Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107305 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: LIMBO: The first hunt begins!
« Reply #405 on: October 12, 2014, 09:02:12 pm »

Do the Javelins roll sinew instead?
Nope. Sinew for aiming them, making sure you hit, but Muscle for damage. Sinew is for aiming attacks though, so if you want to aim a shot rather then just taking whatever swing you can, it helps there.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 12, 2014, 09:02:39 pm »

Down and to the right one, sneaky-like.

Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 12, 2014, 09:15:47 pm »

So I could aim my javelins for the creature's head or upper body from 5 spaces away?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2014, 11:57:41 pm »

So I could aim my javelins for the creature's head or upper body from 5 spaces away?
Yes. It would be a tricky shot, especially if the thing had noticed you and was moving quick and erratic, but it's very possible.

Quietly enter the building I'm nearest to.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Get the shiny thing, carefully. It might be a trap.

Sneak 3 spaces through the building to the smaller one if I can, keep visual of the monster. If not, maintain position and watch the monster.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Down and to the right one, sneaky-like.

Tavik trundles slowly towards the nearest building. He is having a heck of a time at this.
Nav moves, a bit too quickly and noisily, into the gazebo like building. The thing shining inside turns out to be...part of a skeleton. It's the ribcage, at least, some vertebra and the pelvis. The skull is missing, and the limbs, if there are any here, are buried in algae and rubble. The exposed bone seems to have been meticulously cleaned somehow, and shines with a coating of dew.
Beirus slowly craws through the ruins of the shack and into some other, connected, smaller building. Dog house maybe? It's basically not much more then a small rectangular box with the roof half sunk in. He peaks through a hole in the wall made by the collapsed roof and keeps an eye on the Monster's movements.
Hap sidles over a bit, to the other side of his cover.

The creature continues down the road a bit and then stops. It looks around again, staying on all four feet this time, and makes a chattering noise with its beak. Beirus can see the curved claws flexing in and out of the paws involuntarily as the creature searches.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 13, 2014, 12:10:23 am »

Craft the ribcage into a breastplate, if it's the right size, using some duct tape. Pocket the pelvis.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2014, 12:58:55 am »

Craft the ribcage into a breastplate, if it's the right size, using some duct tape. Pocket the pelvis.
You're basically just going to be taking individual rib bones from the body and taping them to your shirt. It's gonna offer barely anything in terms of defense and take several turns to do. Still go for it?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO: New testing! First come first serve!
« Reply #411 on: October 13, 2014, 01:11:44 am »

Ready a javelin and wait to see if the creature moves closer.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 13, 2014, 01:36:27 am »

Sneak East two, if I'm not in line of sight of the creature.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 13, 2014, 06:42:39 am »

You're basically just going to be taking individual rib bones from the body and taping them to your shirt. It's gonna offer barely anything in terms of defense and take several turns to do. Still go for it?
Nah. Just take the bones and sneak north through the house in that case.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 13, 2014, 07:07:54 am »

Continue sneaking towards the building.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #415 on: October 13, 2014, 01:23:18 pm »

Continue sneaking towards the building.
Nah. Just take the bones and sneak north through the house in that case.

Ready a javelin and wait to see if the creature moves closer.

Sneak East two, if I'm not in line of sight of the creature.

Tavik's million mile trundle-o-thon continues. We should get him a tortoise to ride. Speed him up.

Nav gathers up as many of the bones as he can and then slinks deeper into the building, crawling past gaping windows throwing beams of red light across ruined furiture and the collapsed second story of the building where it has dropped into the first.

Beirus, Hunting MVP for now, Keeps a javelin at the ready and an eye on the creature.

Hap sneaks over toward the east, getting behind the larger building while keeping himself pressed low against the wet, algae coated ground.

The monster, after a long pause, coils itself up, muscles visibly tensing though the transparent skin. It leaps, powerful back legs pushing it into the air at the same time as it flaps its front limbs down, propelling itself into the air and onto the roof of one of the nearby buildings. The building groans under the impact and part of it collapses as the creature struggles to get its footing for a second. It finds stable footing and perches itself there, looking around from it's higher vantage point.
Tavik, you're technically in its line of sight, though it hasn't seen you yet. Hap and Illgeo are so far blocked by the structures they're next to. Beirus and Nav are inside buildings and therefore hidden.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO: New testing! First come first serve!
« Reply #416 on: October 13, 2014, 01:43:41 pm »

Still watching the creature. If it spots any of the other hunters, whistle to distract it. If it approaches me within range, javelin it in the head or upper body.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 13, 2014, 02:28:32 pm »

Get. In. The Building.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 13, 2014, 03:01:04 pm »

Go North stealthly (1)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #419 on: October 13, 2014, 11:31:53 pm »

Go North stealthly (1)
Get. In. The Building.

Still watching the creature. If it spots any of the other hunters, whistle to distract it. If it approaches me within range, javelin it in the head or upper body.

Illgeo sidles into better cover, and Beirus crouches in hiding, ready to spring out and hurl a javelin should the opportunity present itself. But tavik runs. He sprints as fast as his lumbering legs can take him and makes it into the building with Nav. And unfortunately for him, even at his glacial pace, the monster notices the movement.

It coils up and bounds off one building and on to anther, moving around to get a better look at the things scurrying through the dark on the edge of its territory. It sees Hap and Illgeo, both trapped out in the open, and turns it's attention on the closest one: Hap. It chitters and clicks its beak excitedly, a deep warbling call building in its chest.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 85