Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix  (Read 25174 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix (it begins!)
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2014, 03:01:01 pm »

For freedom, I will go... TO THE HERMITAGE!!!
Run towards the hermitage
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2014, 04:04:31 pm »

paradise of fleshy pleasures, eh? Sounds like my type of thing!

To paradise!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

blazing glory

« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2014, 04:06:14 pm »

Go to paradise.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2014, 06:22:43 pm »

To Paradise. Keep the snail shell pointed in front of me.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2014, 04:54:40 pm »

"Well, I-  Woah, what's that behind you guys?"

Stargazer takes off running towards the Hermitage.
For freedom, I will go... TO THE HERMITAGE!!!
Run towards the hermitage

The two of you take off for the Forbidden Hermitage, though nobody else seems to want to follow. Suckers! How could they ever prefer the Paradise of Fleshy Pleasures to the immediately relatable charm of the Forbidden Hermitage? Downright silly is what it is. You run along rapidly, reaching the sphere within minutes, and finding a sphincter-like opening that leads inside - almost diving through, the two of you make it inside, and the archway immediately seized up, leaving only a microscopic opening behind it.

Within, you become aware that the inside of the place is a cube rather than a sphere, and immediately feel cheated. It's very blocky, sort of like the room where you awakened, but with much more of an orderly aesthetic. There's a 4-step ziggurat at the center, with a little steel shack forming the top step. The outer walls and ceiling of the cube seem to be painted like an artificial 3-D landscape, albeit one that's disturbingly bleeding colorful little streams of unknown liquids in places, complete with a blinding 2-dimensional rendering of a sun idly crawling along the wall, and transitioning to the ceiling while bending perfectly nicely. There's a staircase leading straight up the thing. No voice of Radix the Omniscient, oddly.

paradise of fleshy pleasures, eh? Sounds like my type of thing!

To paradise!
Go to paradise.
To Paradise. Keep the snail shell pointed in front of me.

You lot, unimpressed by the conduct of the two rushing people that went ahead, proceed (along with three others that follow retroactively, presumably) toward the Paradise of Fleshy Pleasures, going down the path into deep darkness, until eventually the path runs out - the first of you stops, while the others keep going, and the result is a comical pratfall into the abyss, interrupted at what feels like a midway point when you suddenly are all someplace else.

It looks like a gyroscope, but floppier and softer. A wheel of flesh spins, and you seem to be standing on it presently, and so it seems more like the world around you is spinning incredibly quickly. There's some form of transparent sphere at the center atop what looks like an alien hand, and there's also a near-perfect flesh replica of an armchair. Plus a strange spherical flesh thing that appears to have its layers peeling off, and some sort of small mount with indentations on the floor all around it, seemingly shaped for human knees.

"HEAR THE WORDS OF RADIX THE OMNISCIENT! YOU FIND YOURSELVES IN THE PARADISE OF FLESHY PLEASURES! TAKE A MOMENT TO ENJOY YOURSELVES WHILE A GUARDIAN ARRIVES THROUGH THE FOREVER PORTAL!"

A star-shaped part of the floor suddenly glows silver.

"A GUARDIAN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE, BUT IT SEEMS TO BE GONE! WAIT PATIENTLY WHILE ANOTHER ONE IS BROUGHT TO YOU OR FIND THE PREVIOUS ONE! EITHER WAY, YOUR QUEST WILL CONTINUE!"

Nunzillor

« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2014, 05:51:50 pm »

After taking a moment to admire the artificial landscape, Stargazer turns to her unfortunate companion.  She is visibly agitated. 

"Alright, let's get this out of the way.  I don't trust you, Mr. Gray.  You speak in the color of CONCEALING SMOKE!  You say you fight for freedom, but I know who you really fight for: THE FBI!  DON'T YOU DARE DENY IT!  SORRY, BUT YOU WON'T SABOTAGE THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY LIKE YOUR DISGUSTING FRIENDS DID AT ROSWELL, YOU GOVERNMENT LAPDOG FIEND!"

