Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 106993 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2014, 07:33:34 pm »

Follow those guys down the pier, bring the blind person if they need help. Use the data pad for light if necessary writing a flashlight app for it if I need to.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2014, 07:59:42 pm »

Are the rods set out in any pattern (like they might be marking a pathway or perimeter), or are they appear to be scattered at random?

Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2014, 08:19:41 pm »

Crack a glowstick and give it to Tavik Toth's character, then backtrack for the two teammates left behind, and lead them to the tower.

Spoiler: Ben Febinez (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2014, 08:59:28 pm »

Crack a glowstick and give it to Tavik Toth's character, then backtrack for the two teammates left behind, and lead them to the tower.

Follow those guys down the pier, bring the blind person if they need help. Use the data pad for light if necessary writing a flashlight app for it if I need to.
Ya'll get back together near the tower. 

Are the rods set out in any pattern (like they might be marking a pathway or perimeter), or are they appear to be scattered at random?

They're set out along a straight line, all of them about 50-60 feet from the base of the structure.

PYRAMID

Empty space

O          O          O          O          O          O
                            Rods

Empty space

BONESBONESBONESBONESBONESBONES
BONESBONES  You   BONESBONESBONES

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2014, 09:24:00 pm »

Walk up the tower side-pier. Is there a control panel or something on the side of the tower or on the pier?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2014, 09:32:16 pm »

Follow Ben. If there is a control panel, can my data pad interface with it using the adapter?

((I wonder if we got sent to check out some sort of alien cooling system or garbage disposal.))

Spoiler: Alec Badel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:38:10 pm by Beirus »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2014, 09:41:17 pm »

((If I remember correctly, the oceans on the quiet-world from mission 7 were completely sealed off from the atmosphere, in order to use them as giant power generators. I think these towers are the same kind of thing.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2014, 09:43:16 pm »

That's so weird that there's no bones by the rods. I wonder if it pushes them away?

Cautiously approach bone/empty space divide. If everything feels okay when on the edge, toss a piece of bone towards the nearest doorway, between the rods, at around normal height.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2014, 11:21:00 pm »

Walk up the tower side-pier. Is there a control panel or something on the side of the tower or on the pier?

Follow Ben. If there is a control panel, can my data pad interface with it using the adapter?

((I wonder if we got sent to check out some sort of alien cooling system or garbage disposal.))

You both head down the side path toward the tower, but the heat quickly becomes too much. The water near the base of the tower is literally boiling, and the steam is hot enough to melt flesh. No one without a space suit can get near it, at least not without kissing their skin goodbye. Regardless, you don't see any sort of control panels for the tower, even from the halfway point, which is about as far as anyone can get.

That's so weird that there's no bones by the rods. I wonder if it pushes them away?

Cautiously approach bone/empty space divide. If everything feels okay when on the edge, toss a piece of bone towards the nearest doorway, between the rods, at around normal height.

You slide down the bone pilings until you reach the edge of the empty space. Nothing feels... Ok everything here feels wrong. You're in an alien boneyard attempting to gain entrance to a mile high black pyramid, this is far from normalcy. But the pylons don't shoot you and nothing makes your hair stand on end or your skin crawl any more than normal so...You pick up a bone and hurl it towards the nearest doorway, between two of the pylons. It makes it to the pylons, hits a solid wall of air and then rebounds off, silent in the limited to non-existent atmosphere. The bone clatters to the ground, seemingly undamaged.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:25:53 pm by piecewise »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2014, 11:45:04 pm »

No use getting any closer. Might as well go further down the pier, preferably following someone with a light.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:28:03 am by Beirus »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2014, 12:15:38 am »

Hrm.

Approach barrier. Try to pass a hand between two pylons, across the invisible wall. If the hand doesn't stop at the wall, try to walk through.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2014, 07:02:41 am »

Wait for the others then lead them down the main pier. Hold onto glow stick it was given as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:41:33 am by Tavik Toth »

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2014, 07:18:01 am »

Follow everyone.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2014, 09:44:45 am »

"Damn."
Continue down main pier.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2014, 09:47:12 am »

"Damn."
Continue down main pier.

No use getting any closer. Might as well go further down the pier, preferably following someone with a light.

Wait for the others then lead them down the main pier. Hold onto glow stick it was given as well.

Follow everyone.
The pier continues for miles, past several more of the towers. Finally, after what must have been two or three hours of walking, the pier runs up against stone; a natural rocky island by the look of it.  The pier transitions into a metal plated pathway up through the rocks around the shore and deeper into the island. Somewhere up ahead the group can just barely see light eminating from something deep in the rocky crags of the island.

Hrm.

Approach barrier. Try to pass a hand between two pylons, across the invisible wall. If the hand doesn't stop at the wall, try to walk through.

You slowly walk to the pylons and reach out with the pinky on your left hand, carefully  advancing until it hit the "wall".  Reality distorts around your finger, almost like you're pushing your way through a clear jelly, and your pressure is warping the view through it, causing everything around it to look bent and distorted. But with a little bit of pressure it moves through and the rest of you follows it. It's not easy, it's a bit like struggling your way through a wall of molasses, but you manage it.  As you make it through reality ripples and then settles back into it's usual state behind you.

Your suit  beeps and gives you a reading that you are in a habitable atmosphere. You look up and the sky of dead stars has been replaced  by a blue expanse covered in wispy clouds. The ground, still the same reddish copper color, is covered in a thin layer of plant life. The pyramid is exactly the same though, still as massive and imposing as before. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 85