Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 78

Author Topic: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD IC Thread  (Read 56728 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD IC Thread
« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2014, 09:39:29 pm »

"Well... Okay?" the Monk says before, you assume anyways, going back to their prayer. Newly formed plan in your head you join the others minus Richye.

With Richye

You are still looking out towards the noise. Well, there used to be noise. Now you can see distant leaves moving unnaturally. You cannot see any goblins, but they are obviously closer. You suspect that there are 5 minutes before they arrive.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 04, 2014, 10:00:02 pm »

Jernak does a sleight of hand check to hide his dagger on his person
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 04, 2014, 10:01:41 pm »

Jernak has more than enough time of preparation to easily hide the dagger on his person. Dagger thus hidden, he ponders what to do next.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2014, 10:14:56 pm »

Kyle goes to hide in a tree.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 04, 2014, 10:16:35 pm »

"I have an idea, we could pour oil in the said bottleneck and use it to our advantage using scare tactics with fire and well, the obvious burning. If anyone else could help with things to soften the threat it would only mean more relations between us and Captain Gray. Plus things are going to be obviously better."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 04, 2014, 10:21:57 pm »

"Bloodshed, more and more of it comes, might as well take it. Fightings not the only thing I would do and its thr reason I cam- Ah whatever." Jernak mutters to himself. Drawing his rapier he smirks as he passed Lora. He drops his pack, pot, and hides his dagger on his person.1 "Hmm, but it would be a bit harder to do ranged combat or fall back in a corridor. But if we were to somehow enclose on some of them or set up something so soften them up... What kind of magic can you do wizard? Anything that can help with my thoughts?" Jernak looks at Vicnan with a look with seemingly trust and respect 
"I have a few spells that can control a battlefield, and I can summon a extraplanar creature to our side. Also," and he smiles at this, "I can enlarge one of us. It's something I've been meaning to try for a while."

"I have an idea, we could pour oil in the said bottleneck and use it to our advantage using scare tactics with fire and well, the obvious burning. If anyone else could help with things to soften the threat it would only mean more relations between us and Captain Gray. Plus things are going to be obviously better."
"While that is a good idea, I worry that we might risk damaging the building."

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 04, 2014, 10:34:08 pm »

"Enlarge? Now I'm interested, care to explain?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 05, 2014, 12:39:54 am »

"I can double a person in size. While the spell in itself is very complex, as one could imagine; the goal is to double a creature in size while still retaining all essential functions, the premise is very simple. The main problems that a caster of such a spell faces is that of keeping the internal organs from failing, due to increased size. While the bone and muscular structures are easy to scale up in density and strength, respectively, the cardiovascular and nervous systems pose greater challenges." Vicnan has said this all in one breath, slowly speeding up. He draws a big breath and continues rambling until interrupted.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 05, 2014, 10:34:04 am »

Kyle goes to hide in a tree.

You find a tree around 20' tall with a decent amount of foliage that will hide you from those who aren't looking for you but will give you a pretty decent view of the soon to be battle field. Taking a few seconds to prepare you reach out and begin climbing. You begin your slow ascent [19] and get nearly 8 feet up. You continue climbing [14] but need to stop as your hands begin to slip. After regaining your hand-holds [9] you begin ascending again only to slip and fall! Unfortunately for Kyle he lands poorly, injuring his arm slightly. [-4]

4 minutes and 42 Seconds

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 05, 2014, 06:41:21 pm »

Once more. If I fail again then preparations are ready.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 05, 2014, 06:45:49 pm »

Well that was painful, but the tree is too good of a spot to hide. You decide to give it another try. Grabbing a decent spot on the tree [4+5] your hand slips off. Whiping the sweat off of your palms, for it is a bad idea to climb a tree with sweaty palms, you go for another grab [11+5] and this time you ascend slowly but carefully. With 12 feet left to go [19+5] you easily climb to near the top of the tree. Up here there are branches to grab onto and you even see one that will support your weight! Reaching out one last time [20+5] you clamber up eight more feet and eagerly climb onto the branch that you picked out. You are now 20' above the soon to be battle field. None too soon as well! There are only 4 minutes and 12 seconds. Looking out into the forest you are starting to pick out a few glimpses of gleaming metal.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 05, 2014, 06:49:45 pm »

Kyle draws his bow and waits for arrival.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 05, 2014, 06:51:03 pm »

Wondering why the hell it's taking Vicnan so long, he runs in to find him.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:00:12 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 05, 2014, 06:57:04 pm »

"Okay, don't have to get all the details, but I hope we can beat some goblin scum. And the "extraplanar creature" as you say can be done at a range right?" Jernak uses a pint of oil at the bottleneck

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 05, 2014, 07:40:43 pm »

Richye: Annoyed at how long it's taking the wizard you run inside only to see him standing there with the others discussing strategy. So... That means the general layout is something like:

Spoiler: Mental Map (click to show/hide)

Jernak: Dashing off to the designated bottleneck you pour a pint of oil on the entryway. It spreads out. Slick and thin.

Judging from the sounds within the forest the group reaches the conclusion that they have a little less than 4 minutes left to prepare.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:43:06 pm by Nerjin »

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 78