Stargazer takes a moment to wipe the spittle from her mouth.  There is a substantial amount of it.  When she speaks again, her voice is calmer.  "I've got my eyes on you.  And I've got eyes on the back of my eyes.  So.  Don't.  Try.  Anything."

Now that the rather annoying rant is out of her system, Stargazer begins climbing the ziggurat.  She cautiously peeks into the metal shack once she reaches the top.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:55:12 pm by Nunzillor »

blazing glory

« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2014, 06:00:09 pm »

I don't think I like the Fleshy Paradise.

Step off the gyroscope and examine the star shaped part of the floor.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:34:38 pm by blazing glory »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2014, 06:06:40 pm »

A guardian, eh? Is that what they call them here?

wait to see if this 'guardian' babe shows up

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2014, 06:14:58 pm »

Redshirt looks around, with a paranoid look in his eye, for traps, or hidden phasers, or hidden phaser traps.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2014, 06:53:53 pm »

Waiting for the guardian. Keep the shell pointed away from me.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2014, 09:22:20 pm »

Knuser tilts his head, and scratches it in confusion.

"Umm... what is FBI, or Roswell for that matter? Was he your patron, Stargazer? If so, do not let him guide your way, for your way is yours, and my way is mine :)

Follow Stargazer where she is going
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2014, 04:16:39 pm »

After taking a moment to admire the artificial landscape, Stargazer turns to her unfortunate companion.  She is visibly agitated. 

"Alright, let's get this out of the way.  I don't trust you, Mr. Gray.  You speak in the color of CONCEALING SMOKE!  You say you fight for freedom, but I know who you really fight for: THE FBI!  DON'T YOU DARE DENY IT!  SORRY, BUT YOU WON'T SABOTAGE THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY LIKE YOUR DISGUSTING FRIENDS DID AT ROSWELL, YOU GOVERNMENT LAPDOG FIEND!"

Stargazer takes a moment to wipe the spittle from her mouth.  There is a substantial amount of it.  When she speaks again, her voice is calmer.  "I've got my eyes on you.  And I've got eyes on the back of my eyes.  So.  Don't.  Try.  Anything."

Now that the rather annoying rant is out of her system, Stargazer begins climbing the ziggurat.  She cautiously peeks into the metal shack once she reaches the top.

You climb the thing with ease, and peek inside the shack - the inside is very well-lit, and within sits a disembodied giant head, its eyes blinking independently at you as its jaw flaps randomly. It looks vaguely familiar, yet the features are inhuman - the head is hairless, with almost no profile to speak of, a single slit in the place of a nose and twisted eyes, its mouth full of sharp teeth and its ears looking like elaborate horns. There appears to be some form of note, made of paper of all things, in its single slit-nostril.

Aside from the the head, there's also a set of two pods in one corner, one adjacent to the other, and a large, fleshy, lumpy eye looking at you and your buddy Knuser from its corner of the room, the movements of it being fairly rapid, silent and rather unnerving.

I don't think I like the Fleshy Paradise.

Step off the gyroscope and examine the star shaped part of the floor.

The Paradise of Fleshy Pleasures is the gyroscope - beyond is only perilous void. And the star, you notice, looks like a holy conduit of power, channeling divine magic into its workings to call forth the Guardian of Tomorrow.

Redshirt looks around, with a paranoid look in his eye, for traps, or hidden phasers, or hidden phaser traps.

You locate no traps! Or hidden phasers, for that matter.

A guardian, eh? Is that what they call them here?

wait to see if this 'guardian' babe shows up
Waiting for the guardian. Keep the shell pointed away from me.

Violent waiting ensues - the Guardian is not here yet. But she will be soon, judging from the star.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2014, 04:43:53 pm »

Continue waiting.

((Gee, it would be neat if my snail shell shot moonshine.))

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2014, 05:06:06 pm »

Stare at the star with a slightly smug slightly curious look

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2014, 05:12:58 pm »

Redshirt settles in, but does not sit down. 95% of his kind are killed sitting or lying down.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19