Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 78

Author Topic: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD IC Thread  (Read 56650 times)

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
Re: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD IC Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 10:40:35 pm »

"Crocodiles? Out of everything I've heard of... I guess you could practice un' the rats, git a rat to do your bidding a crocodile then wouldn't seem far off. Hell, then you could move onto turtles and crabs and you just scale up from there."
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 10:41:41 pm »

"Well, they can swim and they can stay on land ya know so..."

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 10:59:29 pm »

"What I'm saying is for you to get more experienced with taming animals is to start small and easy, like turtles, rats, and crabs."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 11:00:12 pm »

Kyle thinks for a moment before going to try taming a rat.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 11:01:29 pm »

"The trouble might be catching it...Mate."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 11:23:49 pm »

While he is rather offended at the implication that he is a pirate, Vicnan tries to hide it by stuffing his face intently in his notes, as he is on a pirate ship.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 11:54:02 pm »

Jernak glances at the halfling
 "And you halfling? Are you some sort of thief, medic, or some sort of rogue-ish type? What kind of skills and abilities do you offer?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 12:28:34 am »

With an eyebrow raised, Vicnan closes his spellbook. "I will ignore your prejudices against my people. Do you not recognize me by my spellbook?"
The book in quiestion has obviously seen much use by many previous owners. With tattered pages and faded cover, it may once have had 'mystical symbols' painted on the front, but that, along with most of the writing inside, has been bleached gray.
Still, he pulls himself up to his full 3' 11" height and thrusts the spellbook under his arm, clearing his hands for arcane purposes. "Obviously not. A demonstration is in order, then. Prestidigitation!"
And with that, Jernak's holy symbol transforms into a carrot on string.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 12:40:05 am »

Lora half-nods at Jernak, "Aye, ye could put it like that. Suffice ta say that I was encouraged out o' me home town."

She pauses at Vicnan's display, pursing her lips, "I dinnae know much o' magic, but are ye sure it's wise to use it so trivially?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 12:42:39 am »

"Huh, at least I now have some sort of better nutrition than hardtack. And prejudices? Not many from scholarly backgrounds take passage on a pirate ship, and I don't like to snoop in ones reading material. Most people on a pirate ship come from rogue-ish backgrounds, and again I mentioned you being a sort of medic. Jernak stands up and looks down at the halfling, and then kneels and looks at his face "Apologies if I offended you, I was simply curious of your standing on the ship. I hope I have not disrespected you." Jernak then looks down and then back to the halfling "May we start afresh? Have a mutual relationship, you might not be so comfortable surrounded by ruffians like me. If you would need something out of a crewman and maybe even friend ask me. Apologies, again."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 01:01:40 am »

She pauses at Vicnan's display, pursing her lips, "I dinnae know much o' magic, but are ye sure it's wise to use it so trivially?"
"The practice of one's abilities is never done in vain."

-snip-
Vicnan quickly realizes that he lost controls of his emotions and that amends could and should be made. He'd be loathe to say it directly, though.
"Ah, I see your logic now. I see that my anger was misplaced. Many halflings take up a rogue-ish life, so I mistook your meaning.
Yes, I would appreciate a fresh start. I believe that I will come to appreciate your offers. The apologies are unnecessary.
"
With a small murmur and a wave of the hand the holy symbol returns to its original state.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2014, 02:51:05 pm »

Richye merely stands around, drinking from a mug of ale and looking upon the ocean.

"..."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2014, 03:07:41 pm »

"Captain!" you hear a man shouting from the crowsnest.

"What!?" Captain Grey's tired sounding voice comes from the second level.

"I spot a merchant ship, I think a Cog, approaching us fast."

There is a brief pause in the exchange. Glancing over you see Captain Grey counting on his fingers. For what purpose you don't know, but the smile shows his intentions easily "What's the design o' the flag?"

Another brief pause. Taking a quick peek over the side of the boat, like many of the pirates were doing, you noticed that the other ship appeared to be the exact same basic design though the wood was much darker. Odd choice...

"It appears to be a snake of some sort."

There was a brief pause "Well mates, it looks like we're gettin' us some plunder! Our passengers are welcome to it as well if they prove themselves!" Captain Grey was directing the last part at some of you. It appears he wasn't adverse to temporary help. "Let's show these upstart sea-dogs what happens when you try to play with the big boys! Get prepared to board!"

Taking another glance backwards it appeared that the other ship was much faster, perhaps by arcane means? Never-the-less the boats had at most four minutes before battle was joined.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2014, 03:09:29 pm »

Kyle sighs and gets to higher ground after donning his armor and weapons. He draws his bow and knocks an arrow before waiting for the other ship to come in range.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2014, 03:28:28 pm »

Richye makes a quick jump of intuition and figures that if they're coming at us and have a snake on their flag, they're anything but merchants. He mutters to himself.

"Blood and ashes. Coming right at us? Sounds like more pirates. Blood and ashes."

Richye then pulls out his spiked chain.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 78