Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43543 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2014, 12:09:32 am »

From what I can tell, Reach basically makes it so you can only use your own riddled for destructive arrow. So a whole bunch of Cra can't riddle one target, then have one guy destruc arrow and blow it up. Basically what the guys above me said. Just thought I'd clarify a little.

Also, you get one free restat at level 10ish and after level thirty you can do a quest once a month to reset.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2014, 12:12:56 am »

I thiiink you also get another free restat at 30. I may be mistaking that with the one you get after you join a nation.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2014, 12:16:02 am »

Giving it a shot -- sorta' tried back in the pre-sub beta, but it didn't work at all (couldn't even connect, nevermind play) on this computer, and, well...

... first trying with the robot critters. Currently killing chaos plants, or something. Desperately wishing I could click on the larger map to move places. Also wishing I had some idea how the hell my little bot things worked. They mostly seem to pop up and immediately die or... something. And they have levels I have no idea how to improve *shrugs*

At least the gloriously purple death beam thing is doing alright, even if I have no idea how to get my stasis percent damage thing to go higher. Should read the book again, but the last time I did I didn't notice anything useful. Much opaqueness, very confuse. I guess shoving all my stat points into initiative and health is a good idea? I'unno.

E: Oh, right. Frog-thing named Solippu, on Nox. Currently no nation. Not on right now, etc. Probably tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:22:53 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2014, 12:26:23 am »

I'm unsure on foggernauts specifically, but Stasis you get by removing resources from the world. So for instance, with wheat, you can take grain, which doesn't raise stasis because the grain will regrow, but you can harvest the straw, which destroys the plant and gives you straw. This is most common with plants. You lose stasis when you plant plants.

Skills just raise with use, repeated uses will not raise a skill more. Using a skill during a battle tags it to recieve exp at the end of that battle, basically.

As for stats on foggernauts... People seem to think an AP point and movement point, then pumping critical hits is the way to go, for stasis. If you're gonna use stasis primarily, that's probably the way to do it.

Initiative isn't a bad idea at all, unsure about HP, if you have to get in close it might be worth it, but characters just sort've naturally get a lot of HP. I kind've can't tell how much initiative any given class needs for PvP, so just play it by ear I guess. If you're interested mostly in PvE, then you shouldn't have to worry about it too much, from what I've seen.

Again, sort've what I just gathered off hand, take it with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:28:27 am by Seriyu »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2014, 12:52:42 am »

Hrm. I'll look into the stasis thing more t'morrow, I guess. From the text, it seemed like it had something to do with elemental balance (presumably between fire and earth, since frogbots don't seem to have water or air spells), but... eh. Re: Stats, what do you put your points in if the elemental stats are kinda' iffy and HP/initiative is all that's left, anyway? Or am I missing the ability to sink points into AP and whatnot?

Incidentally, d'you happen to know any other classes that have access to magnificently purple abilities? Given that the game is apparently willing to indulge my gratuitous love the color, s'probably a good idea to see what else they have to offer besides robotoads.
Ask not!
Ask!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2014, 12:58:06 am »

Well, Air characters will generally wear air equipment, which is mostly purpley, because Air's color is purple, but as for purple classes, other than some that have purple starting clothes and hair... not so much. Foggernaut is the PURPLE class because apparently death/destructions color is PURPLE for some reason despite air having that color first.

Also yeah, combat can seem complex at first, just read all the tooltips and the tooltips in the tooltips.

Also also, elemental stats aren't all that bad even if you don't use it, because they give resistance as well as damage and every attack in the game uses an element more or less.

Theres always block and crit as well.

Oh god I'd nearly forgotten how broken Air cra can be early on with good beacon placement. I just one turned a chaos plant.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:15:32 am by Kaitol »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2014, 01:49:24 am »

Hrm. I'll look into the stasis thing more t'morrow, I guess. From the text, it seemed like it had something to do with elemental balance (presumably between fire and earth, since frogbots don't seem to have water or air spells), but... eh. Re: Stats, what do you put your points in if the elemental stats are kinda' iffy and HP/initiative is all that's left, anyway? Or am I missing the ability to sink points into AP and whatnot?

Incidentally, d'you happen to know any other classes that have access to magnificently purple abilities? Given that the game is apparently willing to indulge my gratuitous love the color, s'probably a good idea to see what else they have to offer besides robotoads.

