Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civilian and Night Creature Detection  (Read 891 times)

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civilian and Night Creature Detection
« on: July 10, 2014, 02:51:36 pm »

So I snuck through an entire dark fortress full of goblins and trolls, and I even walked through all of their vision ranges at times without them detecting me...Sometimes I'd sneak behind them and attack them and they still don't know I'm there.

I sneak up behind a non notable Gloom creature; BAM turned around and head shot me with a fork.

What's up with that?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Civilian and Night Creature Detection
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 02:59:28 pm »

Night Creatures seem to be the only things in the world with their aggression AI completely intact right now. And even then there are instances of Night Creatures standing there doing nothing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 03:12:12 pm »

So I snuck through an entire dark fortress full of goblins and trolls, and I even walked through all of their vision ranges at times without them detecting me...Sometimes I'd sneak behind them and attack them and they still don't know I'm there.

I sneak up behind a non notable Gloom creature; BAM turned around and head shot me with a fork.

What's up with that?

Night Creatures have blood sense now, mate.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 03:54:22 pm »

Fear needs a major tweaking. Seemingly over 75% of the population will begin crying in the fetal position if they see a dead person and most civilians actually don't care when an enemy of the country comes in and starts committing murder.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 06:58:57 pm »

Night Creatures seem to be the only things in the world with their aggression AI completely intact right now. And even then there are instances of Night Creatures standing there doing nothing.

He he he
"completely" intact
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 07:41:36 pm »

Just became a vamp.

First off, the Goblin vamp whose blood I drank was so invisible I could only see his cone of sight, and even after hacking him for a few minutes with my ax when he finally died iCouldn't even see the corpse.

Second off, there's red cogs marking basically every living thing now, so iKan totes confirm the blood vision and that it's twerking for the player (almost positiv that wasn't in 34.11);\\.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers