Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Favourite new features  (Read 9690 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite new features
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2014, 03:57:23 am »

I like climbing too much. I love how I don't to need to worry about ramps everywhere anymore, if I dig a channel my dwarves just climb out of them.

I was building a moat outside my fortress and there was some problem with an early flooding of it, and the dwarves there just climbed their way out.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2014, 04:20:52 am »

Exploding birds  :P and the New Trees are the big ones but I like everything that is new.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2014, 05:53:26 am »

Oh yeah, the sexual orientations too.  They're nice in vanilla dwarf mode, but the mechanic gets really interesting when you're mod in new races, or even change existing ones to simulate different cultural practices.

Are we modding the elves into being super gay already?

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2014, 06:07:55 am »

Oh yeah, the sexual orientations too.  They're nice in vanilla dwarf mode, but the mechanic gets really interesting when you're mod in new races, or even change existing ones to simulate different cultural practices.

Are we modding the elves into being super gay already?

at least 5 times gayer than the average dwarf.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2014, 03:22:47 am »

The new IS_SECRET_GOALs are really nice and the attack raws and gaits giving so much more freedom and the storytelling capability increasing so much and the ability to make creatures have different sexual orientation matrices and oh man.

are the new secret goals functional though? I tried making a couple interactions with em but I didn't see them come up in any of the worlds I made.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2014, 03:31:02 am »

I like how birches now have white trunks.

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2014, 08:48:01 pm »

The new movement system, dialogue, stealth (needs to be worked on) and pretty much everything. It's all new and cool.
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2014, 04:09:54 pm »

I like the different options for attacks, even if they seem to be slightly buggy.

I used a powerful (or whatever it's called) kick on a cougar, and its head exploded.  I guess I had maxed out the strength of that adventurer, but that still seems a bit much.  He also exploded various body parts of other opponents before succumbing to the inevitable crashing of DF (I tried to visit a retired fortress).

Visiting a retired fortress and having it still be alive and working would be my favorite feature, but that has caused DF to crash every time I've tried.  I really want to make an adventurer lead the fortress guards in a siege of the nearest goblin tower...

Saram-61-97-kon

• Bay Watcher
  • cum hoc ergo propter hoc
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2014, 01:32:40 pm »

The new placement of doors!

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2014, 09:09:52 pm »

not a feature but I'm really enjoying the fact that people dont just sort of respawn or duplicate after you kill them and leave the area.
c: I greatly enjoy wiping out the populations of hamlets/forest retreats etc, so that I may destroy them and bring upon this world the age of dwarves!
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2014, 09:31:19 pm »

The new placement of doors!
What do you mean?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2014, 04:35:42 am »

Just had my first outpost liaison in fortress mode give me an update on the living world.  Seems like some human army called the Witches of Clasping is going all Genghis Khan on my civilisation! Time to switch production to weapons and armour......
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2014, 09:29:34 am »

I really like how the liaison meetings are really quick now.

Saram-61-97-kon

• Bay Watcher
  • cum hoc ergo propter hoc
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2014, 02:19:23 pm »

You can place doors now only adjacent to one wall, not to two. So you have more placement possibilities. And another feature is, that in masterwork-creation-messages now is displayed, what is created.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2014, 03:43:11 pm »

You could do that before.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6