Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG III  (Read 13920 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG III
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2014, 07:35:11 am »

Three figures charged, the smoke thin enough now to identify them. The drow and the protector ran at the first foe, whilst the ogre dashed at the rest, swinging his chain round his head. Both Fia and Anthony grab for knives, and set to work on the table between them. Chance curses and pulls out her dagger, doing much the same, as the drow’s axe falls towards the tube. (10+3v??) The tube is dented, and the point dips towards the dwarf’s chest, but it neither breaks or is dropped. (11+4+3) The warrior’s axe falls at the same time as the darkness, the runes on the ceiling snuffing out leaving only the dim moonlight to try and cut through the smoke. (8/d/10+2v??) Her axe also scrapes along the length of the tube, the sound piercing in the darkness.
 Fia finishes her rune nest, delayed slightly by the darkness. (13+3) A shake causes Yozod to pauses as the floor before him splits, groundwater from beneath spraying up and freezing in front of him. A circular wall now surrounds the party, and the large figure, isolating them from the others. However, the floor feels unstable under their feet. Kyle is the last to finish, the darkness rendering him unsure (10/d/11+4).
 Meanwhile, the large figure returns to motion with a grunt, it lifts the tube back over his shoulder, swinging it in a wide arc. (17v13+5) It just misses Ketsuki, (22v10+4) but takes Ulten straight in the chest, knocking him backwards into the ice wall.. It drops the tube on the dwarf at its feet, before its hands go to a pair of handles on its hips.

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HB/Ulten (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2014, 07:49:18 am »

Fia rush over to the guy with broken rib and heal him to the best of her ability.

(( there no heal rune so i guess it physical or someother kind of magic?))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:57:46 am by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2014, 08:52:13 am »

Jump on the big guy, hopefully tackling him down, disarm him and pin him down.

"Hey, mind helping me get/keep this guy down?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2014, 09:14:56 am »

"Urgh... free... food!"

See if I can get up. Lichens ought to fix me right up later - right now, heroism is paramount! If yes, try to grab that tube - it seems interesting! And if it isn't, throw it away in some direction.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2014, 10:21:14 am »

Toss the table at the big guy.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2014, 12:09:00 pm »

Undeterred by the wall of ice and the shaking floor, Yozod takes a couple of steps back before charging forwards again, this time using his hunk of mast to vault himself over the barrier and into the enemies.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2014, 04:30:30 am »

((Without runic magic for healing, your options are either:
1) prayer (aka divine magic)
2) physical healing -not ideal for the middle of combat
3) anything inspired you come up with ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2014, 04:57:09 am »

((Without runic magic for healing, your options are either:
1) prayer (aka divine magic)
2) physical healing -not ideal for the middle of combat
3) anything inspired you come up with ))
(( umm how do mira healer normally heal other, physical i guess? or maybe hmmm))
Fia rush over to the guy with broken rib and attempt to heal him. She hold the water symbol to the wound and pray?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2014, 05:14:48 pm »

((So I can't attack with both weapons? Huh. ))

She heard the scrape of the axe along the pipe within the smoke and darkness and saw the vague shapes of arms go for something at the figure's waist.

With his arms down, she swung for his neck, the two blades scything like scissors, intending to send the assasliant's head sailing bloodily from it's shoulders...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2014, 01:18:59 pm »

Fia runs to the farmer, pressing the symbol of water to him and beginning to pray.(12/a/9+5) There is another crack as the ribs begin to return to their original positions, but the pain is intense. (6+4) The drow reaches out towards the tube, but the agony of movement forces him to stop short - still, a little progress has been made.
 (5+4) Kyle, out of the main fight, struggles to lift the table before him. However, the attempt puts him off balance, and instead the table flips onto its back, hardly entering the air. Chance has a somewhat similar idea, (5v??) jumping down onto the foe, but with a sweep of its arm it knocks her aside, causing her to land winded on the floor. (15+2v??) Ketsuki seizes the opportunity to swing with both blades at the neck of her foe, exposed as it looks upwards. However, the blades are blocked by its arm as it descends, biting through the mail that armours the elbow and bringing forth blood almost as dark as the metal it flows over.
 The figure roars, deep and loud, as much from rage as pain, before dragging Ketsuki close by the weapons still caught in his flesh. He brings their faces together, and beneath the eye slits are wide pupilled eyes, disproportionately small, staring out from loose black-green skin.
 ’I want the dwarf. Leave, and I’ll forgive the elbow.’
 (12+4) Yozod, meanwhile, has vaulted over the ice wall, clipping the top as he did so. Beyond four figures, clad in black leather, struggle to keep the patrons still. Two clutch daggers, whilst the third holds a tube - all three are human. The fourth, a mira, paces back and forth before the ice wall, hands on the hilts of twin swords at her waist. Between the ice wall and the floor a small gap is starting to form, and the roof of the building looks to be under strain. As the ogre lands those nearby turn to look, and there is the sound of slow footsteps from further round the ice wall.
 The smoke by now has almost faded.

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HB/Ulten (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IcyTea/Chance (click to show/hide)

Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2014, 01:21:25 pm »

"What do ya want him for, anyway, that's more important than free food?" Spooner asks.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2014, 02:32:35 pm »

Catch my breath, then stand up.

"Those reflexes, and in total darkness... This guy isn't of the Eight, that's for sure."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2014, 03:00:34 pm »

Anthony tries breaking off the part with the runes.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2014, 07:11:12 pm »

Fia strst craving A10 aimed at the figure that chance is fighting
"Dont worry sir, your wound is healing"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:41:21 am by Varee »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2014, 06:30:27 am »

(( I think that should be A10, not B10?))

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36