Poll

If we do so, what faction should we form a group in? Pick any two

The United Republic (North America)
- 3 (12%)
The Latin Junta (South America)
- 5 (20%)
The European Alliance (Europe)
- 2 (8%)
The African Warlords (Africa/MiddleEast)
- 6 (24%)
The Shogunate Empire (Asia)
- 4 (16%)
The Soviet Union (Russian territories pre-WW2)
- 5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: March of War: F2P MMO TBS  (Read 3195 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: March of War: F2P MMO TBS
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 07:48:14 pm »

I threw in my vote for the faction (Latin Junta) I played when I tried this for... well, only 1.9 hours last month. Possibly my vote shouldn't count since I'm unlikely to play it again, though. :V

My last battle was one where when I had taken just more than 50% of the bases, my opponent apparently decided to stop playing and just let his time run out. Repeatedly. Until the game finally gave me the win because he was skipped too many times in a row. I reflected on it and concluded that I wasn't having fun, and should stop, and uninstalled it some time later.

PvP sounds like it is still the mess it was last year. You should probably stick with AI, still fairly fun but a bit grindy.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 01:58:30 am »

I played this extensively when it first came to steam, mostly as Shogun (because flame tanks and hot air balloons) where I was something like 4th for my faction, but I made alts for the others I think.  Might come back and see how it is now, although I mostly stopped because I was all grinded out - had seen pretty much all the game had to offer - so I'm not sure if it'd hold any appeal anymore.  Especially if PvP still isn't really worth it.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 01:27:27 pm »

Just had my first PVP match, myself level 7 and my enemy level 12. I Commissar-rushed to the infantry CP on the first turn (fucking awesome) but ended up losing both my flak tanks without them getting to fire a shot. Thought I was fucked, but brave rpg troops moved into the enemies midst and took out their command tank in tandem with artillery barages. I almost stopped playing because PvE was getting kind of lame but that was really fun. Y'all comrades should join in.
2nd PvP match, matched against a fucking level 18 commander (I think I understand why people hate PvP now) with two siege tanks. He mows down virtually my entire army center and right, I move everything left, manage to hit the enemy commander with my own command and a rocket, then use 2 arty barrages. Leaves him with 8hp and I don't have enough command for a third, spend next 2 turns getting wiped down to just my command tank and a couple infantry by their siege tanks. Final turn, blitz into where I was hoping them to be but no luck, I can't see the enemy and all is lost, but I have one arty left and 4 command again. I narrow down their possible location as much as possible, and assume that they moved only as much as necessary. I say a prayer to Lenin and bam! The bastard is dead, my soviets winning against insane odds.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:16:59 pm by Rakonas »

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 03:58:01 pm »

Game sounds awesome :) I'm downloading it right now.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 04:27:11 pm »

You can have up to three characters, lots of people swap back and forth when things are looking grim for their faction (there's no shame in it unless you're HC), so if you like you could have up to three groups in three different factions.

I main Republic and have low level chars in the Alliance and I think the Warlords.

Republic strategy revolves around having lots of arty and LoS units for spotting. Alliance uses tanks tanks tanks with heavy inf support. Junta do the inf rush thing with their APCs that can dump out hunters and guerrillas. Shoguns do the buff/debuff thing and have lots of boring melee inf. I'm not sure what the Union and Warlords go for, but I know the Union use walkers and the Warlords have beast units (elephants, gorilla things and a super elephant).

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 05:23:51 pm »

You can have up to three characters, lots of people swap back and forth when things are looking grim for their faction (there's no shame in it unless you're HC), so if you like you could have up to three groups in three different factions.

Yeah, but for an organized group we need to do one faction. We've tried as bay12 doing multiple factions in much larger games with far more members, and it never worked out. Anyway, I'm thinking unless anything drastic happens, we go with the current Leader, African Warlords. Anyone have an idea for a decent battlegroup name? As well as an alt name for the Junta and Soviets? Gonna close voting end of tonight and see who wins.

Also my Africa character is named Ukuduma, for my alts I just sorta ran the word Thunder though a translate filter into each nation's native (or one of them at least) language.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »

Damn, I really like the Junta though. If we do actually get a thing going I'l make an alt character for it though.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 08:41:29 pm »

Alright, logging off for the night, so It seems the Warlords have it by a vote. I've gone and made our Battlegroup named "The Council of 12" (12, not Twelve, character limits are apparently our greatest enemy) for the African Warlords. My character name is Ukuduma, Google Translate Zulu for "Thunder". Hope to see you guys there.

As of now the Warlords seem to have major operations against the Soviets and the Rupublic, as well as a possible skirmish with the Junta. So plenty of variety for who we'll fight at the moment. My one piece of advice for new players is the Warlords units favor getting up close and personal, and if you can afford one, a well placed Bomb Truck can singlehandedly turn a battle around.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 05:02:21 am »

Mkay, I've made a Warlord alt called Sokwe and applied for the Battlegroup.  I'll level up a bit this morning while I re-familiarise myself with the game.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 10:42:57 am »

I'll try to join, but my game crashes whenever I start a battle.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 [2]