Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Have you figured out underground travel?  (Read 1272 times)

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Have you figured out underground travel?
« on: July 09, 2014, 06:47:42 pm »

So I started underground with a plan to go west. The roads seem to only go east, and the travel map is not really letting me leave the roads very often. Not sure why. How would I get to the surface? The underground portion of the travel maps is hard to figure out.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Have you figured out underground travel?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 05:05:06 pm »

I seriously need outside help with this. What does an escape from the tunnels look like?
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 06:43:26 pm »

So I started underground with a plan to go west. The roads seem to only go east, and the travel map is not really letting me leave the roads very often. Not sure why. How would I get to the surface? The underground portion of the travel maps is hard to figure out.
Fortresses or mountainhomes are the only exits, unless you somehow find a way through the caverns to the surface. There will be a ramp in the middle of the tunnel once you find it in non-travel mode, and it will say 'Fortress Entrance' next to the map in travel mode. Watch for GCS. Dey scary.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 11:56:43 pm »

At fortress entraces, there's a < in the midle of the compass. It means you can go up a z-level
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.