Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix  (Read 25190 times)

blazing glory

Re: Death Rattle: Chapter 1
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2014, 06:38:11 am »

Put on the Morion.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2014, 06:39:03 am »

Since Elerium is in this RtD, will we be seeing any Ethereals popping up? Oh, and about your 6 week RtD swapping idea, will each RtD be set in the same universe?

Probably not, since they'd be a little high level and would presumably have no reason to bother this particular version of Earth. And no, probably not. I'm currently wondering which RTD to swap to next - one involves surreal sci-fi mystery, the other involves high fantasy adventure with a twist.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2014, 02:31:38 pm »

"You, Hoist that treasure chest into the hold. You, paint the ship's name on her hull. And you, prepare the rigging, we be heading west."

Man the helm and start sailing west, trying to meet up with the rest of the players.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2014, 09:02:16 pm »

Still panicking internally, Squirrel tries to radiate calm.  The kneeling individual before him didn't seem to be a threat, but he did seem unstable (to say nothing of some of the others in the tower).   Squirrel decided it was better to seem in control than weak when dealing with such people.

"Ah... Thank you for that, fellow survivalist.  It's nice to have some more light in here.  So as I was saying, what is this book that you were looking for?  Did you say it was some kind of holy tome of survival?"

((Of the two, sci-fi mystery seems like it would be the most interesting to play or read in my opinion))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:55:23 pm by Nunzillor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2014, 01:31:36 pm »

CLONE, feeling like the third time's the charm, looks around once more. And he does notice something interesting, a groove in the pillar on which the figure stands, one he could easily insert a finger into, he thinks. He approaches, examining it more closely, and it still looks like he could easily insert a finger into it. The temptation slowly mounts within his mind.

Squirrel Grills, meanwhile, utilizes his mastery of the survival-related monologue to conduct nonchalant conversation. "Ah... Thank you for that, fellow survivalist. It's nice to have some more light in here," he says to CLONE, then turns toward the worshiper. "So as I was saying, what is this book that you were looking for? Did you say it was some kind of holy tome of survival?"

"Is, not was. Without the Holy Book of Questions, we may very well die, for our lives will have nothing to nourish them," the worshiper's strangled voice crackles with conviction. "Deprived we are, and meaning is what we will thirst for from here on in."

Starn Gundar, excited by the gleam of the helmet he is about to put on, finally puts it on, and delights in the sensation of his head becoming simultaneously shinier, heavier, better protected and more dignified. The morion does not quite match his breastplate, being in a far better state, but nevertheless he feels that he has gotten nearer to an ideal of some kind, an ineffable distant horizon of elegance having just become that much closer.

He is unsure how long he stands looking resplendent in his new helmet, but he is snapped out of it by the sound of something stepping on the sand near him. He turns to face what comes, only to see another man, or is it perhaps the same man, dragging a bag that seems to be filled with other men and women like yourself, their bodies bent and twisted to fit inside a confined space and their dry voices feebly crying out for salvation.

"Greetings. Shall we conduct business?" the new arrival asks, sounding exactly the same as any other person in the wastes.

Salty Pete, satisfied with the initiation of this new nautical expedition, goes about his captainly duties. Namely, ordering around the sailors.

"You, hoist that treasure chest into the hold. You, paint the ship's name on her hull. And you, prepare the rigging, we be heading west," he starts to say as he clambers up the rope ladder after the three sailors, but they seem to utterly ignore him as they climb into the boat and start adjusting various things all by themselves, paying Salty Pete no mind at all. Without warning, the ship begins to move further eastward, it seems. The sailors now seem to be completely silent.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2014, 02:21:51 pm »

Thomas looks around for something to do.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2014, 02:34:17 pm »

Hell, I don't know if there's point to filling out a sheet if there's a change inbound, but put me on the waitlist anyway.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2014, 03:10:01 pm »

Thomas looks around for something to do.

Would you be amenable to playing music on the bottles lining the walls? A sort of one man jugband show?

Maybe deliver a monologue while holding one of the available skulls?

Perhaps you can try to dig for treasure in the sand.

Oh, there's four cardinal directions in which you can ostensibly go! That could work.

Failing that, you can take a stand against idolatry and shoot either the figure up top or the worshiper right here. You might even learn something.

Or maybe execute CLONE or Squirrel Grills for fun. It's not like there's any court that'd stop you from doing that. Maybe the worshiper would thank you, even. With treasure and all.

A possibility you cannot ignore is that you can just head outside and look for clouds despite there not being any. Ever.

You could attempt to climb the wall of the tower. From the inside or the outside. That's a whole two options rolled into one.

A quest for the Holy Book of Questions is not out of the question.

