Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Fancy" murders in legends?  (Read 771 times)

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Fancy" murders in legends?
« on: July 09, 2014, 06:05:59 pm »

Apparently, legends mode reveals that people can interact with each other in more creative ways then previously, specifically when it comes to killing them:

I don't know how half of these could be accomplish, or even attributed to the right person.
For all I know, situations like the first could be that Kutsmob was punched by an elf, and then drowned the next day, giving credit to the elf.

Then again, these could just be normal murders with artificial flavoring.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Fancy" murders in legends?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 06:24:17 pm »

Old news, I've been hunting down these executioners in 0.34 for awhile now. It seems to be an elf and goblin gimmick. It wasn't very common, though.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:30:23 pm »

Old news, I've been hunting down these executioners in 0.34 for awhile now. It seems to be an elf and goblin gimmick. It wasn't very common, though.

Surprised it still happens then.
Guess even when the world is being simulated in real-time and such, there's still gotta be some more artificial-ish murders.
It was a really young world though, i'm pretty sure there are less then 20 people who weren't around when the world started and then died, and they didn't look like they had these kind deaths, but I only checked about three of them.
So these might only happen during world-gen.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 07:05:17 pm »

These executions happen when one civ conquers a site of another civ after winning a battle. Then they proceed to massacre some defenders for fun and profit.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.