Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43549 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #330 on: August 01, 2014, 04:22:01 pm »

Soooooooooooooooooooooo tomorrow when I'm on (not sure about time) if there are at least 2 other people on, I'll prob be doing multiple dungeons just because I'm bored of hunting things alone, so if anyone wants to come along, I'll take you through any dungeon up to level 50, maybe higher. I have tons of keys for the riktus dungeon.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 01, 2014, 04:27:58 pm »

Thanks, Seriyu!
Hopefully I can jump on when you're on. My friends seemed to have stopped playing Wakfu so I've been rolling solo for the past couple of days.
I wish this game was more solo-friendly...

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 01, 2014, 04:50:44 pm »

To be fair, its kind of the whole point of MMO's to not be solo =P Although I personally believe they should throw in content specifically aimed at solo players, or even restricted to solo players, just so you have stuff to do in downtime if no one else is on and you can't/don't want to try and scare up a random group of strangers.

It's a good time to get your craft on at least.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 01, 2014, 05:08:56 pm »

Yeah, but it's always nice when MMOs has things a solo person can do. Like here we have Grandmeow's House.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 01, 2014, 05:13:40 pm »

To be fair, its kind of the whole point of MMO's to not be solo =P
And yet people solo anyway, because solo.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 01, 2014, 05:17:14 pm »

Some classes are better suited at soloing then others, and at different levels. Osas are probably one of the more solo friendly classes. Fecas become seem to become great soloers at higher levels by stacking armor and damaging glyphs. Other classes only show their true (and devastating) potential with allies tho, like how sacriers can become far tankier just by having allies in a fight while also having great spells aimed at protecting allies, enis are incredibly useful in groups in general, enus help greatly with getting good drops and doing some devastating AoE with their fire spells, pandas can carry and throw people around, etc.

Also, i'm seriously considering making an enu alt (while also keeping leveling my osa, albeit at a slower pace), and if we had multiple enutrofs in a fight, the potential for rare drops seem to increase immensely when you consider the fact they can all buff their own prospecting and help with dropping and getting bags (even though each enemy can only drop one bag). Groups of osas also seem incredibly powerful too, considering that, with the right equipment, each osamodas can put out 2 summons of equal level of them.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 01, 2014, 07:05:06 pm »

Well, huh. Apparently Bonta has declared war on Amaknar. And then there was a loud trumpet noise and something about the place where Maldahak and I fought chaos pirates. And as soon as I post that they're allied again. What the crap wakfu.

Ecaflip is interestingish so far.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #337 on: August 01, 2014, 07:38:49 pm »

Really to be effective solo you need damage mitigation more then anything, as you realistically are going to have a hard time taking out more then one of anything that's anywhere near your level.

I'd say Sram but since they can't pump perception anymore via stat ups invisibility is difficult to maintain for more then a turn or two at close range.

Fecas are sort've in an odd place, as their damage is terrible but their damage mitigation is great. Sacriers are in a simlar situation except they can push it up if they need to.

Really summon osa is the definitive solo class, yeah.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:18:30 am by Seriyu »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 01, 2014, 08:12:14 pm »

Cra's are good too if you have the chops to maintain enough field control to keep them away from you indefinitely.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 01, 2014, 08:38:22 pm »

That's my main problem with Cra. I can't seem to keep field control well. Once I run out of WP, I get my face wrecked if I'm solo.

EDIT: On another note, anyone a good enough leatherdealer to make a Pandawan Belt? I needs level 45 leatherdealing and I'm working on getting the materials for it. I can never find that belt on the market, either.

EDIT2: I can see why it's not on the market...
Here's the ingredient list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, nevermind that request.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:18:05 pm by Jack_Bread »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 01, 2014, 11:12:32 pm »

Only really bad part is the underwear. Underwear is rare. I'd charge a premium though because thats probably a good five hours of ingredient collection.

The underwear is the real killer though.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 01, 2014, 11:31:56 pm »

I was planning on gathering all the ingredients myself, but... naaaw.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 02, 2014, 10:27:54 am »

I'd say Sram but since they can't pump perception anymore via stat ups invisibility is difficult to maintain for more then a turn or two at close range.

That combined with the fact pretty much all of sram's spells are close range... Puts them in a very odd place in which their class gimmick simply doesnt work well. They really need some serious adjustments because right now they are too vulnerable to be using their potentialy huge single target damage.

Also right now some classes rely on some very slow mechanics which put them at a disvantage, such as rogue's bombs, which seem to simply take too long to activate and can hit allies as well to be of any serious use, it seems to me.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 02, 2014, 02:27:15 pm »

Speaking of Srams I just made one on the Nox server, Syiana.
It's pretty cool, and I think I understand the invisible thing. I'm just saving up points to get another MP because its REALLY useful and helps get backstabs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 02, 2014, 02:53:12 pm »

Also right now some classes rely on some very slow mechanics which put them at a disvantage, such as rogue's bombs, which seem to simply take too long to activate and can hit allies as well to be of any serious use, it seems to me.
Bombs definitely need to be helped along to be of much use, which can kinda' make 'em... not very optimal, since you need allies wailing on the bomb instead of the enemy. Still, couple frogbots (or anything else with a low cost ranged attack, really) hitting it with their 1 AP/MP attacks and it blows up within a turn or two.

Robotoads are actually kinda' in the same position... being able to use their lazy chair of doom takes at least one turn setup, and probably more just to get it in position to start shooting. S'kinda' clumsy, honestly. Easy way to fix it would be to just add a WP cost to the chair button and have it deploy a rail underneath it instead of needing one there to begin with, methinks. Rogues could probably stand to get some kind of low-cost, non-enemy damaging, multi-hit ability to use to hurry along bombs, too. Or just a detonation button. Stuff like that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28