Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The new King is my Cousin?  (Read 963 times)

targetstary

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The new King is my Cousin?
« on: July 10, 2014, 04:07:53 pm »

ok... so I started a new game, new world, pocket size with medium history... In my new Dwarf Fortress I had a good population of 12 and was able to organize everyone efficently and keep up with the food supply. While I was working, I notice one of my Dwarf was diffrent color and not of the normal Blacksmith he was. (He was my dedicated blacksmith). I looked him up.. .and he is the King of my Civilization. I have the King, who is in charge of my 12 population civilization. and the Funny part was after I realized this, I was attacked by a swarm of Undead.

So... what do I do? I mean I boarded up my civilization so no one can get in, and I am training up a squad of 4 dwarves (Full Iron Armor). but I know that once my King is at my civilization, I can not get anymore trade post... which is the primary way I get leather.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: The new King is my Cousin?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 04:50:32 pm »

Clearly the king died somewhere else (maybe to the zombies), and your blacksmith was his next of kin.
It happens now.
Someone had a king as one of their original 7.
Their civilization died.

targetstary

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 05:07:27 pm »

So.. I am guessing it is my best intersst to keep that King alive and well off...

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 06:04:18 pm »

So.. I am guessing it is my best intersst to keep that King alive and well off...

Well, nobles and such...
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 06:11:38 pm »

If the king dies, it'll choose a next of kin, who may or may not be in the fort.
If the current king lacks any next of kin, I guess it's random.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 06:41:43 pm »

It was inevitable.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured