Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43580 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2014, 03:01:07 pm »

Figured I'd post my basic first impressions of Pandawa's, since their blurb is somewhat lacking in the op.

Pandawa, the Totally Not Drinking Alcohol Panda "Milken" Boxers

Firstly, there are two basic types of pandawa, Earth/Fire and Water/Fire. There is basically no reason to even try to single element a Pandawa other than pure stubbornness, because fire feeds off and activates off dizzy enemies, and both Water and Earth trees inflict dizzy, which fire does not. So, the essential differences between Earth and Water can be summed up by two points.

1. Water is Ranged, Earth is Melee. Although as a caveat, all water spells I believe can be used point blank, and there is one Earth spell with a range of two, and also has a modifiable range (why would you ever do that though seriously spend the points elsewhere).

2. Water focus' on leaving their Barrel on the field and using it to draw enemies to it and make their spells AOE's, whereas Earth focuses on carrying their Barrel with them and using the buff Merry from drinking your booze-err "Milk" to boost their melee damage and add special effects to their spells, as well as heal themselves.

Both schools have passives and support spells catered to them as well as general ones for both, and it's fairly simple to tell them apart. If it says Merry anywhere(aside from the Barrel spell itself and Bamboozle which buffs allies with Merry), it's earth, if it has to do with your barrel being on the field, it's water.

In summary, Water is Ranged AOE damage, Earth is Melee single(mostly) damage. Both inflict dizzy which reduces all of an enemies resistances, boosting everyone's damage against them. Both schools can use the Fire tree to trade any Dizzy effects for Burst AOE DPS at medium-short range. Earth tree is slightly tanky with a Lock passive, resistance boost, and regenerates when drunk- err "Merry" (gotta keep this PG gents). Earth also has pretty good field movement, and both trees have a little control

Remember, it's Milk. MILK. M-I-L-K. Totally not alcohol. It's entirely a coincidence that enemies doused in it explode when exposed to fire. Milk totally does that.

Edit: Oh, also Earth/Water probably don't mix well, relying on your one of a kind barrel to be in two completely different places. So yeah. While nothings stopping you from using both of them, they really don't synergize well.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:08:18 pm by Kaitol »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2014, 03:55:54 pm »

Been trying out the Masqueraider. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, but the end result seems to be dropkicking Piwis into eachother.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2014, 03:57:25 pm »

Man, its really disappointing how they nerfed invisibility and Sram Air in general into near uselessness.

It's friggin terrible now.

Yeah, Sram is horrific right now. Really needs a buff. It's still barely acceptable in PvP thanks to invisibility, but even there it's not great.

I'm going to need a reinvite to the guild. I deleted my sacrier because I didn't really like them. Not my style. I'm on my Cra, Janet-Toaster, if anyone who can invite is on.

EDIT: War seems to have ended. Brakmar is now allies with Sufokia and Amakna.

I have been checking for ya when I get on, I think the issue is I just get on later then you by a decent margin. I'll keep checkin until I can find someone willing to help me scan for folks! That'll help quite a bit.

Been trying out the Masqueraider. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, but the end result seems to be dropkicking Piwis into eachother.

You are doing it right. (Fire is AoE, Air is battlefield manipulation, water is support-ish, but notably fugue is really AP efficient for the damage)

---

Also expect an Iop rundown later, I've been playing mine a bit lately and I've forgotten how much I love them. Also Pandawa bit added!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2014, 04:09:06 pm »

You are doing it right. (Fire is AoE, Air is battlefield manipulation, water is support-ish, but notably fugue is really AP efficient for the damage)

I'm thinking of going Air/Fire. Just punch enemies into walls and use AoE fire when I get surrounded.

Could you invite me to the guild, if you're on right now? The name of my Masqueraider is Green Joke.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2014, 04:25:38 pm »

I am getting on as we speak, I'll getcha in!

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2014, 04:39:28 pm »

I'm feeling like I should change class, since it's just too frustrating to be 4 levels above an enemy and nearly die every time I fight. Anyone want to throw a random class out?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2014, 04:42:24 pm »

Srams were awesome in the Beta. Now they've kinda taken an arrow to the knee. Uhhh. Rogue is kind of like a less nerfed Sram that isn't as specialized in melee.

I... I can't decide which character to main. I have four I like right now and I've only tried like half the classes....

My New Character obsession has struck once again.

Maybe I'll just choose from the classes no one else uses that I like the most .
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:48:12 pm by Kaitol »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2014, 04:44:18 pm »

This game is killing me with Alt-itis as well. I'm on right now, by the way, for a guild invite.

EDIT: I've been invite, now. Woo!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:01:18 pm by Jack_Bread »

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2014, 05:05:46 pm »

I've decided to go Rouge as Kaitol suggested. Thanks mate.

Anyway, I guess I'll wait for an invite while I get used to the new abilities.

