Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So that's how babies are !XXbornXX!  (Read 1071 times)

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So that's how babies are !XXbornXX!
« on: July 11, 2014, 11:19:05 am »

Forged from mighty steel, yet unreliable as an adamant hammer. Glad the 9/10 unusually small births bug was fixed tho
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: So that's how babies are !XXbornXX!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:29:13 pm »

The bug actually just prevented creatures from growing at all if their birth moments were not divisible by ten. (Because the game checked and updated size only every ten ticks.)

Yeah... it was really weird.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:40:39 pm »

when i saw the topic title with the XX damage markers I figured it would be something like this. XX doesnt mean tough it means extreme damage.

I had it when my mayor was carrying a baby and stepped in magma. She was set on fire and the baby died. Somehow, she survived with only red wounds to the feet and when I checked the thoughts, it was there.

That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."

Still one of my favorite bay12 quotes. Also "maybe we should experiment".
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 12:42:37 pm »

^ This.  I was wondering if a pregnant dwarf fell out of a tree and gave birth or something.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 12:53:22 pm »

^ This.  I was wondering if a pregnant dwarf fell out of a tree and gave birth or something.

This is a masterful Elf Flesh Elven Baby All craftdwarfmanship is of the highest quality. The item is decorated with hanging rings of blood and mences with spikes of Rib and Spine. On the item is a picture of Flowers Brokenbone the elven baby and Dwarves. Flowers Brokenbone is screaming. The Dwarves are laughing. The artwork refers to the death of the Elven Baby Flowers Brokenbone after colliding with an obstacle in the Forest of Breaking in the summer of 25.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 01:07:04 pm »

when i saw the topic title with the XX damage markers I figured it would be something like this. XX doesnt mean tough it means extreme damage.

I had it when my mayor was carrying a baby and stepped in magma. She was set on fire and the baby died. Somehow, she survived with only red wounds to the feet and when I checked the thoughts, it was there.

That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."

Still one of my favorite bay12 quotes. Also "maybe we should experiment".
Yee my bad for using wrong symbols to draw attention, -fine- babe I have here though
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~