Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 78

Author Topic: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD IC Thread  (Read 56755 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD IC Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2014, 02:20:55 pm »

Three days pass without incident. Kyle and Eileen continue to discuss the various aspects of the wild. A friendship is fast forming between the two.

Lora's attempts at finding poison ingredients earns her the nickname 'Deathblossom' among the crew. Several of the crewmembers have suggested that she wait until the reach a port as no one is particularly interested in the exchange of her gems at market price. She is often met with the reply of "I want to make money off of the trade lass." when she attempts these trades. Thus, she is forced to make due with no poison making supplies and far too many gems.

Eileen has apparently altered her appearance. On the left side of her head there is a small section of hair missing. Most assume it is from playing with Ylva, which she does upon occasion. Fifemonkey remains secure in the knowledge that Eileen is his master. Aside from that he simply spends his days playing his fife. Many of the crew are becoming fond of him as his playing helps break the monotony of working a ship.

Vicnan seems to be quite withdrawn, though that is nothing new so far as you can tell. He seems to keep his spellbook very close by. He has asked Eileen a few questions about her magic but on the whole tends to read more than talk.

Jernak, meanwhile, is the opposite. Everyone on the crew has grown to like him due to his penchant for taking on the difficult and boring tasks aboard the ship. Captain Grey himself has started becoming fonder of the young man though his half-orc second mate Urogosh remains silent on the manner. In fact, Urogosh appears to have never spoken to anyone on the crew, Jernak gathers.

Richye spends his time being gentlemanly. Well, as gentlemanly as he can be on a pirate ship.

The winds have been most kind to you on this journey. Captain Grey states that there should only be a single day left before you reach The Sheath. This being the case he asks each of you to prepare yourselves for a battle. Asking around you find that similar orders have not been given to the rest of the crew. It is very strange, all things considered.

The group currently finds themselves in the Captain's Quarters with Captain Grey and Urogosh. Captain Grey has asked you to meet with him to discuss the finer points of what he will be asking you to do. Urogosh has thus far remained silent.

All characters have reached full health through rest and various magical healings administered via Eileen.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:26:51 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2014, 03:04:51 pm »

Richye breaks the ice.

"What in the world is it you want us to do, and how likely are our deaths during it?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2014, 04:24:14 pm »

"Watch yourself bard." Captain Grey says in a bit too harsh of a tone "This is likely to be the most important thing you ever do. The Sheath is, as you probably know, a small island inhabited by mostly monsterous races. Orcs, Goblins, Kobolds... That sort of thing. However, in recent years a small monastary has been built there. We're going to help some monks."

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 29, 2014, 04:31:01 pm »

Jernak looking straight into Captain Grey eyes "Monks? How will they help us, they have no things to offer other than food and a bed. The same thing you do to us. How would helping some monks further you and this ship?" Jernak tries to be very polite and friendly as he says this
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 29, 2014, 04:45:29 pm »

"How it helps this ship is none of your concern boy!" Captain Grey explodes "Don't you worry about payment. I will pay you for services rendered and if I hear one word of you trying to extort the monks I will have you keelhauled!" Captain Grey's face was a very dark red but after a few seconds the color began draining from his face "I apologize. I apologize." he said taking a deep break "If it is pay you are worrying about I meant what I said. I will pay each of you a hefty sum if we are able to help these monks properly. Even if we can't you will gain something out of all this. Needless to say this trip is very important. The six of you seem the most compent on the ship aside from Urogosh and Myself. I do not know the exact details of what this will require. But I've seen your group fight. I know you can handle this."

Kyle, Richye, and Eileen: You notice that Captain Grey seems worried. Less so when he is speaking of the combat but seems rather worried about the prospect of Jernak exploiting the monks.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 29, 2014, 04:50:59 pm »

"I am sorry if I have offended you somehow but I plan on being a crew of yours for a while now, for reasons I'd rather not explain. I simply want to know how things would fit for everyone in the future. Apologies. But what do these monks need exactly? I want to be prepared, I'd imagine these monks are of your faith and you wish to protect them. Correct?"
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 29, 2014, 05:00:25 pm »

Richye is pretty fine with the prospect of beating up some monsters and helping some random people he didn't know for money.

"Cool. I'll go get some stuff prepared for the trip."

He then roguishly tips his hat and jumps out of the quarters like a true gentleman. He proceeds to collect his chain and to hide all of his daggers in his boots, pockets, and, in particular, in his coat sleeves. ((Taking 20 on this because I'm not rushed.))
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 29, 2014, 05:17:34 pm »

"My faith? Ha, no they are not. Why I want to help them isn't important. No, what does matter is that there are goblins raiding the monastery. In the letter I received this was made out to be an odd occurrence. I'm afraid I don't know more than that. We will likely reach land by nightfall, if the winds continue to favor us. I pray that they do... Try to be ready for whatever lies ahead. We won't be leaving The Sheath until this issue has been resolved."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 29, 2014, 05:25:47 pm »

Kyle nods.
"Aye."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2014, 09:50:08 pm »

"I've nae got a problem wiv helpin' monks, not for a bit o' coin," Lora smirks, "Nor if it means a spot o' fighting on the side."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:47:07 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 29, 2014, 10:20:55 pm »

Monks were solid, quiet people. Vicnan felt relaxed that he would soon find himself in the company of more... civilized people, away from the thieves and murderers aboard this ship. And as a religious man himself, he felt honor-bound to assist the pious.
"I have some business in the Sheath that I must attend to first."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 30, 2014, 11:17:53 pm »

"Then it works out for everyone. Oh, and one last word of advice: Do not go into the jungles without a guide. You will die. I don't care how good with a blade you think you are, the jungles WILL kill you."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 30, 2014, 11:24:59 pm »

"Despite what one would think I'm not that fond of forests. I don't hate them but still."

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 31, 2014, 12:45:52 am »

"Just to be able to see a tree again..." Eileen smiles at the thought. She eagerly trots off to gather her things.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 31, 2014, 03:09:16 pm »

So, with every party member heading off to prepare themselves, a day passed without incident. As Captain Grey predicted there was less than a day left between the Pirates and The Sheath. Many of the men were a little more than shocked when Captain Grey chose not to prepare a raiding party. Instead he said:

"I will be heading ashore with these six." he gestured to the party with his left hand "And we will be spending several days here preparing for the next leg of our trip. Suffice to say, you will be overlooked by Urogosh. You two," Captain Grey motioned to two men "Will be rowing us ashore. You will then row back here. After seven days have passed you will come to the island and check in. Those are your orders. Any questions?"

Apparently, there were none.

Looking at the island you were somewhat surprised at how serene it was. The trees of the jungle were everywhere, save for a small spot upon which sat the Monastery. The Monastery itself was beautiful, in its own way, and constructed entirely out of a gorgeous dark wood. Looking at it you saw that it was quite a bit larger than The Sunhammer and much taller. Roughtly 20' at the tallest point. The sloped roof seemed designed to allow water to run off of it easily. Though, the building seemed in fine shape. What sort of goblin raids left this place injured?

Based on the outside, what you can see, and from Captain Grey's oddly detailed accounting of the inside you can conjure up a pretty accurate map in your head including the sea, sand, trees, grass, Garden at the south end of the monastery, as well as the path out back that leads into the jungle.

Spoiler: Monastery (click to show/hide)

Still, you have a few moments before you will land. Now would be the best time for some true last minute preparations.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:12:06 pm by Nerjin »

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 78