Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: Habit RPG  (Read 38185 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Habit RPG
« Reply #255 on: August 02, 2014, 10:04:00 pm »

If people keep not doing their Dailies, I'd rather they not participate.
Fixed that for you. I hit on all my dailies today, although I only have five.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 02, 2014, 10:06:11 pm »

EDIT: I think sometimes.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 02, 2014, 10:15:52 pm »

This guy is worth more xp than a level than most of us newbies, but when It starts threatening two levels...  I know I'm going to lose a level before the next rollover. Down to 3 hp now and no hope of a health potion or a level.  Though little good a health potion will do because I seem to be losing more hp than a health potion heals.

I'm cool with people missing one or two every so often, especially since my damage appears to be very much on the low end, but we seem to be taking pretty darn ridiculous damage on a day to day basis not just every so often.  I mean 25 damage in one day?  Seriously?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2014, 10:38:18 pm »

Sorry about the missed dailies, guys. I've got it under control now though - I switched the troublesome ones over to habits so you guys won't get splattered by my ineptitude.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2014, 01:48:51 am »

Thanks. That will help a lot.

I think that if we keep seeing problems with individuals causing everyone lots of damage (and they don't quickly fix the mistake as Arx and InsanityIncarnate have done), then they should leave the group. If someone is not doing their dailies and not responding to messages (meaning they probably aren't even visiting the site), then we can remove them from the group.

Anyone who has died due to party damage, I encourage you to undo the damage, since it's not your fault. It's simple to do. In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click settings>site. Then click the button that says "fix character values." Here, you can reset your stats to where they were before you died. I don't consider this cheating because the party system is pretty unbalanced right now. If two members of a party can very easily kill everyone else in a matter of one or two days, something is off there. There should be some party accountability, but the current damage is just too high, and if people keep dying, it will undo all the positive motivation the site is meant to provide.

Part of the problem might also be that this is clearly a high-level quest. I didn't see any indication that any quest is easier or harder than any other when I was looking through them, and just picked rats because hey, it's an RPG, we gotta get the rat quest out of the way. Next time I'll be more careful to take an easier quest.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2014, 02:13:17 am »

Thanks. That will help a lot.

I think that if we keep seeing problems with individuals causing everyone lots of damage (and they don't quickly fix the mistake as Arx and InsanityIncarnate have done), then they should leave the group. If someone is not doing their dailies and not responding to messages (meaning they probably aren't even visiting the site), then we can remove them from the group.

Anyone who has died due to party damage, I encourage you to undo the damage, since it's not your fault. It's simple to do. In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click settings>site. Then click the button that says "fix character values." Here, you can reset your stats to where they were before you died. I don't consider this cheating because the party system is pretty unbalanced right now. If two members of a party can very easily kill everyone else in a matter of one or two days, something is off there. There should be some party accountability, but the current damage is just too high, and if people keep dying, it will undo all the positive motivation the site is meant to provide.

Part of the problem might also be that this is clearly a high-level quest. I didn't see any indication that any quest is easier or harder than any other when I was looking through them, and just picked rats because hey, it's an RPG, we gotta get the rat quest out of the way. Next time I'll be more careful to take an easier quest.
My body. So ouch. Much pain.
Fatigue ._.
But wow did I get stuff done.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2014, 02:27:09 am »

And that was one hell of a blow you struck. Hooray for Tiruin!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2014, 02:34:33 am »

There's also other tasks that could be done that won't tire the body. Mental or thought-related tasks associated with how you govern and rationalize the environment.

Really nice and complex tasks o_o

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2014, 11:23:54 am »

Okay, having party members damage you is kind of dumb. The boss should inflict debuffs depending on the number of missed dailies. It would be more interesting, and it would increase the danger level while preventing idiotic deaths.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2014, 11:48:19 am »

I agree. You should suggest it. I'd like a change like that.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2014, 11:49:54 am »

I agree. You should suggest it. I'd like a change like that.
I suppose I'll try to find a place to do that, then.

Edit: Done.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:55:47 am by Elephant Parade »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2014, 11:51:43 am »

I did not take the advice and died.  I had nothing much to lose and wanted to see exactly how the death worked anyway.

It seems it works terribly.  As in you die but it dosn't actually calculate the penalty until after you log in next.

So in my case die>rat king dies>+800 xp>I visit the site>*YOU HAVE DIED!>-820xp- all the gold

That does not seem right...at all.  I fixed it with the fix self button but there better be a damn good reason why they can't tell if the boss died before or after I died.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2014, 12:20:01 pm »

The reason is that the site is terribly, terribly designed. You should point out this issue to them.

I also had an issue with the rat king dying: it bumped me up over the mark for the next level, but didn't actually give me the level until I completed another task. Makes me wonder if people who should have gained more than one level might not have gotten them.

I'm so torn now. The idea of this site is such genius, but the implementation is one of the worst I have ever seen in my life. And they just have their hands over their ears, completely unwilling to fix it. If anyone with coding skills is up for trying to re-do this idea in a way that works, I have actually planned out everything we would need already. I wish I had the skills to do it myself...

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2014, 12:27:49 pm »

I gained multiple levels, so that works at least.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2014, 02:54:31 pm »

A twenty-one day streak gets you a little medal thingy. Interesting.

Also, the design of this site also bothers me, but I don't have time to think about an alternative any more. If this had happened a few months ago...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31