Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Lord of War OOC (Multiplayer RPG/Strategy Game)  (Read 10584 times)

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of War OOC (Multiplayer RPG/Strategy Game)
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 06:53:03 am »

Just in case some of you have missed it, I put a link to the IC thread at the end of the OP. And since Harbingerjm asked, the way to call some people depending on their title:
Your Holy Highness: The Emperor
Your Holiness: The Supreme Archbishop
Your Majesty/Your Highness: Princes, Archdukes, Viceroys, The Stygian Pharaoh, Kushistan's Great Sultan and the members of the Imperial Family (The Empress and her son).
My High Lord: The Lords of War
My Magister: The Arbiters
Your Excellency: Cardinals, Bishops, Dukes, Viscounts, Sultans, Imperial Generals, Commanders and Marshalls.
My Lord/Lady: Low Nobility (Counts, Barons and so on)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 06:55:38 am »

Hmmm, I guess a fair amount of those modes of address are for lower ranks; Do we have alternate methods for those who are of lower or equal rank to us?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2014, 07:04:34 am »

If you are of equal or higher rank, Lord + their actual title (like "Lord Prince of Helenia") would be the polite way of addressing them. Although some Princes might believe even Lords of War should call them Highness (which you can, if you want to be really polite). With members of the Imperial military "Sir+surname" would be the standard for you (or Magister+Arbiter name, when talking to Arbiters).

Officially, you are only below the Emperor, but it is expected that you pay respect to the Supreme Archbishop, the Cardinals and the Bishops.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2014, 07:09:04 am »

so how often will time pass?

Also is each principal independent interm of order an recuitment?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2014, 09:52:25 am »

Usually each "turn" will be one month. But before the turn is over, let them do their roleplaying. Judging by nicknames, I believe that's what some of them are most interested in :P

Principalties are independent in terms of recruitment, yes, so please all of you remembr to say where are you recruiting.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2014, 07:51:02 pm »

Judging by nicknames, I believe that's what some of them are most interested in :P
Dohohohoho.

Principalties are independent in terms of recruitment, yes, so please all of you remembr to say where are you recruiting.
Interesting.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2014, 08:46:28 pm »

Hey i left the meeting because i got my own continent pretty much so there not much i can cooperate with. Also by now your characters should know that my character is not a social type. I dont mean to be a jerk or anything :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2014, 09:30:58 pm »

I'd like some more info about Moth; it seems like it is analogous to Germany, but I'm not sure.

Some more info on Dwänholf and Phaion, the differences between Goldar and Haufman(beyond the one being mountainous and icy), possible recruitment options for all of the principalities under my control(I would offer suggestions, as well, I think; for example, Samurai were historically mounted archers first, Bushido being "The Way of the Horse and Bow", and they were incredible archers indeed, with bows able to rival any Welsh or English Longbow, yet fully capable of being used on horseback or whilst crouching.), just how bad the strife in Hendell is currently, how bad pirates and such are and whether it's my duty to attempt to control them, and so on, would be nice.

@Varee: I foresee great boredom in your future.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2014, 10:55:00 pm »

I don't mind make a fortress of solitude :P

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2014, 03:44:59 am »

I'd like some more info about Moth; it seems like it is analogous to Germany, but I'm not sure.

Some more info on Dwänholf and Phaion, the differences between Goldar and Haufman(beyond the one being mountainous and icy), possible recruitment options for all of the principalities under my control(I would offer suggestions, as well, I think; for example, Samurai were historically mounted archers first, Bushido being "The Way of the Horse and Bow", and they were incredible archers indeed, with bows able to rival any Welsh or English Longbow, yet fully capable of being used on horseback or whilst crouching.), just how bad the strife in Hendell is currently, how bad pirates and such are and whether it's my duty to attempt to control them, and so on, would be nice.

@Varee: I foresee great boredom in your future.
Moth is actually more like Romania. Lots of small villages controled by mayors that answer to the nobles. People are very superstitious, and there are stories about vampires, werewolves, forests of walking trees that kill those that stay at night and so on.

Dwanholf is also a dark place like Moth, but there are more cities, most of them in the coast. There's a lot of crime and some cities even openly serve as a refuge for pirates, and the Prince has never been able to control the situation. It's actually his responsability, but should the pirates do any major attack against a city of another Principalty, it would become your problem.

Phaion was founded by settlers from Lannet, and a lot of its culture is very similar to Lannet's, but it is influenced by western culture, with a more flexible society (it is a bourgeois country, with no noble class). Since thirty years ago, Phaion is ruled by a council of merchants and bussinessmen that rule the country (with the Emperor's consent) as a business, which has made Phaion become one of the richest Principalties.

The main difference between Goldar and Haufman is that while Goldar is actually composed of a number of Clans that only respect and follow the Ygnling (the Prince's Clan) because they are the stronger, Haufman's Prince rules over a more cohesive Principalty, where nobles are loyal to him because of his title, not because of his strenght.

The possible recruitment options are those that you already have and those that you suggest.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2014, 10:19:51 am »

Say how do battles/wars work in this game...i dont hink i have seen any information on that yet, although i might have missed it...im just curious how you handle it.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2014, 10:56:06 am »

If anyone did rebel i bet it will be on my continent too..... An independent principal and vampire worshipper, where elses would it be better :P

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2014, 11:17:18 am »

Say how do battles/wars work in this game...i dont hink i have seen any information on that yet, although i might have missed it...im just curious how you handle it.
As I said, most things will be done with a dice roll. I have modifiers and numbers for units, Arbiters and so on, but just to make it more realistic, the players won't know these numbers.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2014, 07:00:46 am »

*bump*

Guys, I still need 2 of you to post your actions. I'm aware that some of us are on holidays, but I don't think that asking for a post once a week is too much.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2014, 09:14:22 am »

Guys, I still need 2 of you to post your actions. I'm aware that some of us are on holidays, but I don't think that asking for a post once a week is too much.
"Wait, two of us? I thought three of us had already poste-"
*Jump over to my Bookkeeping Thread tab*
*It's on Preview Post*
"Well fuck."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7