Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 78

Author Topic: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD IC Thread  (Read 56662 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD IC Thread
« Reply #945 on: December 11, 2014, 07:47:32 pm »

"Actually... We should check her pockets. Might have a clue."

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 11, 2014, 07:52:43 pm »

"Good idea..."
Use my Sleight of Hand to search Lora's pockets
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 11, 2014, 07:59:58 pm »

"If'n ya wanted a feel...  coulda juss ask'd..." Lora mumbles, feebly batting at the prying hands, "s'rude ye bl..."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 11, 2014, 08:22:13 pm »

Vicnan nudges Lora again. "What happened to you?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 11, 2014, 08:32:52 pm »

"If'n ya wanted a feel...  coulda juss ask'd..." Lora mumbles, feebly batting at the prying hands, "s'rude ye bl..."
"Noted. Anyways, we were trying to figure out how you got poisoned."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 11, 2014, 09:30:42 pm »

"Wossat? 's... som'thin an' I don' rightly 'member..." Lora trails off, slightly glassy-eyed, "...'n then I's sleep-yer than... 'alf-dead sloth. Was lots o' colors 'n a big ol' hallway wiv shinies."

3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 11, 2014, 09:32:02 pm »

"I don't think we'll get anything out of her yet."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 11, 2014, 09:44:27 pm »

"I don't suppose ye be having something for this sort of situation Brother?"

"Anything we had was lost in the fire... But... She should be fine. Give her a few more hours and it will be out of her system. Most of the poisons you could make on that island wouldn't do this to someone. This poison was meant for capture. Otherwise she'd be dead already."

"A shame the lass couldn't pilfer whatever it was. Seems right useful." with a sigh the Captain continued "I don't suppose your boys there could be of any use on the ship? My lads aren't likely to take too kindly to freeloaders."

"We are skilled in the healing arts as well as in various forms of carpentry and trade. We can read as well though I'm not sure if that's uncommon for your 'lads'."

"Aye, I think we'll find a use fer ya. Just don't cause any trouble."

"I won't brother."

"I told you not to call me that. I am Captain Grey from here on out Brother. You and your lads are part of my crew for the forseeable future."

"Aye aye Captain." This was the first time you've heard something so closely resembling Sarcasm from Brother Isotini.

Looking to the front of the boat you notice the ship getting bigger and bigger. You should be there soon. Maybe you should plan what you'll do once you get on the boat.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 11, 2014, 09:52:14 pm »

Vicnan is going to copy down his new spells and ignore everything else.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 11, 2014, 10:08:54 pm »

Eileen will help the injured monks. Afterward, she'll retire to her room with Ylva.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 11, 2014, 10:15:11 pm »

Lora will drag herself to her cabin and sleep.

3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 11, 2014, 10:16:43 pm »

Kyle is going to help around the ship, maybe talk about what happened. Not what really happened though. Embellishment and all that.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 17, 2014, 03:52:09 pm »

Go on with improving my relations around the ship by doing favors, other people's work (If they allow me to), and as much hard work I can do
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 18, 2014, 02:02:17 pm »

The next three weeks pass in a boring tedious fashion. You're starting to learn that the life of a pirate is little more than waiting for a ship. However, there were a few interesting changes within the crew since the incident at The Sheath.

Vicnan saw the least of it. Despite a few inquiries by one of the monks about Vicnan's master there wasn't much change as the Halfling merely sat inside his cabin most days.

Eileen and Ylva, on the other hand, started becoming decent friends with the monks aboard the ship. They would discuss with her the applications of various medicinal herbs and she, in turn, would tell them about her own tricks. Once or twice they attempted to pet Ylva but that never went well with the wolf nipping at their hands.

Lora was much like Vicnan so far as socializing. However, her prowess with two rapiers was noted around the ship and she was often sought out for pointers. A lot of the crew also took stabs at romancing her. She was happy to give points and stabs to both pursuits and soon the crew learned to avoid harassing her if she didn't wish for it to be the case.

Kyle was soon adopted as something of a mascot though. Thanks to his tall tales the group was viewed as heroes aboard the ship. His assistance also made him very much enjoyed because he lightened the load.

Jernak, however, became the most popular by far. Not so much for anything in particular but rather what he had done. No one likes hard work. The man's willingness to accept any task asked of him caused him to be much sought out. Almost everyone on the boat owed him a favor or two by the time the three weeks had passed.

But it was Brother Isotini and Captain Grey who caused the most waves around the ship. The two brothers could often be heard arguing about bringing something or another to the Grand Navy. Surprisingly it was Captain Grey who insisted that the Navy needed to be warned [so far as you could gather] while Brother Isotini was too worried about Captain Grey's safety to allow that course of action.

It was on a drizzly Thursday that Captain Grey announced that the crew would be heading towards The Fist next. None of you really knew much about the Fist aside from it's warrior origins. Never-the-less the crew seemed incredibly bored and unhappy with the lack of combat on this journey. Captain Grey was often known for his aggressive piracy and the fact that in a month and a half of travel only one boat had been attacked was a sore spot for the crew.

The very next day Captain Grey summoned the lot of you to his quarters. The man he sent to collect you urged you that the incident was urgent.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 18, 2014, 02:06:50 pm »

Kyle of course goes without question. If the captain wants him the captain gets him.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 78