EDIT: Due to in game discussion I'm officially being a craft monkey for the guild. Currently I suck at everything, but soon I should be able to provide something for everyone.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 06:55:48 pm by bulborbish »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2014, 07:47:22 pm »

It's time to talk about IOPS. IOPS are BIG MEN. IOPS do a LOT OF DAMAGE. IOPS DON'T HAVE ANY EYE PUPILS.

Really though, Iops. They have access to earth, fire, and wind elements. They all do damage in some particular way.

Fire Iops have a focus on explosion procs, Earth Iops have stun procs, and Air Iops have you gonna die. By that I mean, their AP/MP/WP to damage efficiency is through the roof and if you get into melee range with an air Iop they really only need one turn to kill you from full health.

Fire Iops in general do lesser damage over a wide area. Notable skills are... well, Fire is kind've an inclusive tree. If you must have a fire skill, just pick an explosion proc you like and use that.

Air Iops have absolutely no range and do amazing damage to single targets. Let's put it this way. Three 2 AP Jabs. Two 1 MP Gutting gusts, Probably 2 1 WP Uppercuts. Looking at them at the cap level currently (155),  that is... somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 base damage, assuming no crits, in a single turn.

That is a lot of damage. Their grand weakness is that they literally have no ranged attacks. All 1 range. No mobility in them. They're banking entirely on jump for catching up with anyone with more MP then them.

Notable skills are, particularly for earth Iops, Jabs/flurry/gutting gust/uppercut if you have no other use for WP.

Earth Iops do pretty respectable single target damage, on top of stunning and removing MP. Probably the most support oriented tree, whichi s to say, not much. Jabs at the very least is almost required for them, as most of their skills use a minimum of 4 AP. Notable skills, charge, maybe for air Iops, for mobility. Rocknosceros is also Iops only non linear ranged skill I think.

Stats. Easy. Crit, AP, MP, rest into your relevant elemental stat. Any spares after that, health.

Skills.
Jump is great except maybe for earths, max worthy in any case.
Defensive stance is okay, max it if you wanna go for a sort've battle tank role.
Flatten, absolutely terrible, pass.
Bravery standard... not terrible. Get it if it tickles your fancy.
Increase, pretty good. Worth maxing.

Compulsion. Max.
Vitality, maybe max if you're going for the battle tank motif. Maybe even if not.
Authority, pretty good! 40% chance to get a free buff when you melee a dude. Not bad at all. Worthy.
Show off, generally pretty good, depends on your team, obviously.
Locking Pro, ehhhh. Maybe for battle tanks? Even then, kinda iffy.

That's Iops. Hit it very hard.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2014, 08:05:18 pm »

It is worth noting that flatten has more range than jump. By a lot. Also stunning those annoying goddamn cra that refuse to stay near you from 6 squares away has its merits. Also, it doesn't use Wakfu like jump. You can only jump 6 times a fight, and that uses up WP that could be used for MURDERIZING. Flatten as much as you want.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2014, 08:15:45 pm »

The real issue is it has a decent chance to stun you. If they removed that I might change my tune, but it's low enough that you might get stunned but the other guy might not, in which case you're letting him and everyone near you bash on you for a turn with no reprecussion.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2014, 09:30:51 pm »

The real issue is it has a decent chance to stun you. If they removed that I might change my tune, but it's low enough that you might get stunned but the other guy might not, in which case you're letting him and everyone near you bash on you for a turn with no reprecussion.
But you are IOP. IOP is BIG MAN. IOP can TAKE HIT. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2014, 01:07:24 am »

Revised based on new information about AP sap and fire damage.
Spoiler:  How to Xelor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:38:12 am by Keuran »

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2014, 04:34:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've been playing a water Xelor, so associated thoughts:
+ You can use the dial to cover a lot of ground, and it's very good for smacking enemies from behind/doing mean things with line of site/cover.
+ Water Xelor doesn't really seem to need ap - apart from Frostbite your ap removal abilities only ap remove every second turn (tick/tock mechanic is a pita); and the other two fit into 3 ap (the 1 ap attack can only be used once per target).
--> +ap along with Timekeeper might work out well, but it's probably better to wait until you've maxxed timekeeper first so you can store an ap for an ap, instead of paying 2 or 3. They do use different points but there's other nice things (master of time ^^) for water Xelors to spend speciality points on.
+ AP removal is very chancy, even with tons of points in master of time T_T
+ Dial counts towards your control limit, so you can't have three Sinistros unless you decide to go without the dial or have another source of +control.
+ Sinistros often perform kind of lacklustre due to range issues and seemingly random targeting.

I've kind of given up on my Xelor at level 32 because using the dial and carefully fiddling with things just so I can do mediocre damage (water damage isn't very good) and occasionally stop enemies from doing a full set of attacks (most have a spare ap or two and my luck is trash so I rarely manage) is too boring for me x-x. It does look like a group of water Xelor would be terrifying to face, though; you'd be able to mess with players (who tend to use all their ap I expect) a lot.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28