Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: L9Craft - Join now and get a free business license!  (Read 3230 times)

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
L9Craft - Join now and get a free business license!
« on: July 10, 2014, 03:24:36 pm »

THREAD MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc

So I thought up this idea, what about a Communist state light RPR server? Then I started writing some simple rules, then again I figured out it was a brilliant idea.
The idea is simple:
Earth was destroyed by a third world war, nuclear winter rages permanently over the surface of earth. However, the communist parties of the world smashed their heads together and figured out a solution for making sure that some pro-soviets would survive. Knowing that the world was about to go boom, they revived old stolen Nazi technology, a teleporter. Quickly dialing in the last few multi-versal coordinates, a small population of pro-soviets were sent into a new world to make a new soviet state, the one and final soviet state. This small population includes us. We are the last soviets, escaped from earth, now stuck in a strange, blocky world.

So the setup is simple:
There are communists, these work for the common good and stand together in  any crisis.
There are traitors, basically I will PM a random guy on the server an objective, and they will carry it out, they will be rewarded with resources. These objectives are entirely optional and any traitor can resign from their objective at any time.

A few basic rules:
Don't ruin each others things
Stick together, we are supposed to create a state, not scattered bunch of single-man self-sufficient outposts.
Harmful pranks are not allowed, funny, nondestructive or destructive of something meaningless are cool though
Do make sure to share your goods! The more we share, the faster we will progress! (When there are enough people on, it will be more of a goods taxation than having to share 100% of your goods)
This is a communist state, treat your fellow soviets with respect.
This is more of a guideline, to prevent the soviet state splitting up into single person auturkeys, please specialize within a few types of resources, or mods that interest you. That way we can keep an interesting economy going
Every 7th real life day, (Sunday), a senate will be elected, for every 5 people currently whitelisted, there will be one spot for a chairman, so with 10 people we can have two chairmen. If the chairmen are more or equal to three, one head of state needs to be elected by the chairmen. A head of state has absolute reign over New Moscow, and has veto power, any decision must be approved by the head of state, the chairmen can inquire about a new problem that needs to be solved, the solution is decided through a vote from the people to the senate and then it goes through the head of state.
A call for impeachment may start at any time. First, the common people must vote, and if at least half of them vote yes, it is moved on to the senate. The majority of the senate must vote yes in order for the chairman to be impeached.
Work for the common good! Don't just take care of yourself, unless we are in some sort of emergency, then don't play a hero and just work headlessly towards thwarting that emergency.
These rules aren't rigid, you can backstab all you want(don't do it excessively) you can do private bartering when the enforcers aren't looking and I wont ban or kick anybody for violating them, they are more a form of general guideline.
Players with extreme lag are to be considered sick or crippled, cripples are people who got their mind-soul connection messed up in the teleport. These people are mostly suited for working in non-dangerous conditions like safely lit tree farms, mines or in less dangerous constructions.

Rules for the chairmen:
One cannot convert the state to another regime, as a chairman, you can't just go "LOL I WANT NEW MOSCOW TO BE FASCIST!!!".
The economic policies of the state must stay the same, as to prevent a market system from being forcibly formed or an intentional destruction of the motherland.
While you are very much a dictator, the senate still holds a great deal of political clout. You may not override an impeachment.

Oh and a last note, we will be using Yogscast Complete. You know that crazy 200+ mod modpack? Yeah, that one with every optional mod installed except for the irc, opis and voxel minimap installed.

I can the server up 12/5 GMT + 1 and run sessions in the weekends.

Application form:
Your InGame Name:
Any other IGN you want whitelisted(separate multiple with a comma):
That's about it.

So get your friends together and lets cooperate to create crazy megaprojects together!

Glorious Peoples News:
Holy shit! A friend of mine really likes the idea and wants to host a 24/7 server! With a fixed IP! We can ditch tunngle now!

Enable all optional mods in the pack except for Opis, voxel and ElraIRC, the first two will give you three different minimaps on top of each other and the latter just spams your screen with text.
The server is up 24/7 (almost) at 213.89.73.99:25560
Want to hang out or want in contact with the server admin(me)? Go to #L9Craft on freenode.net and then we can talk. This is where I hang out when I am not in the game. Use http://webchat.freenode.net/ or your IRC client of choice.