A long term solution to boredom could be just up and dying - you already seem to have absentmindedly fallen over, so it wouldn't be much of a problem to simply let go and rest for eternity from here on in.

Finally, you could compose poetry in your head and then recite it to possibly impress your friends. That sounds fun, doesn't it?

Hell, I don't know if there's point to filling out a sheet if there's a change inbound, but put me on the waitlist anyway.

I will! There's about two to three weeks to go before a game change, and there's five people already on it ahead of you, but still, it could happen.

Nunzillor

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2014, 07:41:59 pm »

((Can't get rid of us that easily (hopefully).  I can assure you that Squirrel is prepared to defend himself from any would-be executioners, dice gods permitting.))

"Hmm, psychological survival.  Not really my area of expertise.  But perhaps this book can still be helpful," Squirrel internally monologues.

Externally, he addresses the worshiper.  "What specifically is it about the contents of this book that inspires meaning in others?  Can it account for our current state of existence?  I seek answers, you see, that will make clear the nature of our survival after death," he explains.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:13:09 pm by Nunzillor »

blazing glory

« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2014, 08:42:17 pm »

No.

Go West,where the other's were.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2014, 11:16:19 pm »

Thomas begins to play music on the bottles.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2014, 02:35:58 am »

I put one of my 30 fingers in the hole!
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2014, 12:31:42 pm »

"No. You're doing it wrong. LISTEN TO YOUR CAPTAIN! We are going west."

I am now Captain Salty Pete. Order my crew around. Physically if need be. First priority: get the booze chest on board.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2014, 04:26:10 pm »

"What specifically is it about the contents of this book that inspires meaning in others? Can it account for our current state of existence? I seek answers, you see, that will make clear the nature of our survival after death," Squirrel Grills wonders of the worshiper, who seems knowledgeable in these matters.

"The Holy Book of Questions has no answers. Only questions. Hence its brilliance," the worshiper explains. "More difficult and less difficult ones, but only questions. And these are more important than mere answers."

Thomas, for his part, begins to play mind-numbingly awful music on the bottles along the wall, providing an oddly appropriate, if still offensively terrible soundtrack to the entire affair. The worshiper gives him a glance, his shriveled hand passing over his gun, but he seems to decide that perhaps he will give this player a chance.

CLONE, meanwhile, does the sensible thing and shoves his finger into the groove, whereupon it disappears immediately and painlessly, leaving CLONE's original body short one armored index finger. The pillar seems vaguely satisfied now.

Just as the plot thickens in the room, however, Starn Gundar shuffles in after two solid weeks of wandering, looking resplendent in his new helmet.

Salty Pete, wishing to be the captain of this fine vessel, begins to do as any fine captain of a finer vessel and hollers at his crew in his weak, sand-filled voice.

"No. You're doing it wrong. LISTEN TO YOUR CAPTAIN! We are going west."

"It doesn't matter which way we go," one sailor says.

"And shut it, will you?" another tells the captain.

"You're not the boss of us," the last says.

Captain Salty Pete is not one to take such abuse, so he solves the problem of dissent the best way he knows how. He shambles up to one of the sailors slowly, and gives him his strongest push, which is as feeble as you would expect an ancient corpse to produce. But the corpse he is trying to push is comparably ancient, and so it falls over. It takes it a good two minutes to get back up, at which point it pushes back, though it does not succeed at toppling the captain. And the captain, with a slightly feebler push than before, having spent a lot of energy on that last attempt, pushes the sailor down once more. As it takes three minutes to get up, he orders the others to do as he says or face the same fate - he shall brook no mutiny on this vessel.

The message has been given, and the sailors realize who is the true master here, and immediately they act on his orders, turning to face the opposite direction. As they pass the booze chest, he orders his new minions to scoop it up - they do so without delay. And so they sail westward for a year or so, contemplating whether to drop the horses or not under such unfavorable conditions. They ultimately decide in favor of it, but the conditions do not improve much. Luckily, though, they are already dead.

Chapter 1W - A Wedding

Eventually they reach the site of a grand yard, at which hundreds of people seem to have gathered, facing an old corpse wearing a wreath standing next to another old corpse wearing a wreath - a pile of bricks is laid out on a nearby table, and the most ancient corpse of all, one wearing a tall hat, seems to be looking through a book of some sort.

"... ah, here it is... why do you believe that your current place is your actual place?" the corpse asks of the two, who seem to be looking at him incredulously, or at least without any form of conviction in their hollow, evaporated eyes. None of the people here seem to have noticed the Red Barnacle's approach, strangely.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2014, 07:03:46 pm »

Can i move out of the armor and do many things at once?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19