Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG III  (Read 13921 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG III
« Reply #315 on: August 04, 2014, 10:25:32 am »

Buy this dagger! Then check what prices helmets are going for in this market. Maybe even ask the same guy!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 04, 2014, 10:54:11 am »

Retroactively donate 10 gold to beggars in the poorer parts of the town, maybe in exchange for a bit of information about the town. Head for the markets and case some of the more promising targets.

((I was about to ask how much money we have, but then I remembered that the revised character sheets included 50 gold each.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 04, 2014, 12:16:40 pm »

With no need for more armour and her weapons fine, Ketsuki merely browsed the curios and relics, wondering if she should pick up a gift for the Saint. She had always appreciated when her Swordswoman had found her a trinket, though Ketsuki had never been sure whether it was the simple act of gifting from a friend that had delighted her so as opposed to the old books and artefacts Ketsuki had offered her. It hadn't been all one way, of course; the ribbon she wore over her failed eye had been a gift.

She brooded quietly. Ketsuki had been about to cut her hair - a few dagger strokes to leave a jagged, uneven mess - when the Saint had stopped her, instead having her tie her hair back. Too pretty to cut, she had said, and Ketsuki had bowed to her request. Like always, except that final stand they'd been seperated. The Saint had cried as the companions dragged her away, screaming for Ketsuki to come with her, but she'd stood resolute until the ogre had split her helm and almost her skull.

She looked over the helms and their price, but had no serious thoughts of buying one. She never liked reduced cone of vision, and Steelbreakers rarely wore much armour. She'd worn full plate before, and found it constraining and sweltering within the steel shell.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 06, 2014, 03:23:53 am »

Coin changes hands, and Ulten finds himself the owner of a new dagger. A quick enquiry reveals that a helm will cost him 10 gold, and a glance around tells him that this is the cheapest helm on the market, barring one which appears to be composed entirely of rust.
 Chance also parts with some coin, and is told that the richest men in town are the mine foremen, and the market bailiffs, who collect the sales tax. The beggar also reveals that she was once a miner herself, but lost her job when she was injured in a mine collapse - entirely avoidable with a quick visit from a decent mage. The mine foreman lives on the very outskirts of the city, in a typical dwarven home, its entrance on the lip of the bowl. The head bailiff is a human, and whilst she doesn’t know where his home is, she knows that the bailiff's headquarters are on the edge of the markets themselves.
 ’Can’t miss them.’ she assures her.
 The beggar is easily proved right. The building takes up almost four times as much space as the tavern. It is made of granite and marble, the entrance (which faces onto the market) flanked by columns and sharing that wall with a number of windows. Through them, a rich interior can be seem, the walls dotted with paintings and tapestries, and the furniture ornate and seemingly hand carved. A few figures work at desks - noticeably, none are dwarves.
 Back in the market, Anthony and Ketsuki find that many of the relics can be almost instantly dismissed as fakes, their surfaces scratched with arcane glyphs that are in truth little more than random scribblings.
 A few, however, seem more appealing. A drow proffers a ring that he swears offers immunity to poison, a mira an amulet that supposedly gives prophetic dreams. Besides them, a hooded dwarf claims to possess a fragment of a legendary blade, and a troll touts a ribbon that supposedly offers good fortune to its wearer.

Spoiler: IcyTea/Chance (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HB/Ulten (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 06, 2014, 03:32:12 am »

Buy the helmet! Then go looking for a mortar and pestle and a pot in the market.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 06, 2014, 03:48:46 am »

Plan further to burgle the bailiff's HQ: Possible entrances, presence of guards, most valuable and accessible objects (nothing particularly recognizable, however), hiding spots, magical wards of some sort?

((By the way, how is the legal system in this world? What is the punishment for, say, getting caught red-handed of burglary?))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 06, 2014, 04:19:23 am »

((It varies massively from place to place. In typical dwarven culture a criminal is brought before the area's ruler and they pass judgement as they see fit, and this is a dwarven city. As it's a market city, they're likely to err on the lenient side and just ban you from the city.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 06, 2014, 07:03:30 am »

Fia ask for a basic room and avoid interaction with anyone possible while heading to her room.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 06, 2014, 08:37:18 am »

Kyle checks the price for the ribbon.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 06, 2014, 12:13:13 pm »

((God dammit I thought that I had posted...))

Yozod hesitates for a while before entering the city. Welcoming as it may be out in these mountains, it's also dwarven, and dwarves have never been anything but trouble for Yozod. Eventually though, the promise of food and warmth wins out over old grudges, and Yozod enters the city, looking for a small forge where he could pick up a pair of horseshoes.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2014, 07:41:57 am »

((Apologies for the lack of update, birthday, exam results and all sorts coming up so things are a tad hectic. I'll try and get one up ASAP, but I won't make any promises as to when.))

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 19, 2014, 06:09:37 am »

((Bump just to say this isn't forgotten. Accepting a uni place is far more complicated than I previously thought, and people keep coming round. Given next week I'm off on a hike, I'll probably hiatus until September.))

Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 19, 2014, 10:41:42 am »

Well, at least it's now official. Don't feel pressured to do anything, real life should always take precedence.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 25, 2014, 01:05:48 pm »

(( I know it's on haitus, but so when it restarts my actions in... ))

Ketsuki looked closer at the ring and the ribbon. "I suppose good luck is something all of us need..."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 04, 2014, 07:07:12 am »

(( More uni shit to come and stuff, but I could probably get the odd update out. Do we still have interest? ))

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36