Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1873448 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3285 on: January 14, 2016, 02:13:38 pm »

Don't forget the lick interaction. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: January 14, 2016, 04:09:46 pm »

Assembling instruments is made in the craftdwarf's workshop, which uses a whole bunch of different skills depending on what you make and the material(s) used, so cochramd's question is quite relevant. I suspect the answer is whatever skill was used to create the instrument body, based on some vague recollection of that having been stated/suggested. A definite answer would be useful, though.
I did some !SCIENCE! on the matter and updated the wiki; just check the bottom of the page on instruments.
:
:

Thanks for the reference! Just to show that I've looked at it I can pick a nit: Leatherworking seems to be a possible assembly craft as well, and should probably be added to the footnote.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: January 14, 2016, 05:22:24 pm »

Would it be a simple thing to enable regular non-dwarf migrants now? Considering how multi-cultural civs are, it's actually a bit strange how they still seem to be all dwarves these days.

Apologies if they actually exist and I've just missed them so far.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 05:24:18 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: January 14, 2016, 05:41:26 pm »

For that matter, Do you have any plans to make races other than dwarves playable?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: January 14, 2016, 05:44:48 pm »

Elves kinda are, if you know how to get em to make wood ;)
One wheel short of a wagon

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: January 14, 2016, 06:48:29 pm »

For that matter, Do you have any plans to make races other than dwarves playable?
That's on the development page (including goblins and organizing raiding parties and such).

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: January 14, 2016, 07:46:31 pm »

Assembling instruments is made in the craftdwarf's workshop, which uses a whole bunch of different skills depending on what you make and the material(s) used, so cochramd's question is quite relevant. I suspect the answer is whatever skill was used to create the instrument body, based on some vague recollection of that having been stated/suggested. A definite answer would be useful, though.
I did some !SCIENCE! on the matter and updated the wiki; just check the bottom of the page on instruments.
:
:

Thanks for the reference! Just to show that I've looked at it I can pick a nit: Leatherworking seems to be a possible assembly craft as well, and should probably be added to the footnote.
Oh, did I miss that? I better go fix it.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: January 15, 2016, 12:24:10 pm »

In DF, scrolling a mouse's scroll wheel forward zooms the map out, and scrolling it backwards zooms it in. This is the opposite of most applications- why is this, and are there any plans to change it?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: January 15, 2016, 12:29:56 pm »

In DF, scrolling a mouse's scroll wheel forward zooms the map out, and scrolling it backwards zooms it in. This is the opposite of most applications- why is this, and are there any plans to change it?
The default is odd, but those are keybinds for "button 4" and "button 5" that you can change if you like.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: January 15, 2016, 05:31:10 pm »

The default is odd, but those are keybinds for "button 4" and "button 5" that you can change if you like.
First thing I change with every new install. Since no-one ever remarked that it was strange I had assumed my mouse was the problem...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: January 15, 2016, 09:34:58 pm »

I never willingly zoom in or out myself.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: January 16, 2016, 02:06:48 am »

Drives me mad when my resolution scale changes and I can't get it back just-so.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: January 16, 2016, 09:40:20 am »

I find it useful for when I need to take a picture of the whole map, like when I want to prove that yes, I did build a wall all the way around hell.

HiddenEyes056

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh my gosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: January 16, 2016, 10:14:14 am »

On the topic of resolution and scrolling, can we make it possible to check what your current resolution is? Normally, I scroll in to get my favoured resolution, but have no idea what I've set it to, so I have to do it manually each time.

If this is currently possible, or if there is a similiar work-around, I would love to know too.
So basically the Mountainhomes is now sending complimentary cheese dip with every caravan.
A named spider who died centuries before I even played was helping rescue kids I had in fact rescued.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: January 16, 2016, 11:48:20 am »

I think it gets logged to standard output with PRINT_MODE set to 2D, although I'm not sure how you could view that on Windows - maybe try launching DF from a command prompt.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 306