Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 0.40.xx Adventure mode in movies  (Read 875 times)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
0.40.xx Adventure mode in movies
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:49:26 am »

This two minutes long sketch pretty much sums it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPXG4pdPj4w
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Gradiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.40.xx Adventure mode in movies
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:20:58 am »

Not enough inevitability.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 11:55:21 am »

I love the moment when the guard's companion is murdered, and he slowly turns and says: "Hey...".

Also, kicking the bride is relevant.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Epthelyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 02:27:04 pm »

Not enough inevitability.

It was inevitable.

Seriously though, that's pretty much every adventure I've had so far. Enter a fortress, kill everyone without facing any resistance and then talk to someone I was supposed to have been finding but forgot about before I went on a killing spree, usually the lord (who I kill anyway, because who needs quests when you can brag about killing someone and then claim the fortress as your own).

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 02:40:13 pm »

Yep, the resemblance is striking. The only resistance I have encountered so far is a confused line from guard dying from a punctured lung, like: "So, where are you travelling?"

Here's the extended version with Easter Eggs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jO1EOhGkY0
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:43:04 pm by Kamamura »