Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Kaiju-COM  (Read 22540 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-COM
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 06:08:43 pm »

Spoiler: wow whoa (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 06:09:03 pm »

This game is inspired by Pacific Rim and X-COM.
That's basically all I need to know.

Each player controls their own organization, aiming to save Humanity from giant aliens which keep showing up by some sort of gateway. "Saving Humanity" is a fairly vague goal, and you might be able to figure out an alternative method than punching out the invaders.
[Maniacal Laughter Intensifies]

Oh yes, and nearly everybody's incompetent.
Well duh.

Warning - while you were typing 7 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

This is what I get for not reserving.

Organization Name: SINCOM
Leadership Style: Watching things unfold from a monitor, ominously declaring that the current events are fascinating.
Organization Plans: Did you know that the Chinese word for "world-ending atrocity" also means "miraculous scientific progress?" We may have assembled that from the stitched remains of the last dictionary to cross us. I mean, made that up.
Trait: Superior Scientists
Primary Location: Berlin
Interesting Flavor Text: SINCOM is your premiere source of scientific malice, unhindered by those weak-minded fools at the academy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 06:10:16 pm »

I think I spent too much time making this.

Spoiler: Signin' on up (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 06:14:46 pm »

I'd like to join also, but I reckon you've already got way too many applications...

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 06:15:18 pm »

Yeah, think that's probably enough.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 06:23:37 pm »

I MUST PRESS ON

Organization Name: Anti-Kaiju Aircraft Development LLC (A.K.A.D)
Leadership Style: Develop air vehicles for other KCOM orgs
Organization Plans: After the first Kaiju downed the F-15s, the American government decided they needed an organization to supply the world with powerful new experimental attack aircraft. AKAD was thus born.
Trait: Superior engineering
Primary Location: New England area

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 06:25:24 pm »

Organization Name: The Black Celestial Initiave
Leadership style: For the greatergood of the mission and aboveall, even the mission, Humanity.
Organization plans: To control or destory the "Kaiju" by any means necessary.
Trait: Superior Scientist
Mission Base: Istanbul.

The Black Celestial Initiave was an organization formed by the Holy see, The Patriach of Russia (Eastern Orthodox Church), and the KGB. It's also to mention that because of it's KGB ties the BCI also have allies in GRU. One GRU spetzna colonel is even known to make "requests" to the BCI usually about information on American Naval activity in the black sea. The BCI, although usually willing to give up said information, will go to great lenghts to complete it's mission and not become a puppet of Russian Inteligence.

Leaders:

Director: Alberto Nunez (Ex-KGB agent who is rumored to have helped foil the bay of pigs invasion.)
External affairs: Colonel Vladimir Batec (Ex-KGB who is a veteran of the Soviet occupation in Afghanistan.)
Internal affairs: Phillepe Pieere (French KGB informant who lost his loyalty to the soviet union after it's many attempts to hurt other people in failed coups. Has been "collected" however for his informational gathering and analysis.)
Director of Research: Oleg Brown (A young scientist who prior to the Kaiju incidents, was part of a research team in Chernobyl to report on radiation.)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 06:36:23 pm »

Organization Name: T.I.A(definitely not stand for totally incompetent agency)
Leadership Style: From the safety of bunkers
Organization Plans: Make up story to keep citizen calm, doing public stunts and alot , LOTS of propaganda .
Trait: Superior Propoganda, Better at convincing government, Citizen that they are doing a good job
Primary Location: Southeast asia(thailand)
Interesting Flavor Text: DONT WORRY EVERYONE,WE HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:38:27 pm by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 06:37:40 pm »

What? No. Stop this. Stop. It was supposed to be first-come gets in. Now I need to actually make choices. Stop. No more. Please.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 06:39:23 pm »

You combined 2 very popular things bud. It was inevitable but first come is probably the simplest way to go.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:42:27 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 06:39:40 pm »

Sorry. I should have reserved. *cry*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2014, 06:58:50 pm »

I am now imagining a cutebold being buried in scrolls.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2014, 07:10:10 pm »

What? No. Stop this. Stop. It was supposed to be first-come gets in. Now I need to actually make choices. Stop. No more. Please.

Sorry.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2014, 08:13:23 pm »

Spoiler: Organizations (click to show/hide)

What is a credit? I don't know.

Spoiler: Building Purchase List (click to show/hide)

Larger workshops must be researched, because we're currently at modern tech levels and there is no off-the-shelf design for Eva workshops.

Base facilities are usually optional, if you want to use sub-par rental labs and civilian airports. Your initial buildings are built instantly. Future buildings take one month.

Spoiler: Personnel List (click to show/hide)

Better engineers will produce better equipment. You should get a fairly significant improvement with even one great engineer leading in inferior team. Better scientists will both study faster and have better rolls, but don't have much of a leadership bonus over their inferior brethren.

YES OF COURSE we need that many types of engineers and scientists.

If you want anything not listed, ask for it. Some will need to be researched. If a government could get something with today's tech, it's probably purchasable in this game.

Begin first turn, phase one: purchases and hiring.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2014, 08:18:45 pm »

* IronTomato mopes off
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16