Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG III  (Read 13918 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG III
« Reply #330 on: September 04, 2014, 07:15:59 am »

((Still interested.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 04, 2014, 11:15:56 am »

((I'm still in.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 04, 2014, 11:16:44 am »

((I suppose I wouldn't particularly have anything against continuing.))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 04, 2014, 01:53:42 pm »

((yeah, I'm up for continuing.))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 09, 2014, 02:35:10 pm »

Circling the Baliff’s HQ, the only visible occupants are clerks. The walls are dotted with a number of gilt framed paintings, though without an expert it is hard to tell which would be recognised elsewhere. A pair of rich statues flank the central staircase, though they would be both difficult to move and harder still to sell. The windows, however, halt around halfway round the building - there is mundane way to see what lies in its back from the ground. The roof has 2 skylights visible from below, one at the front, and one at the rear. What can be seen appears to be open plan, studded with desks. Thankfully, there is no evidence of runes.
 Ulten buys the helm for 10 gold, and continues searching. A simple mortar and pestle, together with a pot, would set him back only 2 gold.
 Fia takes a room, which is very much basic as described. It has a single straw matressed bed, with a chest at its foot, and a pair of crates against the opposite wall. A candle sits on one of the crates.
 Yozod is in luck. Very shortly after leaving the group, he comes across a small Dwarven forge, little larger than a hobbyists - however, the ornate metalwork hung outside the door marks the owner as far from it. The interior is dug into the rock itself, and lit by the flickering flame, but the smith is amiable, enquiring about the ogre’s business with only the briefest of glances at his race.
 Anthony and Ketsuki bothe express interest in the ribbon. It seems simple enough, golden but otherwise plain, around a foot in length. The troll asks 5 gold in return. The ring is more ornate, a band of black iron dotted with opals. 10 gold is its asking price.

Spoiler: HB/Ulten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Varee/Fia (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 09, 2014, 05:56:19 pm »

Anthony pulls out the coins nessesary and places them down.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 09, 2014, 06:46:21 pm »

Fia took out her symbol of water and kneel down and start praying
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 09, 2014, 07:09:09 pm »

A thoughtful look came over the female warrior's face.
"10 gold is too much of an investment, considering I don't even know if it's genuine - not that I'm infringing on your good word, of course. Still..."

Barter for the ring.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 09, 2014, 11:35:37 pm »

Go to the market and search for a crowbar, a coil of rope (10 meters is enough, but the more the better), a hammer, some wedges (preferably metal, but wooden ones work), and if I get lucky, some flash powder (or smoke bombs or other such items). Don't buy anything yet. A man, a plan, a caper...make no palindrome.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 09, 2014, 11:56:06 pm »

Yozod may not like dwarves much, but having been bound in their chains for nearly a year and freed only through a miracle, he has a begrudging respect for their blacksmiths. Stooping in order to fit through the door, he lays out his length of chain in front of the smith.

"I'm looking to get this reforged. Maybe make it a few links longer, and some sort of of weights to the ends of it, so that it's better suited for throwing. I was thinking maybe using horseshoes for weights before I got here, but looking around your shop, I can't help but feel that you've got something that'd work a little better."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 13, 2014, 02:19:46 pm »

Purchase mortar.

Purchase pestle.

Pay 2 gold.

Then back to the inn.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 16, 2014, 10:46:22 am »

((Huzzah! Moved and it turns out the mains is crap and the fuse trips stupidly easily (eg. I plugged in an alarm clock) However, it is now fixed, and with suitable care, should be able to get an update out sometime in the next few days.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 18, 2014, 04:02:41 am »

Both Anthony and Ulten simply make their purchases, for 5 and 2 gold respectively. Ketsuki is somewhat more reluctant and tries to barter down the price.
 ’8 gold is as low as I can go,’ the Drow responds. ’After all, it is real, I assure you.’ He gives a grin, revealing a mouth full of broken teeth.
 Chance meanwhile glides through the markets nearby, searching. One stall sells crowbars, hammers, and small bags of metal wedges, for 4 gold, 3 gold, and 5 gold respectively. Rope will set her back 1 gold and 5 silver for each ten metres, and wooden wedges are the same price per bag. A magician closing his stall down for the night is packing a bag of flash powder into his trunk, but he is not a vendor, so it might take some persuasion to make him part with it.
 Yozod’s smith looks over the chain briefly, before glancing up.
 ’This is Dwarven work. Now that’s a story I’d like to hear.’ He takes a pair of iron spheres out of a chest in the corner of the forge. ’So I’ll cut you a deal. That story for a bolas of iron. I don’t have much use for more coin these days.’

Spoiler: HB/Ulten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KJ/Anthony (click to show/hide)

Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 18, 2014, 04:55:58 am »

Buy a crowbar, a hammer and 20 meters of rope. Ask how many wedges each bag contains. Buy a bag of wooden wedges, as well. Greet the magician.

((I hope you don't mind me being in two places at once; I don't want to spend the next real week buying equipment, considering I also have a solo heist planned, which will take a couple turns.))
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 06:06:14 am by IcyTea31 »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 18, 2014, 04:59:34 am »

((Yeah, that's fine. And consider it enough wedges for whatever you have planned - assuming that isn't too excessive :P ))

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36