Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG III  (Read 13928 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG III
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2014, 06:14:00 am »

The Mira returns Fia’s gaze steadily.
 ’I believe that ice wall was your work? We destroyed a wall, and stunned a handful of people. You tore a building apart by its foundations, and could have killed everyone inside. That is precisely what I would prevent. And the drow has the right of it. No magic, no mages, no monsters.’ She rises, stepping besides Gunnar, and waits for a reaction.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2014, 06:24:22 am »

"You are talking of monster and magic but you are using brute force. Who knows what could happen if that thing the blow the wall walk right into the group of people? That Gunnar of your is no less monster than thoses you wish to stop. What make you say that yor goal is to bring peace."
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2014, 06:24:57 am »

"Ya find the source of magic, kill it, then magic's gone?"

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2014, 07:58:49 am »

Gunnar seems to bristle at Fia’s words, standing a little straighter and glaring at her as Floe speaks.
 ’I would advise against calling Gunnar a thing.’ She frowns before continuing. ’That was a risk, yes. But if a handful of innocents must die for thousands to live, is that not right?’
 She turns then to Ulten, and nods. ’No more magic. At least, that’s the plan. It hasn’t exactly been done before.’
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2014, 08:55:26 am »

Spooner looks quite bemused.

"That's the stupidest goddamn thing I've ever heard. Stupider than most things I've had the great pleasure of sayin', too. Not because I don't think it's possible, 'cause it probably is, I dunno. But why'd you wanna get rid o' magic of all things? That's like sayin' we need to outlaw fire because, when ya examine the facts and whatnot, one hundred percent of the cases of arson happenin' involve it, and people die in those a lot. I's true, y'know, but we ain't gonna outlaw fire. Fire's warm an' stuff, and ya can cook stuff with it, and i's part of the natural world, it is, even if ya can mix quicklime into pitch and make fire so nasty, it'll kill yer whole family twice. An' magic's the same. Anythin' ya break with it, ya can also fix. Ya can use it ta make food, heal wounds, save people, protect villages and all that other stuff that's all fine an' proper. I myself know two runes o' magic, and neither one ya can use ta kill people unless yer some kinda psycho that spends all day thinkin' 'bout that."

"When ya look at it, yer problem is assholes, not magic. People who get their houses burned down's problem is arsonists, not fire. Skewered guy's problem is the guy that skewered 'im, not steel. And if ya pretend that ain't the way it is, well, guess who's got a massive case of shit for brains? Go kill people in Varden, or execute their families, or piss on their dogs, or whatever's gonna make yer severed ears, dead little sisters, tiny heads or whatever other shit ya use as an excuse feel better. Take it out on shit that's actually relevant and doing no good ta anyone, not the concept o' magic. Sheesh. What's the matter with ya fools?"

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2014, 09:07:59 am »

Fia look to be deep in thought

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2014, 09:44:50 am »

Yozod takes one last bite of goat before putting what's left of the head down and speaking.

"A question: Are the gods and their miracles magic too?"
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2014, 10:24:47 am »

"Yes."
Anthony is humming as he sets about healing the group.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2014, 10:34:56 am »

’The gods?Some sort. Perhaps the same. Perhaps not. If they are then it would appear I search in vain, for I doubt I could slay a god.’
 She hesitates before replying to the Drow.
 ’When I was a girl I watched my village destroyed by a vast beast. By all rights it should have sunk to the seafloor, but it did not. Ice drifted in its wake, and no blades could pierce its scales. No such thing could exist without magic. My village would still live. When I was a soldier I joined a force to wipe out the last of a demon’s servants - assholes, you might say. All it took was one of them, with a rock and a tree, to burn most all my platoon to ashes. Natural fire causes no such harm. Natural fire can be fought, drowned. Magic cannot. There are runes for death, runes for blood and flame and poison, and all it takes is one pen stroke.
 I cannot slay every person with ill intent in the world. Nor can I extinguish every fire to ever burn. Might be I can put out magic. But now you have my reasons. Do as you will with them, but do something.’

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2014, 10:40:39 am »

"Personally, I think it's a fools errand. Even if one manages to cut down all that publicly use magic and even some who use it in private there are still those that will hide that knowledge away just because people like you exist. And when you're gone they'll set to work undoing your life's work. Raise your arms please."
Anthony says looking around her sides.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2014, 10:41:47 am »

((If Fia is not pacifist, she is going to slap the mira right now :P ))
"So you believe that getting rid of magic with put an end to this chaos? Have you ever thought about other possibilities? What if destroying magic let all the death and soul lose in the world and send us to endless darkness. Messing with magic is like messing with the gods and we mere mortal should not and can not interfere with something on that scale. Even if it get rid of all the death and blood rune, what about all the people that need healing, all the place sustained by magic. Our creation is not less than magically in itself. What if the destruction of magic make all the creature on this place cease to exist? have you ever think about that?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2014, 10:51:06 am »

"Why dontcha kill death instead? Nobody'd hafta die then! Imagine a world like that, eh? And if a beast didn't eat yer village, it'd have been starvation, poverty, disease, armies of another nation. Slave raids. Any number o' things could happen to it. Point is, someone's always dyin' somewhere, and for all the people dyin', there's also people livin'. People get their flesh mended, their lives improved, their broken limbs put back together by magic. Ya can grow life out o' nothin' with it, and make the smallest little cetraria form a giant stand like you ain't never seen. Magic's truth, and it's beauty, and like with both o' those things, it's forever and always gonna hurt people. It's a force ya fear and don't entirely understand, and it's makin' ya an' yer friend a buncha scared animals, lookin' ta put out the light just 'cause it can burn ya."

"How many of ya are there, anyway? How many people fell for this bullshit, ya tell me?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2014, 10:55:11 am »

"It isn't 'bullshit'. It's perfectly logical to try to destroy what you fear. If I was scared that you were out to murder me would you fault me on offing you when we're in private to make sure you can't?"

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2014, 10:55:28 am »

’If. I see what is, and choose to change that, whatever it may bring.’
 She looks down at Anthony as he speaks, irritated, ignoring Ulten completely.
 ’I am uninjured. Leave me be.’
 Gunnar lifts a gauntleted hand to rest on her shoulder, but she pushes it away, and turns, stalking towards the spot where her blades lie on the floor.
 ’I am leaving. Come Gunnar.’ The warrior himself remains still.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2014, 11:14:50 am »

Anthony shrugs and goes to inspect Gunnar.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36