There should be an Action Point/Movement point selection on the stat page, where all the other stats are. They're super expensive but very much worth it in a lot of cases! It depends on what skills you end up using.

And yeah, like Kaitol said, Air is typically purple-ish. I feel like air sacriers had a lot of purple, from my time in open beta? They do a lot of battlefield manipulation, for the record.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2014, 01:55:40 am »

I think I'll end up joining brakmar for my mining enterprise :P
Anyway it seems that osamodas depends less on actual stats and more on being able to do several things as quickly as possible, specialy when considering dragon form effects and the fact you can summon things. I'm still a bit confused about monster capturing though, it says the monster I capture cant have a higher level then myself, but somehow it doesnt work when I try to capture level 10 larvae, despite being level 11/12 myself.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2014, 02:11:30 am »

Some things just aren't capturable, there should be a paw icon on their stat sheet if they are... I think. Theres a way to tell.

Also, as to the foggernauts bots, he can throw two microbots in a line to make a rail, which lets him move anywhere on the rail line for 1 MP, I think. Or you can use some of his other abilities to use them to turn into a gun emplacement which boots your stasis spells a lot or a helper companion that can do a few things or transmit your spells a longer range?

It is something of a complex class. I intend to try it at some point.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:17:26 am by Kaitol »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2014, 08:45:02 am »

Yeah, it says that about the microbots. Problem is keeping them around long enough to actually have two up. I... haven't managed that, yet. Don't have the AP to just flat put out two in one turn, and for whatever reason I've had them survive longer than one turn something like once. Would probably be easier if I weren't soloing at the mo', but eh.

E: Ah ha! Finally noticed what the hell was up with my bot-things. Big rub with them is they're pretty much entirely arranged around "charges", which is more or less their lifespan. Problem is that not only do they lose charge per turn, they lose charge every time something hits them. This includes if you're using them as a frogturret thing and something whacks you or... pretty much anything, really! Which basically boils down to they're effectively useless -- half the time, they won't even live past the turn they're pulled out, and the rest of the time they don't last any longer (even if they've got more than two charges, because something will hit them and then blort) -- until you stick quite a few points into both the microbot skill and groove, insofar as I can tell at the moment.

Probably worth the investment for the turret thing alone -- being able to fire your purple death beams any where in range, instead of just in straight lines, is a pretty big deal even it means you can't move for the interim -- but the bot stuff is definitely junk starting out.

Fortunately the purple death beam stuff is pretty straightforward and seems to do alright, especially once you've landed a few hits and got that purple death beam damage boosting debuff thing going. No clue how it compares to other classes, but right now (level 11) with a 100% stasisfied my base combo (1st+2nd stasis spells) does about 34-35 damage at 1-5 range. Somewhere between 15 and 20 otherwise (already forgot!), but it's not too bad. I think.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:56:22 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2014, 10:09:44 am »

summoning them gets cheaper as you put points into it, at level 6 a micro bot costs three AP.

Increasing the microbot skill and armor plating passive will give them more "charges" which I'm pretty sure act like HP for it, but they're never going to super durable. You'll get better at using them and they'll get more useful if you put points into it. Or you can ignore them and focus on other skills.

EDIT: and you notice this and edited while I was composing my post.

And yes, thats a pretty respectable damage output for that level. I think the only time I've hit harder at comparable levels is getting a back crit with my melee rogue's Long Sword.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:13:30 am by Kaitol »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2014, 10:32:09 am »

Seriyu, your classes link is broke. You want this one instead, I think.

I'm gonna try this as soon as I figure out what I actually want to do here. (although somehow someone already had Aklyon as an account name, huh.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2014, 10:49:42 am »

Is it possible you made an account for dofus or something and forgot? Might want to try some old favored passwords or something.

Thats happened to me a few times on other sites.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2014, 10:59:41 am »

I tried going into the reset password area, and it asked for a secret question in French. I have no knowledge of french >.>
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2014, 12:02:21 pm »

So you have a French doppleganger. Maybe they even look like you. Wouldn't that be creepy.

In other news, I saw six similar looking people all with Micheal in their names with purple hair and black clothes moving one at a time to the exact same squares.

Can't believe someone is SIX boxing. That crap is crazy yo.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28