Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Never should tempt my luck  (Read 3240 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Never should tempt my luck
« on: July 11, 2014, 08:38:10 am »

So I figured out that since new version is out, I could play the game without worrying about crashes, so I never saved this game until it just now crashed :P So I just lost 8 hours of game...

Errorlog says something about army commands and army camping forever but I dunno if that is just something random. Anyway, yeah, game is now much more stable than .01 version, but crashes can still happen so yeah :( Should have saved more often...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:42:06 am by MaskedMiner »

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Never should tempt my luck
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:55:03 am »

I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:52:47 am »

But I don't know what caused the crash!

Errorlog says "camp order missing parent -- army will camp forever" over and over, but I'm not sure if that is unrelated thing or not

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:15:57 am »

Yeah, never get too attached to your game during these initial release periods.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:27:02 am »

Never consider the game stable enough to not use autosave until Toady has moved to "Old Bugs Fix" -phase...  ;)

...Unless the autosave is the one causing the crash, like in 0.40.01!  ;D
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 02:17:02 pm »

So besides that fateful fortress mode crash, I managed to found a crash in adventure mode that is constant...

So I found some elves in a dark (elven :P) pit and game crashes each time I ask about trade partners. I know this because this time I had saved. Yay!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 02:25:35 pm »

woo! report what you know and what you can, thats all you can do ;_)
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 03:10:22 pm »

Aaand now I found third crash

I killed elf master and elf administrator of goblin civilization and game crashes after few steps after that <_< I guess game crashes because it tries to fill those positions or something?

JayThePro

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERSONALITY:SELF_CONTROL:0:2:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 03:17:22 pm »

Well I don't think it necessarily is trying to fill those positions as much as it is trying to gain the reaction of other creatures. But hey, I have no clue.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 03:36:43 pm »

I'm crashing so bad I"m just gonna wait for some patches before I do anything. 

I was planning to seize ultimate power.  First find a vampire, wound him, and drink his blood. Then once I'm a vampire I go to the nearby necromancer tower and learn from them the secrets of life and death.

Through painstaking research I pinpointed the location of Cradleflooded, a vault as old as the world.  With immortality, superhuman strength, and an army of the dead at my command, I'll storm the vault, claim the dread armaments within, and the world will be mine.

Except I can't get to the vault without crashing and now my game is corrupted to the point it won't even load.  Oh well :C
Shoes...

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 03:41:35 pm »

Except I can't get to the vault without crashing and now my game is corrupted to the point it won't even load.  Oh well :C
The gods do not share power lightly.  You simply failed to overcome the obstacles they placed before you.  Losing is fun.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 03:58:35 pm »

The gods do not share power lightly.  You simply failed to overcome the obstacles they placed before you.  Losing is fun.

But corruptions aren't  ::)
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 04:27:32 pm »

Hmm, seems like adventure game crashes are more common

For some reason this game is starting to crash more I continue playing <_< Didn't have same problem in fortress mode

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 04:29:04 pm »

Probably stuff stacking up, especially if you save your game.  I saved twice on my guy and by the second one the game was basically unplayable.  After retiring him the game completely broke.  Bugs and leaks and weirdness getting saved to the data and mangling shit even worse when it gets combined with new bugs and leaks and weirdness.
Shoes...

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 06:19:32 pm »

Hmm, seems like adventure game crashes are more common

For some reason this game is starting to crash more I continue playing <_< Didn't have same problem in fortress mode

Yes, when the change log for DF2014 said that worlds are activated and alive, I think it meant "Undead", as they seem to slowly decay until they just crash every other second.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.
Pages: [1] 2