Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78

Author Topic: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD IC Thread  (Read 56634 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
"Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD IC Thread
« on: July 09, 2014, 12:40:58 pm »

OOC thread – All OOC Conversation goes here.

The lapse of waves upon The Sunhammer was a somewhat relaxing sound that you didn’t really expect from a pirate ship. You expected constant killing. Constant death and pillaging. Instead, you were five days out from Harlesh, a small port city within Alajesh, and roughly two weeks from the next stop in The Sheath. Your reasons for being on this ship were your own. You had no friends here. You had no allies. Only Captain Grey’s, a 65 year old human in the most stereotypical pirate garb you could imagine, word that you will come to no harm.

Still… You notice that the crew has been nothing but cordial. Perhaps on the Captain’s orders? Never-the-less as time has gone on you’ve noticed that everyone seems to be getting more worried. Rumors of a Kraken in these waters have the superstitious Captain on edge. His first mate, a vicious looking half-orc who you’ve never heard talk to anyone, simply gestures at you to quit your snooping. Judging by his annoyed visage you feel like it might be best to do so.

Kyle: Your rather ambivalent views towards piracy made paying the low price for transport a rather appealing idea. You certainly refused to pay the excruciating amount of gold the Merchants were offering and your hatred of the Grand Navy ruled them out straight away. Still, where and why you are here is your own business you figure.

Vicnan: You are rather annoyed at Prinn the Grey for telling you to go on this ship. In his customary way of telling you ‘Go on this boat and don’t forget your tithes. If you need any help just ask but please don’t need any help’. He hadn’t even explained why he was getting on a different ship. You assumed he had a task for you but… He did things his own way. You assumed he would teleport or send if he needed you to do something more specific. For now you could only hope that travelling with pirates would get you the money needed to stop being his servant for the rest of your life. More like his, but you never know. He might be immortal.

Richye: Pirates are rapscallions. You have no small distaste for them. They offend your honor, kidnap you, and force you into slavery. You managed to escape. Now, however, due to a lack of funds and a few misunderstandings about why you were in the countesses room you are forced to offload your loot in order to afford passage to more hospitable places. It figures that your first good deed in a long time would be enough to get you a death penalty sentence were it not for your exceedingly dashing and charming ability to run away like a true gentleman. Really, you were honestly just moving the jewels from her magically locked drawer to a more secure location. Some people simply looked for what they wanted. Still, that’s behind you… For now.

Lora: You’ve enjoyed your share of ‘land-piracy’ since childhood. However, as time passed you found the sea to be a bit more admirable. Especially since the guard in your home-town have become more hostile as of late. Better to get out of dodge early than to jump with a rope around your neck. Still, Captain Grey seems a bit more orderly than you had imagined when you agreed to sign up with his crew for an indeterminate amount of time. He has given you permission to leave whenever you like, so long as you leave on good terms and don’t try to take more treasure than is rightfully yours, as well as free roam of the ship for the first week. That’s nearly over and you notice the Half-Orc first mate has become much more… hostile towards those who aren’t assisting. Even worse you’ve yet to see a single golden coin that you didn’t already have.

Jernak: You’ve been a pirate for years. At least, you tell others that, your actual past is less interesting. A few murders here. A few bar-fights that escalated into mass murders there. Nothing really special. Now, on the run from some guards, you’ve decided to sign on under Captain Grey. Eventaully you’d like to be your own pirate captain or some such. BUT for now that’s only a pipe-dream. You like being brutal but you’re not stupid. For now you need Grey alive. But any Grand Navy ships that come your way? Less necessary.

Done reflecting on your past, you muse that it’s odd that you did that just now, you decide to examine the ship. Including you there are 30 people on The Sunhammer which is double the amount needed to run it. The Sunhammer itself is a well maintained 50’x20’ Cog-built vessel that has apparently been in the captains possession for quite some time. You know that you share a small cabin with a few other people. Together, as a joke, you drew out a map of what you think The Sunhammer looks like.

