Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107081 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2014, 11:08:10 am »

Try touching the symbols in a random combination. Count how many touches it takes for some sort of "access denied" message to appear. Try the door to make sure, of course.

Spoiler: Ben Febinez (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2014, 01:10:09 pm »

Film everything involving the exoskeleton and control panel with the camera on the datapad, or at least take pictures.

Spoiler: Alec Badel (click to show/hide)
You film the entire process with the data pad. (make sure to add that to your inventory, the filmed evidence. You have to chose what to hand over for cash at the end of this.)

Try touching the symbols in a random combination. Count how many touches it takes for some sort of "access denied" message to appear. Try the door to make sure, of course.

You poke at the symbols for a few minutes.

You're having a hard time figuring this out. It seems like some of the circles can take more symbols then others, and that there's some sort of correct order to input them, but putting the information together as a whole is beyond your easily distracted brain's capacity.

Wonder what killed the poor bastard?

Continue down the hall.

Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)

This hall leads to a perpendicular hall which runs several hundred meters to the right. You feel like you should have intercepted the other entrances like this, but you haven't. Finally it makes another turn, this time to the left. This left passage is short, but rather disturbing. There are more of those same creatures, in various states, most of them in several pieces. The hall is lined in enormous metal spikes, far too large to pose you any threat. They're sharp as a needle by the look of them, but they're conical and their base is almost a meter across. They are over 2 meters long and angled down the hall, so that their points are all aimed at the door blocking that end of the hall. Whatever that door held in, these spikes were there to damage it on its way out. The door at the end of the hall is made out of the same obsidian black substance as the rest of the pyramid, but it has been bent and broken, at least partially, at one of its corners. The black substance has turned vibrant yellow and red where it was bent, almost as though still hot, but clearly not. Through the hole in the door, you can see the brighter glow of some larger room, but you'd have to get down on your hands and knees to really see very far within.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2014, 01:11:29 pm »

Try the panel as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:23:17 pm by Tavik Toth »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2014, 01:21:09 pm »

Ben stares at the screen for a few moments, frowning. Then he starts fumbling in his backpack for something, but stops when the German guy gives the panel a try. Instead, he tries to take another one of those lanterns.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2014, 01:31:47 pm »

Continue filming.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2014, 03:06:36 pm »

Grave robbery inside some messed up pyramid on a giant boneyard. What could possibly go wrong?

Take a couple of pictures of the scene, then start looting the dead. Pay special attention to weapons, any parts of their suits/armor that looks like they could be removed relatively easily with tools, or anything that looks small and unusual when compared to the baseline amount of crazy this entire thing is.

Finally, go take a peek through the bent part of the door.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2014, 08:01:17 pm »

Try the panel as well.

You get a pretty good idea how it works. The outer ring accepts 3 inputs, the middle 2 and the inner 1. You have to do the outer first, then middle, then inner. The thing about it is that, depending on which buttons you push, some of the others go away. It makes it seem like this isn't a key code, rather some sort of control for something, options for actions maybe.

Continue filming.

Filming continues.

Ben stares at the screen for a few moments, frowning. Then he starts fumbling in his backpack for something, but stops when the German guy gives the panel a try. Instead, he tries to take another one of those lanterns.

You grab another one of the lanterns. They're not terribly big, but you probably don't want to fill your bag with more then a couple.

Grave robbery inside some messed up pyramid on a giant boneyard. What could possibly go wrong?

Take a couple of pictures of the scene, then start looting the dead. Pay special attention to weapons, any parts of their suits/armor that looks like they could be removed relatively easily with tools, or anything that looks small and unusual when compared to the baseline amount of crazy this entire thing is.

Finally, go take a peek through the bent part of the door.

You take a few more pictures and then start examining the bodies.  There are things which might be weapons on a few of them; long rod like things, easily 8 feet, with a sort of spiraling double helix point at one end. You can get these easily enough, prying them free from the corpse's hands, but they're too large to store in your pack. There are several pieces of armor/suit that you think you could get lose with your bare hands or simple tools: Gloves, part of a chest piece, maybe even the skullcap/helmet thing they wore over most of their head and which attached to the strange, loose turkey neck sorta thing that connected helmet to chest plate. You don't take any yet, unsure which piece or pieces to get. A few of the corpses have their belts broken or cut open and things have spilled out from the little pods.  Little clear marbles with thin colored lines radiating out from their center,  Lumps of grayish stuff in crinkly silver foil, and thin little slivers of black substance, like shards of obsidian, that seem to be of the same sort of stuff the rods they have are made of.

