Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43586 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #225 on: July 19, 2014, 03:30:27 pm »

So I gave the celestial piwi dungeon a try...wow, that is hard since all the terrain tiles summon more enemies when one enemy steps on one. While the enemy didn't intentionally abuse it by using the 6 movement to run along the edges, they did run over the center ones quite often since they have hit and run tactics. Almost all of the enemies have 120 health, hit for 20 x2 damage each round, the summons have 80 health and hit for 13 x2 each round, not to mention, their attacks reduces movement down to 30%. Needless to say it looks to be a challenge even for a full group.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2014, 03:36:38 pm »

Eh, fairly sure the guildcritters could take it. Know m'frogbot's doing a good 80+ damage per round on the low end, and I do believe there were several other folks roughly matching that damage output. Mind you, I think like half of us have toons that are notably overleveled compared to the celestial piwi dungeon at this point, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2014, 04:02:05 pm »

hm...maybe I'm wrong then and my damage is low, I do look forward to the update so that I can summon multiple critters finally. Without 1 piece of equipment with +control I'm limited to only 1 summon.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2014, 04:21:30 pm »

Seriyu mind bolding all the players who can invite so I can try and PM all of them for higher chances of getting an invite?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2014, 04:38:11 pm »

Unfortunately I'm the only one that can currently, which is why this is taking so long!

However I will log on RIGHT NOW to getcha in, so stay on!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2014, 10:09:33 pm »

double posting to say:

The guild desk in the same area you can find all the guild stuff (including the vault and chest, you'd better learn where it is now!), you can get a basic guild outfit for free. Notably it doesn't look like you're wearing a rotting animal carcass, if you're not into that sort've thing.

More styles are unlocked as we move up in ranks, and we're coming up on the first alt style. This is also where you'll be finding the guild pet and all sorts of other neat stuff, so again, take note!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2014, 11:31:29 pm »

Certainly interested in seeing the alt styles, hah. While there is a certain panache to wearing a kite shield as a hat, it is a very certain panache. Normally reserved for people that have lost headbutting contests with a wall.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2014, 12:34:58 am »

I'll be back mondayish, if you guys are doing nifty things in the meantime (and probably more behind you people in levels, blargh).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2014, 01:19:11 am »

So you know when I said I'd tried out all the classes? Well... uuhhhh. I kinda sorta forgot Sacrier and Masqueraider.

And I actually quite like air Sacrier. I do also like the Panda, but it takes SO LONG to get started that I haven't contributed to a single fight in any meaningful way. Panda does have more flavour though. Milk flavour.

So now I actually have a difficult choice to make. Urk.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 01:24:10 am by Kaitol »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #234 on: July 20, 2014, 01:57:24 am »

So you know when I said I'd tried out all the classes? Well... uuhhhh. I kinda sorta forgot Sacrier and Masqueraider.

And I actually quite like air Sacrier. I do also like the Panda, but it takes SO LONG to get started that I haven't contributed to a single fight in any meaningful way. Panda does have more flavour though. Milk flavour.

So now I actually have a difficult choice to make. Urk.

Let it be known I'm appy to invite a couple of characters. Most people have two, so I'm gonna go ahead and call that the cap until things settle down. So if you want another invite, do let me know!

annnd let it be known I can now make gobball/tofu/zora capes and helms now.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2014, 06:17:07 pm »

So I decided to take on Shin Larva after running out of woolly keys and suddenly weirdness? After I rushed Shin and killed it, the cocoons started spawning friendly larvae that swarmed the remaining enemies. I ran the dungeon again and couldn't reproduce it, and the internet has no information, so now I have no idea what's going on. Has anyone else seen this and/or know why it happened?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2014, 06:38:06 pm »

Absolutely no clue :P

I guess maybe if you kill shin with a rebirth mark thing going...?

Also, if you need woolly keys I've got, like, spares. Twenty something of the ruddy things. Gob wool turns into keys turns into gob wool turns into more keys turns into more gob wool. You get the idea.
Ask not!
Ask!

SpiredWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 21, 2014, 12:04:35 am »

I played Wakfu a while back. I loved the Xelex and the Ecaflip, and I always wanted to try the other classes out. Shame to hear about the route it went for pricing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 21, 2014, 12:38:37 am »

I'unno, m'forty-some levels in and I still have no idea what the pay part of the F2P is, beyond sidekicks. And of those, you get one decently solid one for free, and a rotating one on free trial for the extra prospecting/meatshield. Pretty painless, so far.

So they seem to be doing pretty good on the F2P transition, from a free player's perspective.
Ask not!
Ask!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #239 on: July 21, 2014, 01:10:52 am »

I think it's mostly political things, but you can still fight in the wars, which is what most people want.

Honestly yeah, I kinda hope they're not charging too little, I hope this doesn't make it crash and burn.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28