Over the course of these few days you’ve realized that each member of the group stuck inside what you’ve designated “Home” are from different backgrounds and wildly varying names. Kyle, a man who claims to be a ranger. Vicnan Graveltoes, a Strongheart Halfling claiming to be an apprentice of some mage or another. Richye Kyne, who claims to be nothing but a Human gentleman bard. Lora Seaworthy, obviously a criminal of some sort, but appears to be human. Finally, there is Jernak Pyicey who claims to be a swashbuckler.

Despite your growing familiarity with those in your cabin you can’t say you know them too well or would even be opposed to leaving them. A day of jokingly drawing a map isn’t much to bond over. As for now… Well you have other things on your mind. Matters and goals to pursue Upon the High Seas.

Quote from: Current Status
Time: Roughly Noon
Weather: Bright, Sunny, Breezy
Wind: 5mph, West
Heading: North-West
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 12:57:27 pm »

Lora yawns, stretching. "Du-ulll~ I thought this'un was supposed to be a piratical sort of gig. Where's the action, and where's the gold?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 01:04:30 pm »

Kyle gives Lora a distasteful look.
"I for one would be fine with no action on this trip. Although I do agree that things are getting boring."

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 01:14:26 pm »

Jernak looks around himself and back to the others and cringes at what they're saying.
"A sailors life is full of hard work and dullness, the same for a pirate. A pirate may have moments of action and perhaps even more wealth, the real difference is the life of piracy is simply more free. The average ship is a country of it's own, and the captain it's dictator, here all pirates are equals."
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 04:32:23 pm »

((The Hand of Nerjin watches. And waits.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 06:32:43 pm »

Vicnan looks up from his studies with a glare. "Boring is far superior to murder, theft and the risk of death."

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 07:15:59 pm »

Jernak smiles at the halfling
"We all get a share of the loot, along the excitement between these bursts of murder, theft, and life risks." Jernak takes off his armor and places his lantern, oil, bedroll, artisan tools, and crowbar in his personal chest. Jernak then looks around the room then hesitates but manages to say... "Might I ask what skills and abilities every one here brings to the table? There must be a reason you've been allowed on here." Jernak looks at the halfling  "As some of you don't seem like one to work the decks and even if they do, to stay true to the watches"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 07:20:08 pm »

"As you know I'm a ranger. I am skilled with my weapons, rope, and riding but... I doubt there's much of that last one at sea."

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 07:27:09 pm »

"Aye, I've been a pirate for years, maybe made the guards a bit angry at me. I'm a good fighter, as a swashbuckler I'm good with being at the seas especially with my background as a pirate. I know how to make weapons, so if you need some more arrows when at sea, just ask me. I could also make darts and knives, perhaps even swords if I put my mind to it."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 10:01:36 pm »

Lora waggles her eyebrows at Kyle, "Riding and ropes? More o' that than ye might reckon, eh boya? At least if the stories bespeak the truth. And what business have any o' ye actin' all queasy 'bout a little looting, considering that ye've all signed on ta the crew o' this fine vessel? Or dinnae ye?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 10:02:49 pm »

Kyle gives her an odd look.
"Alright... you do know I'm just a passenger right?"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:04:43 pm by kj1225 »

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 10:13:01 pm »

"Passenger? must of been cheap, considering you've been thrown into crew-quarters. Do you have plans with doing any sort of business at least? I told you my skills at the most" Jernak then faces Lora "I suppose your in the piracy and plundering work too, and perhaps we could help each other with our own skills. Simply for mutual benefit, and maybe more gold coins in our pockets."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 10:16:23 pm »

"I'm good with animals, I also am good at spoting things and climbing. It all comes with being a ranger you know."

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 10:28:15 pm »

"So what, ye be taking passenger surrounded by filthy sailors and pirates and would much prefer to be in the forests? One might say the crew are animals in them selves, but there's always the roaches and rats that are aboard. Maybe you'll take a fancy training them. I'm just glad yer not un' of em' priests who'll try to teach us "Order" or somesuch." He starts shaking his head mumbling how he hated the priest who tried to change his ways. He finally sighs and looks up at the "ranger".

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 10:32:38 pm »

"Actually I much prefer the oceans and all who are in it. Once I get more experienced I'm getting a crocodile. I was even thinking of getting training as a druid... Don't know where to find one to teach me though."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78