Spoiler: 11th July 2014 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:24:29 am by Eclectic Wizard »
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: L9Craft - Communist state Light RP Modded Minecraft Session Server
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 03:33:38 pm »

I'm not a fan of roleplay, but I like the idea of elected dictators and traitors. Count me in!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 04:40:32 pm »

This sounds interesting, so I'll put in my name.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 05:04:58 pm »

Oh yay people signing up :D

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 05:08:48 pm »

IN!
Spoiler: Application Form (click to show/hide)
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 06:36:42 pm »

tungle, that's like hamatchi? i can't then due to not my internet and father not wanting lan bridgers used.
But posting to say hey, i support this, it'd be cool, and wish i could join

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 06:51:54 pm »

Wait, Hamachi? Sorry, out.

murphyslaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 06:55:23 pm »

Tunngle. It can serve the same purpose of hamachi, but it's not hamachi.

edit in response to OP:
This sounds interesting... so is this like TTT? Can you give an example of traitor's objectives without giving away the actual? I'd like an idea of how this is supposed to play out. If I read that right:
+Dorf communist fort owns you
+Hoarding and trading is illegal do it in secret
+Elected chairmen leads settlement
+Traitor sabotages stuff
+???

Are there any "win" condition objectives? What if we catch the traitors? What if the traitors accomplish a minimum amount of sabotage or a specific sabotage?

This sounds like it could be a good mix of Mafia/Werewolf and Minecraft, given Minecraft is a very communist-construction oriented game.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:03:07 pm by murphyslaw »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 06:58:07 pm »

Yeah, but Hamachi has caused my computer serious problems in the past, and if this is the same sort of thing I don't trust it to work properly.

murphyslaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 07:06:18 pm »

Yeah, but Hamachi has caused my computer serious problems in the past, and if this is the same sort of thing I don't trust it to work properly.
Either VPN's in general don't work well with your machine OR Hamachi itself doesn't. It's probably the latter. Tunngle is very games oriented and better polished, more like GameRanger with VPN, I'd say give it a shot anyway.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 07:43:29 pm »

Hamachi absolutely hates my computer, but Tunngle works fine. Give it a shot! Tunngle doesn't modify any of your computer settings, so it can't do much damage, if any at all.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 09:53:06 pm »

The only thing it does install is a new virtual net card. It should run fine.

If anybody can help me somehow forwarding theese ports without accessing the router control panel, which is locked because I dont own the router, the municipality does (Wee danish social democraticism :P) I was thinking some cheap or free VPN like Forsaken does with his servers. I would be really happy because then we can ditch Tunngle.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:55:21 pm by Eclectic Wizard »

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 10:06:45 pm »

I've only ever played with vanilla minecraft, so a ridiculous mod pack sounds like fun. Count me in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 10:20:27 pm »

edit in response to OP:
This sounds interesting... so is this like TTT? Can you give an example of traitor's objectives without giving away the actual? I'd like an idea of how this is supposed to play out. If I read that right:
+Dorf communist fort owns you
+Hoarding and trading is illegal do it in secret
+Elected chairmen leads settlement
+Traitor sabotages stuff
+???

Are there any "win" condition objectives? What if we catch the traitors? What if the traitors accomplish a minimum amount of sabotage or a specific sabotage?

This sounds like it could be a good mix of Mafia/Werewolf and Minecraft, given Minecraft is a very communist-construction oriented game.

Well, basically it will be stuff like "They want you to murder this guy and take his stuff" or "Blow up that powerplant", or it can be much more complicated than that, like sabotage an entire system, say someone makes an automated warehouse or something along the lines of that, you could then, as a traitor, either screw up the computers that manage the system, mess up some essential component or do anything else. I dont know, I will not be making up the objectives, it will be an external friend who isnt playing the game itself but rather is very interested in the project.

I also had an idea, if we become many, like 30+, I will set up an actual server on a host so that we can play without Tunngle. But that is not my idea, my idea is that once we are 30+ people, we could have someone start up a fascist state! Oh no! The fascists had teleporter technology too! Time for a cold war!

I have news!
One of my friends decided he wanted to play this too, and host it! There will be a static IP and the server might go up today!
One thing though: He will sometimes take it down for a few hours if he is doing something else. Otherwise the server will be 24/7
This is the most economic and stable way I can provide a server, through a friend.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:43:34 pm by Eclectic Wizard »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: L9Craft - The Glorious Peoples State lives!
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 10:46:54 pm »

But mostly the assignments are "Kill X Zombies, then collect Y iron ore" :P.
Pages: [1] 2 3