Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: .34 Modding in Dark Souls boss Gravelord Nito, need help still  (Read 1407 times)

Mr. Unobvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of orphan tears
    • View Profile

I was wondering how I would go about making an AOE type material emission, as Nito does an AOE toxic attack. Any tips would be very appreciated. I'm assuming it would be a gas emission of some sort like the randomly generated forgotten beasts use, however I don't know how to go about making it area of effect. Problem solved, thanks TheDorf!, now my current dilemma is making a functioning body made out of multiple skeletons, Nito has no organs or skin or anything, but has a layer of skeletons over his own giant one, I've made body plans before but none like this, would it be as simple as just adding in ribcages? Or something more complex? Oh and I'll post the raws when i'm done so that all of you can experience this variety of FUN when you get enough dwarves.  :D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 04:04:34 pm by Mr. Unobvious »
Urist McEntombed says: At least it does not rain down here.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adding

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Breathe gas]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:INORGANIC_EXAMPLE:UNDIRECTED_GAS]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:2]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:100]

to the creature should do it. Just create an INORGANIC somewhere with the syndromes you want. The INORGANIC should be in a file for inorganics, such as inorganic_metal.txt.

Adding the following to inorganic_metal should make the raws above work.

Code: (example inorganic) [Select]
[INORGANIC:INORGANIC_EXAMPLE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:metal]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:molten metal]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling metal]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:GRAY]
[MELTING_POINT:9870]
[BOILING_POINT:10000]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:poison]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:BALROG:ALL]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:50000:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:START:0:PEAK:10:END:10000]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:44:24 pm by TheDorf »
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Mr. Unobvious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you very much

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you very much

I modified the post quite a few times. Make sure you didn't grab them too early. It was minor things, such as changing it from a TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW to an UNDIRECTED_VAPOR, along with modifying the range of the attack.

Glad I could be of assistance :)
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Mr. Unobvious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now the problem I have is making a body type that makes sense with how gravelord nito actually looks.  :-\ I mean, how do you make a living bone pile?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Now the problem I have is making a body type that makes sense with how gravelord nito actually looks.  :-\ I mean, how do you make a living bone pile?
Give him a humanoid body made of a custom "bone" material. There you go. I'm actually making a dark souls creature pack myself, but no idea on how long that'll take.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mr. Unobvious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Give him a humanoid body made of a custom "bone" material. There you go. I'm actually making a dark souls creature pack myself, but no idea on how long that'll take.
Yeah I've been doing that, so far it's working very well, as long as you don't play as Nito then its pretty hard to see the abnormalities, but he's far from done. I still have to figure out how to get the damn animate interaction to work.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I've been doing that, so far it's working very well, as long as you don't play as Nito then its pretty hard to see the abnormalities, but he's far from done. I still have to figure out how to get the damn animate interaction to work.

Oh right, I'll probably need an interaction for raising dead sooner or later, so I went ahead and made one based off of the EXAMPLE_RAISE.

Code: (interaction_lotr.txt) [Select]
interaction_lotr

[OBJECT:INTERACTION]
[INTERACTION:RAISE_DEAD]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
(IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION)
(IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING)
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
[I_EFFECT:ANIMATE]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Animated corpse]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:165:3:0:0:FREQUENCY:2000:1000:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:150:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:60:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NOTHOUGHT:NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:START:0]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:HAS_BLOOD:TRANCES:LIKES_FIGHTING:MISCHIEVOUS:START:0]
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:RAISE_DEAD]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Animate corpse]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:10]
[MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:VERB:gesture:gestures:NA]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:shudder and begin to move:shudders and begins to move]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:21600]

I generally put the latter under the creature's attacks, so I know where to find it. The reason for having three of the CDIs is because it will allow him to raise three corpses (like the dark souls wiki says he can) without having to raise them all at once, which should prove useful for NPCs. If the creature is mainly going to be used by a player, you can remove two of the CDIs and change the [MAX_TARGET_NUMER:A:1] to 3. The WAIT_PERIOD should allow him to cast the spell four times a day in adventure mode, or 18.6 times a year in dwarf mode.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:39:01 am by TheDorf »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: .34 Modding in Dark Souls boss Gravelord Nito, need help still
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 10:02:51 am »

There are the example interactions in the raw folder that you can see to know how they work, among those is an animate dead one. You can also download mods and look at how they work. Interactions haven't changed much between versions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 10:35:46 am »

"interaction_lotr"?  :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 10:13:31 pm »

"interaction_lotr"?  :)

Aye, I'm working on my own lotr mod. I'm a huge fan. Got stuck when working on my dragon scales and got really frustrated though, so I started working on a modding tool. :p I'll get back to modding in a bit, and hopefully find out what I did wrong.

You wouldn't happen to know how to make scales that work similarly to ribs? As in, make them cover bodyparts to a certain degree, and allowing them to be individually damaged etc.? Posted raws in the creature modding thread if you've got time. :)

[/threadhijack]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 01:14:48 am »

Sorry for threadjacking guys! I never tried to make scales like that, but it should be possible to make em as a shell with numbered bodyparts and wrap it around body using body detail plans.

I will update my lotr mod to the new version as well, but why didn't you share yours? At least I did not see it. Mine is called "One Mod to Rule Them All", I can't link with This phone though :). I guess we better move the discussion to PMs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 04:55:39 am »

my current dilemma is making a functioning body made out of multiple skeletons, Nito has no organs or skin or anything, but has a layer of skeletons over his own giant one, I've made body plans before but none like this, would it be as simple as just adding in ribcages? Or something more complex?

Maybe instead of ribcages you could make a new bodypart called "skeleton", or even a "skeletons" tissue layer over the upper body.