Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vanilla DF with Masterwork  (Read 1414 times)

barkalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vanilla DF with Masterwork
« on: July 10, 2014, 02:05:30 pm »

Hey guys,

I've been trying to use Masterwork to play vanilla df, using masterwork only for teh tilesets, dfhack, and therapist, but even after turning all the options off, deleting my saves, and making a new world, all the crazy items and creatures are still in the game.  Any ideas?

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla DF with Masterwork
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 02:39:27 pm »

Basically not possible. Masterwork removes/changes/alters tons of things. Vanilla raws simply don't exist in masterwork at all (that is, how they are in stock vanilla download) and there's no way to 'undo it'. Only option is to manually put together your desired tileset, df hack, and all that manually without masterwork.

barkalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:47:13 pm »

Lame.  Should add vanilla as an option.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:54:01 pm »

um, are you referring to

Accelerated DF
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117954.0

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 03:08:09 pm »

No, even Meph's accel mod changes stuff.  OP is looking for whatever name the Lazy Noob Pack goes by these days.  DF Starter Pack or something.

barkalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 03:12:06 pm »

I'd prefer to use masterwork rather than the lazy newb pack.  I could do that, but I want to be able to turn something on if my heart desires it, and the integration of the tools like stonesense, therapist, df hack, is too good to pass up and a pain to set up manually.  I like Masterwork because it just comes with everything, I just wish it didn't prevent me from using it with vanilla.

barkalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 03:15:05 pm »

Accelerated DF looks great

It will at least hold me over until Masterwork adds support for vanilla play.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 04:32:39 pm »

Lame.  Should add vanilla as an option.
It will at least hold me over until Masterwork adds support for vanilla play.
I'd prefer to use masterwork rather than the lazy newb pack.  I could do that, but I want to be able to turn something on if my heart desires it.

I just wish it didn't prevent me from using it with vanilla.

Learn to code. Write it yourself.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 04:48:15 pm »

Tilesets are easy to add to vanilla, just time consuming if you're doing every unit like a full graphics pack.

dfhack, Therapist, and Stonesense are pretty much drag and drop. Steam and consoles have really spoiled people. Computer literacy must be at an all time low.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:47:04 pm by BigD145 »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 04:37:04 am »

I'd prefer to use masterwork rather than the lazy newb pack.  I could do that, but I want to be able to turn something on if my heart desires it, and the integration of the tools like stonesense, therapist, df hack, is too good to pass up and a pain to set up manually.  I like Masterwork because it just comes with everything, I just wish it didn't prevent me from using it with vanilla.

Que? Stonesense, therapist and dfhack are all in the starter pack. Are you sure you know what you want? What else do you want to turn on?

@ smakemupagus: nice to see you back!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 10:59:04 pm »

Thanks fricy!  Think i am installing MW tonight and DF2014 starter pack after a couple more bugfixes.