Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107028 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2014, 09:58:55 am »

Follow path. Keep flashlight beam low, just in case.

Spoiler: Ben Febinez (click to show/hide)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2014, 10:11:21 am »

Keep leading while keeping gun at the ready.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2014, 10:58:47 am »

Follow Ben.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2014, 11:10:39 am »

Follow path. Keep flashlight beam low, just in case.

Keep leading while keeping gun at the ready.
Follow Ben.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You continue along the path and it eventually leads to the source of the lights: a low circular structure, a concrete bunker topped with a strangely metallic and rounded disk of a roof. The light is coming from a series of small, yellowish lights which hang under the brim of the roof, like fireflies gathered under a mushroom cap. It's begun to rain  in the time it took you to get here, a drizzle that coats the rocks and makes them shiny and luminous under the beam of the flashlight. There's a door, or entryway of sorts where the pier ends at bunker. Beyond the sound of rain and the glitter of light off the stones, there's nothing moving or making a noise around the building, at least as far as you can see.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2014, 11:20:16 am »

Clarification: Are the lights conventional, lamp-like objects, physically attached to the building, or are they free-floating, orb-like lights?

If the former, throw a rock at the ground near the building. If nothing happens, approach building cautiously.

If the latter, throw a rock into the darkness near the light but far away from us. Observe whether orb-lights react to the sound. If not, throw another rock at the ground near the building. If they continue to not react, approach building cautiously.

Edit: If I can't tell what they are because of my Flaw, do the latter action.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:24:32 am by swordsmith04 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2014, 11:39:19 am »

Stay on alert.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2014, 11:58:26 am »

Clarification: Are the lights conventional, lamp-like objects, physically attached to the building, or are they free-floating, orb-like lights?

If the former, throw a rock at the ground near the building. If nothing happens, approach building cautiously.

If the latter, throw a rock into the darkness near the light but far away from us. Observe whether orb-lights react to the sound. If not, throw another rock at the ground near the building. If they continue to not react, approach building cautiously.

Edit: If I can't tell what they are because of my Flaw, do the latter action.

They look like paper lanterns in a way: angular, strange flickering glow, and sort of hovering in place. They don't appear to be attached to anything.  You cautiously huck a rock towards the building. It lands in the dark nearby. Nothing happens. You throw another rock, this time more at the building then just near it.  It bounces off the wall and lands in the illuminated area. Nothing happens. Huh.

You slowly approach the building, slinking through the shadows and getting nearer to the the door. Once you get up close you can see that there's some sort of odd outlet sort of thing built into the wall next to the door. It's quite large, bigger then your fist, and oddly patterned, with three deep holes in a triangular shape and strange grooves in the area between the holes. It's almost like some sort of very strange key hole, in a way, or more like something waiting to accept a very specific object which, you assume, would then cause the door to open. Hmm.  There's a much more normal looking control pad above the strange socket, though it is dark and seemingly inactive for the moment.

The rain is starting to fall harder now, and a fine haze of mist is clinging close to the ground. You expect thunder and lightning and wind, but they never come.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2014, 12:01:06 pm »

Keep spacesuit on. Enter pyramid unless anything near the door catches my eye.

Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2014, 12:06:07 pm »

"Seems safe enough," Ben called out to his teammates, "and there's a control panel and some sort of outlet-slash-keyhole here. Bigger than my hand."

Well, this looks like a job for Not-Me. Commence waiting. Turn off flashlight to save battery power, since there's light here.

EDIT: Try the door, just to confirm that it is, in fact, locked.
EDIT2: Wait a sec, we're scavengers. Use combat knife to poke at one of the lights. If they aren't extremely hot or something, try to put one in my backpack.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:16:18 pm by swordsmith04 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2014, 12:23:30 pm »

"Vhat if the outlet is for a power cable or something equivalent?"

