Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43529 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 08:52:19 pm »

Foggernauts I dont know about. Masqueraiders got added to dofus a good while later after wakfu was already in development. Does wakfu have the rogue class? The one that is sort of similar to srams but use guns and bombs instead of daggers and traps? I always sort of wanted to be maybe try playing as one.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 09:25:10 pm »

Well after a bit of a rusty start, I've gotten back into the groove. The combat is just as enjoyable as I remembered. It's so much more satisfying to beat something using your brain.

And yes, there are bomby gunny rogues.

Also, I think we need player names, not character names to add people to the contact list. Maybe. Either that or you just can't add offline people for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:32:35 pm by Kaitol »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 09:44:41 pm »

Pretty sure you can only add people when they're online. I'm about to get on, so we'll see!

Edit: I just now tried to add you with Xirtani and it didn't work.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:47:50 pm by Seriyu »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 09:52:05 pm »

that would be because I just logged off.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 09:58:11 pm »

Just gotcha then, you do add character names. I think it adds the account, though, so you're friends cross character. May be wrong!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 03:37:04 am »

Wanted to play this since forever-ago, but the sub was offputting. Now that they've gone "freemium", just how pay-to-win is it? And do they have any kind of survey system in place for free players to earn premium currency?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 04:17:43 am »

It's a little too early to answer the second question (they changed their payment model literally two days ago, so I'd imagine it'd take a while to get deals and such written up just based on that), but to answer the first question, at least from stuff present in game now, it seems like they're going the "pay for convinience" route. So you can grind out a stat reset, or buy one. There are some items that can add rune types (runes are basically socketables), but it all seems fairly reasonable, runes are min maxer territory, in a game like this +5 more HP or whatever won't kill you in the vast majority of cases.

The one grey area is buying partners, which are units you can control. Now, I really have no idea how they stack up to player characters, and you get a free one in the tutorial with no strings attached which is about all you need to make, for instance, a pure support feca/enriprisa work, and from what I've seen of higher level players, I have no idea how they COULd make them more destructive then players.

In any case the game is very much built around having other people to play with, so that seems more like a concession for those people that don't want to interact with each other in an MMO.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 04:31:21 am by Seriyu »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 10:17:24 am »

Also, I'm 90% certain you can buy premium partners from players.

Of course, expect them to be hideously expensive.

And really, you only need partners if you're soloing a lot or only have one or two friends and/or don't want to go through the hassle of finding pubbies for stuff.

PLUS every month or whatever one premium partner goes into trial mode where anybody can use them. Which means you can always have your max of two partners. Although the trial one will probably be a low level.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 10:57:08 am »

Alright, I'm going to give this a try again. I'll post my name here later so we can stab gobs and tofus togheder and do whatever new things they implemented. I'll prob be either a rogue, a sacrier or an enu.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 12:23:40 pm »

Is the Foggernaut premium only? It's always blanked out on character creation.

Or do you just have to unlock it in game somehow?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, they're robots, so no female gender version.

Wait. Too many consecutive consonants!? First time a games ever bitched about a name at me because of THAT. Guess it's just biased against German. Makes sense, being French and all. Schw can totally be a valid part of a name, game!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:01:18 pm by Kaitol »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 01:40:28 pm »

K, made a rogue named croverlord on nox, dont remember my player nickname off my head, might be amurika. Send me a friend invite sometime, I'll probably only be on again later tho. This is a game that is usualy great when played with friends but gets boring fast if you just solo it, even if you have one of the companions.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 02:12:26 pm »

GOD DAMN SRAMS STOP CHAIN PUSHING ME ONTO DAMAGE BORDERS WHO DESIGNED THIS FIGHT AND SAID IT WAS FOR SOLO

GARGLMBLGRAAAG

HA, NOT SO TOUGH WHEN I MANAGE TO FIGHT YOU IN THE MIDDLE YOU LITTLE JERKS.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:36:53 pm by Kaitol »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 02:40:30 pm »

Btw, if anyone gets a weird "no proxy availiable" error, it prob means the server is down for maintenance or an update, according to the forums. ATM I couldn't log into nox because of that error.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 02:55:11 pm »

I've been on fine for a while.

LongDongSilver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 04:00:59 pm »

This looks interesting, I really like non-standard class and stat design; I'll probably try it out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28