Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [31.25] Bumblebee mead?  (Read 1140 times)

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
[31.25] Bumblebee mead?
« on: July 13, 2014, 09:58:56 pm »

I was tinkering around with one of my mods, and I added the [ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE] tag to bumblebees.

Well, after playing for some time and collecting a few hives of both honeybees and bumblebees, I tried to make mead... and only the honeybee honey worked for it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is this a problem that can be fixed, or am I just going to have to settle for "one or the other"? ._.

(Side note: I am somewhat new to modding and there are still some things I don't understand. This was also the mod that saw me touching the reaction files for the first time...)
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
Re: [31.25] Bumblebee mead?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 10:01:38 pm »

Only creatures with [ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE] can be put in hives, which in vanilla are only honey bees, not bumblebees.  Strangely enough, bumblebees have honey and mead listed in their raws that you can't obtain in any way.  I just erased the bumblebee products from its creature raws in my mod.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 10:02:58 pm »

Only creatures with [ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE] can be put in hives, which in vanilla are only honey bees, not bumblebees.  Strangely enough, bumblebees have honey and mead listed in their raws that you can't obtain in any way.  I just erased the bumblebee products from its creature raws in my mod.

I know that. I added the [ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE] tag to bumblebees, and the whole process worked fine up until I tried making mead with their honey.

I could still make bumblebee wax crafts and such :/
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 10:06:46 pm »

I know that. I added the [ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE] tag to bumblebees, and the whole process worked fine up until I tried making mead with their honey.

I could still make bumblebee wax crafts and such :/

Then it should be the reaction [REACTION:MAKE_MEAD], that's the problem. It normally needs specifically honey from a honey bee to make mead.

To make bumblebee mead, change the reaction to this:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_MEAD]
[NAME:make mead]
[BUILDING:STILL:CUSTOM_M]
[REAGENT:honey:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT]
[REAGENT:honey container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:honey]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER] barrel or any non-absorbing tool with FOOD_STORAGE
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:honey:DRINK_MAT]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:BREWING]

This should let the reaction select both types of honey, since they both have the same [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT]. You can do this in an existing savefile, since you're not adding new reactions to the entity, just changing one.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:09:04 pm by samanato »

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 10:08:45 pm »

....ahh yeah, I see the problem now. *facepalm*

Thanks for the help, and sorry for making you endure my noob modder skills (or lack thereof) :P