Search area for anything that might fit the socket.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #175 on: August 09, 2014, 01:52:15 pm »

Keep spacesuit on. Enter pyramid unless anything near the door catches my eye.

Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)
You enter the pyramid; the entrances aren't much more then open tunnels cut or formed into the unidentifiable black substance that the pyramid is made of. They're lit by some sort of greenish light, the source of which you can't see. The passage seems to diverge up ahead, but before that there's something else. Something is leaning up against the wall halfway down the tunnel, seemingly just sitting there. It looks bipedal, at least as far as you can see, but larger then a man and covered in some sort of carapace or thick, angular gray skin. It's laying perfectly still, back against the wall and legs splayed out in front of it.

"Seems safe enough," Ben called out to his teammates, "and there's a control panel and some sort of outlet-slash-keyhole here. Bigger than my hand."

Well, this looks like a job for Not-Me. Commence waiting. Turn off flashlight to save battery power, since there's light here.

EDIT: Try the door, just to confirm that it is, in fact, locked.
EDIT2: Wait a sec, we're scavengers. Use combat knife to poke at one of the lights. If they aren't extremely hot or something, try to put one in my backpack.

You walk up to the door and try to push it. It doesn't budge. There's no handle on this side, and in fact it looks like a sliding door. You try again, this time trying to slide it, but without success.

You pull out your knife and carefully nudge one of the glowing lamps. It bobs up and down, the light inside it swirling like you've disturbed some sort of luminous inner liquid, but it doesn't break or explode or try and kill you. You press the blade up against it for a few seconds then touch the blade with your finger tip. It's slightly warm, about body temp. You touch the ball. It's got a definite warmth to it, but nothing that would burn you.  You grab the lamp and try to take it. It resists for a second, then comes free and lets you put it into your backpack.  Despite its texture- like that of dry seaweed stretched over thin rods, it seems pretty sturdy.

"Vhat if the outlet is for a power cable or something equivalent?"

Search area for anything that might fit the socket.
You search around the building. You do find something, around to one side and off a bit, down on some jagged rocks near the shore. It's an exoskeleon, or something like it, a mechanical device designed to be worn on the body. It's pretty badly damaged but you can tell that's what it is; mostly because there's still a body in it. Or at least whats left of a body. It's not much more then a skeleton now, and even that is heavily degraded and stained greenish by the sea. It looks something like a human skeleton, but the skull is wrong, and the bones are all a bit off: The large, spike toothed jaw, the ribcage which lacks any hanging ribs, all of them now fused into a more secure bony structure, the extra shards of bone laying scattered around the hands, all similar, but different. Half the body is missing, and the lower half of the exoskeleton is much more damaged then the upper part. It looks like this thing got torn in half and hurled on the rocks by something.
(+1 Sanity)
You notice, trying to push the thoughts of exactly what in that dark, subterranean sea might of done this out of your head,  that the hands of the exoskeleton have three long fingers and the grooves resemble those of the socket.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 09, 2014, 02:01:12 pm »

Examine the control pad. Are the buttons in a language I can understand?

Spoiler: Alec Badel (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 09, 2014, 02:06:36 pm »

"Found a alien corpse and a exoskeleton down here! I also claim ownership of the exoskeleton now." Reinhard shouts to,the others from where he is.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2014, 02:20:41 pm »

Examine the control pad. Are the buttons in a language I can understand?

Spoiler: Alec Badel (click to show/hide)
The control pad, if thats what it is, doesn't appear to be active. It's just a dead, blank screen right now. You tap on it. It doesn't react. Hrm.

"Found a alien corpse and a exoskeleton down here! I also claim ownership of the exoskeleton now." Reinhard shouts to,the others from where he is.

The exoskeleton, you're quick to notice, has spikes running down the length of the spine and over the shoulders. Not large ones, but fairly long and it seems like they're designed to, ahem, interface with the wearer.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2014, 02:38:04 pm »

((Do you get paid for information or only tangible loots?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 85