Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: feeling like a noob  (Read 1035 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
feeling like a noob
« on: July 12, 2014, 12:11:36 am »

Ok, I have an adventurer in a northern climate, I'm in a village with a well and want to refill my skins, I've gotten the well to pull up 10 ice...but I can't remember how the hell to get the ice from the bucket/melt the ice in the bucket to fill my skins

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: feeling like a noob
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 12:15:49 am »

Start a campfire, interact with your inventory (not the same as checking, I don't recall the button now, I think it's the same as filling your waterskin), pick the ice and heat it using the campfire. It'll turn into water - but, I'm fairly certain it'll freeze again, so drink it after melting it.
Take a closer look at this text!

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 12:19:11 am »

Start a campfire, interact with your inventory (not the same as checking, I don't recall the button now, I think it's the same as filling your waterskin), pick the ice and heat it using the campfire. It'll turn into water - but, I'm fairly certain it'll freeze again, so drink it after melting it.

I'm stuck trying to get the ice from the bucket it's atm, since it's attached to the well

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 12:20:03 am »

Oh, getting it out of the well. Huh. I dunno, I haven't played adventure mode seriously in a while and can't get on my computer at the moment.

Someone else wanna grab this question?

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 12:22:04 am »

Oh, getting it out of the well. Huh. I dunno, I haven't played adventure mode seriously in a while and can't get on my computer at the moment.

Someone else wanna grab this question?

:) thank you though for the quick response

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 12:24:14 am »

Find a river in a less eternally frozen place and "I"nteract with your backpack when you're adjacent to the river water.
This will promptly fill it up with quite a bunch of water. (A bag works just fine, too.)

To turn ice in your inventory into water you have to make a campfire (or four) and hammer "." for a while.
Although you can probably turn the ice in the bucket into water if you surround the well with campfires, but why would you bother doing that.

oh_no

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 12:24:38 am »

U I think? That or I.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 12:25:36 am »

I accidentally used the italics tag, oops.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:39:56 am by Bloax »

oh_no

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 12:27:03 am »

Find a river in a less eternally frozen place and "I"nteract with your backpack when you're adjacent to the river water.
This will promptly fill it up with quite a bunch of water. (A bag works just fine, too.)

To turn ice in your inventory into water you have to make a campfire (or four) and hammer "." for a while.
Although you can probably turn the ice in the bucket into water if you surround the well with campfires, but why would you bother doing that.
:) The second was already suggested, but the problem was removing the ice from the bucket - actually, you can heat the ice by interacting with it in your inventory and then using it on a campfire, which melts it right away, so you don't need to mash the "." key.

But, yes, try to find a river if possible. Seems that drinking blood off of your body is bugged now - or intentionally not effective.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 12:29:51 am »

It's u to lower, u to raise, I waterskin fill from X, then G to make a campfire and I to warm at campfire whilst adjacent to it.

If you're waterskinless I'm pretty sure it'll work with a backpack if there's room.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 12:40:59 am »

An empty bag can contain 100 water, so I would suggest finding one.
(To reduce the weight just train throwing a bit by throwing excess water out of the bag.)

oh_no

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 01:49:18 am »

In a sufficiently frozen climate, you can't fill your bags from a river.

Azrayel's right - just 'I'nteract with your bag (or other container) while standing at the well, it should allow you to fill the bag with ice from the bcket.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 03:11:23 am »

You can fill your waterskin with snow and melt that if you want.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 09:29:45 am »

nods, next time I'll try filling a bag with ice, my backpack was full though cause I spawned on top of 1 of a series of pyramid and tower tombs.  Ended up hoofing it along a river till about midday and found a section that wasn't frozen