Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1871865 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #930 on: December 15, 2014, 12:43:41 pm »

Probably some tag to allow cats shot laser beams trough their eyes...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 15, 2014, 02:51:05 pm »

Will you add Hemp/Cannabis as a crop from which you can make cloth and oil (which you also can in real life) in patch 4.20?

Nevermind, hemp is already in the game, sorry for my ignorance D;
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:55:07 pm by Lord_lemonpie »

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 15, 2014, 05:26:25 pm »

Will you add Hemp/Cannabis as a crop from which you can make cloth and oil (which you also can in real life) in patch 4.20?

Nevermind, hemp is already in the game, sorry for my ignorance D;
This is also a suggestion.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 15, 2014, 05:39:09 pm »

It's also going to be 0.40.20.

Also, maybe 0.41.01? But I doubt that. I mean, I'm not saying it's not, but 0.40.20 seems more likely.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 15, 2014, 07:13:53 pm »

Toady, are building jobs like walls and floors now decoupled from the workshop jobs that used the same materials? Like, will I still need to have my manager restrict the masonry workshops so that all my wall-building grunts don't also build my chairs and tables, or is that gone?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 15, 2014, 07:19:02 pm »

That explains why the miners and cooks had masonry enabled when I got the save. :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 16, 2014, 07:31:35 am »

How does the new system treat military dwarves?

For example at the moment I have 2 haulers in a military squad who are not set to train & yet they simply ignore all hauling jobs in favour of indivual combat drill/resting.

Kumis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 16, 2014, 08:30:53 am »

How does the new system treat military dwarves?

For example at the moment I have 2 haulers in a military squad who are not set to train & yet they simply ignore all hauling jobs in favour of indivual combat drill/resting.

I've noticed this in prior iterations of the game. I'm not aware if there was ever a priority split between Hauling and Individual Drill, but I mostly saw my inactive Military-cum-Haulers (stop snickering) mostly engaging in Individual Drill. The trick is to not assign them any barracks, at least during their inactive months. This must be done manually I'm afraid.

Edit: or are you asking if there'll be any change to this system? In which case please ignore!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:33:20 am by Kumis »
Dodók Medtobór,
What are you trying to hunt?
Y u no find path?

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 16, 2014, 08:51:55 am »

Yeah I was basically hoping it's being changed in such a way that I'll no longer have to keep pulling part time military dwarves in and out of squads manually to get them to do their jobs. Farmers also seem to have a problem ever farming if they're in a military squad.

PigtailLlama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 16, 2014, 06:02:32 pm »

One thing I'd like to see is the carrying of provisions when doing certain jobs, i.e. flasks and backpacks are carried for jobs with a long path to follow, or in some dangerous cases some form of personal defense or protection such as helmets, daggers or wooden crossbows if available. Ropes that are used and anchored to rappel down vertical shafts if there is no stairs might also be a nice option.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 16, 2014, 06:11:58 pm »

Guess what bugs have been fixed (or at least checked off) for the next release? :D

Haulers carry (heavy) full bin to pickup single item (lighter) (Toady One) - resolved.
and
Conflict between hauling jobs (i.e. filling containers) and other jobs using items in those containers (Toady One) - resolved.

Sounds like he found a way to fix some of the inefficiencies with the current hauling system.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 16, 2014, 08:14:34 pm »

So right now I'm seeing that Inn's are probably going to be implemented pretty soon , did Toady say if he would implement / work on :

*Creatures singing at the Inns or at other social events?
*Creatures getting overly drunk and behaving like drunk people do?

Anyone know what the status on invaders use of siege engines is? Catapults and other wall breaking monstrosities?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 16, 2014, 08:19:10 pm »

So right now I'm seeing that Inn's are probably going to be implemented pretty soon , did Toady say if he would implement / work on :

Anyone know what the status on invaders use of siege engines is? Catapults and other wall breaking monstrosities?

http://www.bay12games.com/media/df_talk_22_transcript.html

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 17, 2014, 05:32:57 am »

Guess what bugs have been fixed (or at least checked off) for the next release? :D

Haulers carry (heavy) full bin to pickup single item (lighter) (Toady One) - resolved.
and
Conflict between hauling jobs (i.e. filling containers) and other jobs using items in those containers (Toady One) - resolved.

Sounds like he found a way to fix some of the inefficiencies with the current hauling system.

Yeeaaaaah!
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 17, 2014, 03:06:29 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/media/df_talk_22_transcript.html
Also, http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 306