Past the door you can see a massive open room, like a hanger or a storehouse, with oddly angled walls and a great pit in the center. The place is in disarray, badly scarred with oddly luminous blue gashes and showing signs of force punching up and against the walls. There are machines, sort of rhombus looking things with spiky protuberances,  running on rails around the room, some are still, others, are rotating around the circumference of the room at different heights and speeds, all centered on the pit. You can see several rooms, or alcoves along the walls as well, and bodies, though this time they are unclothed. You can't make out the details from here.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2014, 09:46:40 pm »

Test options until the door opens unless something bad happens.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2014, 10:34:25 pm »

Hmmm...

Get two weight units of armor off the dead. Try to take the most intact pieces, and no duplicates. One of the belts if it's been separated enough from it's owner. Stick 'em all in the backpack. Also grab a couple of samples of all the things that have spilled out of the belt-pods, and definitely try to take at least one intact pod if I can find it.

Finally, examine the door for any type of opening mechanism. Determine if I could squeeze through the bent corner of the door if I can't find a way to open it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2014, 10:54:10 pm »

Still filming.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2014, 11:17:07 pm »

Experiment with the second lantern. How sturdy is it? (Don't use my bare hands to experiment; use rocks, my combat knife, and/or my stun club.) When/If the lantern breaks or gets damaged, discard the broken/damaged one and grab another. Go back down the path a ways to compare how bright an individual lantern is to how bright my flashlight is.

((You guys better hurry up with that door, or my character might start practising his Flaw on it, instead of these poor lanterns. :P))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2014, 04:55:26 am »

Could you get me one lanternthing, Ben? Also, shall we drag exoskeleton together to ship on the way back?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2014, 10:36:55 am »

Test options until the door opens unless something bad happens.
You poke away at the panel for a few minutes until, rather suddenly, two things happen: First, the door opens, which is good. Second, the metallic disc of the roof slowly lifts up about half a foot and light begins pour out of the space  and illuminating the entire island and throwing up a beam of white straight into the sky. Huh.

The door opens onto what is, you believe, a freight elevator. It's a large circular platform that matches the shape of the outer building, with another of those sockets on the forward edge of the platform.

Still filming.

You make sure to film the sequence he used to get the door open.

Experiment with the second lantern. How sturdy is it? (Don't use my bare hands to experiment; use rocks, my combat knife, and/or my stun club.) When/If the lantern breaks or gets damaged, discard the broken/damaged one and grab another. Go back down the path a ways to compare how bright an individual lantern is to how bright my flashlight is.

((You guys better hurry up with that door, or my character might start practising his Flaw on it, instead of these poor lanterns. :P))

You poke at the lantern for a while. It survives being squished quite well, but when you jab it with your knife, it bursts, spraying luminous liquid everywhere. You manage to scramble back out of the way but your knife is coated in the stuff and dissolves into a semi-luminous puddle that shines for a few more seconds then blinks out. Gahhh.

Hmmm...

Get two weight units of armor off the dead. Try to take the most intact pieces, and no duplicates. One of the belts if it's been separated enough from it's owner. Stick 'em all in the backpack. Also grab a couple of samples of all the things that have spilled out of the belt-pods, and definitely try to take at least one intact pod if I can find it.

Finally, examine the door for any type of opening mechanism. Determine if I could squeeze through the bent corner of the door if I can't find a way to open it.

You grab a glove, one of the skull caps, most of a chest plate, a belt that is mostly intact, a boot, and pauldron. You also grab a handful of each of the kinds of things you find spilling out of the belts and tuck them in a pocket of your backpack.  (Is that last one trying to take an intact pod or rod?)

There is some sort of mechanism near the door, but you're uncertain how it works and it seems nonreactive; the dial which makes up most of it doesn't want to turn, at least not under your strength.  Luckily, it does look like you can squeeze through the door, though you'll have to push your bag out in front of you first; the hole isn't big enough to get through with it on your back.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2014, 10:40:17 am »

((Pod))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2014, 10:43:03 am »

((Pod))
Well, the belt is full of pods so there we go.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 85