Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix  (Read 25195 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Death Rattle: Chapter 1E: A Christening
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2014, 08:16:39 pm »

"Yarr,This be a fine vessel, for it can float on air! Join my crew and we will pillage and plunder many o' fine drinks."

Make the ship float on air, recruit these sailors.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Death Rattle: Chapter 1
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2014, 11:42:23 am »

As the others have had their attention grabbed, Squirrel continues his spiel.

"Now, judging by the location of the sun, the worm is currently lying in wait to the west, east, and north.  If we head south, we just might be able to avoid it," he says, and it seems that the others are quite convinced of this, too - CLONE was heading in that direction previously, Thomas appears to be paying rapt attention to him, and even Starn Gundar, though initially considering moving east no matter its number of death worms, is quickly convinced that to do so would invite the death worm's wrath, and joins the party, who immediately all head south.

Chapter 1S - A Confirmation

For two days they walk, the searing sun staring right at them for much of the duration, trying and failing to prevent the brave survivalists' progress, as they, under the leadership of Squirrel, cannot be stopped in any way. Moved by his continues assertions that this is the only safe path, they eventually reach a particular place - a tower of brick with no roof, stretching up into the sky. It has no visible entrance, but the croaking sound of dry voices attempting to speak emanates from within. The outside wall has many holes in it from missing bricks, and each such hole appears to be emanating light.

Salty Pete knows what to do with a vessel such as this - it is airworthy, says he!

"Yarr, this be a fine vessel, for it can float on air! Join my crew and we will pillage and plunder many o' fine drinks," he says, and as if in response the ship begins to float upwards quickly, upwards and upwards without pause, quickly flying high up above the heads of the people present.

"So it can," one sailor croaks, "but christened it is not, and until we have done it, a voyage with it is doomed."

"A bottle is needed!" the second sailor intones, pushing the wind through the holes in his dry flesh.

"And a new name, else disaster will follow, as it has all the previous times," a third adds, twitching as it regards the still upwards-moving sloop.

Nunzillor

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2014, 12:38:45 pm »

((Not my intention to drag people along who absolutely don't want to go...  Apologies all around, and I'll be more conservative with that in the future.))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:41:08 pm by Nunzillor »

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2014, 06:41:32 pm »

Clone blast his way in ,ignoring anyone else
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

blazing glory

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2014, 08:04:10 pm »

Just go inside.

Nunzillor

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2014, 11:16:23 pm »

"Ah, a shelter.  When traveling under the hot sun like this, it's imperative to find a few moments to rest in the shade.  Heat stroke can creep up on the unsuspecting traveler," Squirrel lectured.  In truth, he wasn't sure walking corpses really required much rest at all, or could suffer from heat stroke.  But better safe than sorry.

Look for a few loose bricks in the structure that Squirrel can pull out to make an opening large enough to enter.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:21:27 pm by Nunzillor »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2014, 03:12:10 pm »

Go inside.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2014, 03:22:33 pm »

Y'arr, I'm sure there be a bottle of spirits lost below the sand. A very, very buoyant bottle of spirits.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2014, 05:12:59 pm »

Just as the gathered wanderers begin to consider the problem of the tower with no visible entrance, CLONE is instantly convinced that this is a problem he can solve with nary a thought devoted to the process, and so he lifts his cannon up from the ground with great difficulty, and then squeezes the trigger, the stream of green, post-molten goo flying into the brick wall and immediately melting it down. The creature moves the cannon in a roughly U-shaped arc, creating a doorway where once there was none, then putting the cannon down. Moving closer, he kicks the wall, and the severed part collapses inward, light pouring out of the freshly-made entrance - CLONE walks in, followed by Starn Gundar, Thomas and even Squirrel Grills.

Within they see a tall pedestal, upon which stands a completely naked, ancient corpse. It shows no signs of life - at the foot of the pedestal, however, seems to be yet another corpse, this one very much alive. It seems to be kneeling, its hands covering its head, evidently slightly put off by the massive amount of plasma fire directed in its general direction. It appears to be shivering with uncomprehending fear.

"... guard me from these things that I know not and see not, but which mean me harm always," it chants to itself feverishly.

Salty Pete knows that there is only one place where he could possibly find a bottle of spirits in this grim situation - far beneath the sands, obviously. Looking for it is obviously unnecessary, for everything is buried in the sand at some depth - the question is only bringing it up.

"Y'arr, I be declarin' the spirits of the sand airworthy!" he shouts at the ground, and a stirring occurs. The sands lift, and then twist, and finally part as some sort of metal box ascends out of it, floating weightlessly in front of Salty Pete - it hums slightly, and its surface is incredibly cold to the touch, he senses from a single touch.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:16:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2014, 05:18:10 pm »

((Sounds interesting. I like it, it would never get boring.))
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

blazing glory

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2014, 06:18:07 pm »

((I'm fine with it as long if I don't have to create new character sheets each time it changes.))

Leave and go east.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2014, 07:00:15 pm »

I am fine with what ever harry

Clone walk up to the figure than look around
Then he go into overwatch mode xcom style
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Nunzillor

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2014, 10:28:24 pm »

((Totally fine with that.))

Squirrel crouches near the figure.  He says, "We mean you no harm.  My name is Squirrel Grills.  We are weary I think.  Can we rest here for an hour or so?"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:30:12 pm by Nunzillor »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2014, 10:51:30 pm »

Thomas follows squirrel.

((Sounds cool.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2014, 01:55:53 pm »

Starn Gundar tires of his free will being subjected to the tyranny of Squirrel Grills, and thus, in an act of rebellion, he flees eastward, and for six days does he shamble as quickly as he can, moving forth at a speed he can describe best as a failed attempt at a brisk walk, until he meets a peculiar creature, a corpse like him, currently wearing a burlap robe, onto the back of which is strapped a powerful automatic shotgun. Behind his back he seems to be pulling a bright red wagon, inside of which a set of expensive-looking engraved silver helmets rests. A similar helmet seems to be on the head of the being. Its voice, empty and crackling as the rest of the voices of the dead, escapes the dried remnants of its lips.

"Hail, traveler. Would you like to buy a helmet of princes? An exchange of things, priceless objects for ones you have?"

Back at the strange temple, CLONE moves bravely onward, looking around - the tower is bare aside from the creature in its center, the tall pedestal and the shelves lining the sides of the room, each holding rows upon rows of sealed bottles of many shapes and sizes, some empty, some containing miniscule amounts of liquid in them. There is also the occasional skull located on the shelf, and a few odd piles of dust, though CLONE knows not why they seem slightly significant.

Meanwhile, Squirrel Grills, aided by Thomas, approach the supplicant in front of them, with Squirrel attempting communication.

"We mean you no harm. My name is Squirrel Grills.  We are weary I think. Can we rest here for an hour or so?" he asks, despite being dead and thus incapable of weariness. But the creature seems to be set off, for from underneath its body it retrieves a hand cannon, pointing it at the face of the brave survivalist most unsafely.

"Do you possess the Holy Book of Questions?" he asks, his gun primed for firing.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19