Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG III  (Read 13930 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG III
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2014, 10:27:36 am »

"We could; we had a destination, after all."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2014, 12:17:09 pm »

"Just leave something like this here? Have any of you even hunted drakes before? When they're in their lairs like this, all you have to do is use a spell to cause a cave-in on top of it, and it's a free kill. The hide and bones from one that size could easily buy us a month's worth of rations when we get to town, plus we'd be able to wait out this storm in one of the other caves without risking being eaten. If we keep walking now, odds are we're just going to freeze to death and be eaten when it wakes up and sniffs us out."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2014, 01:53:54 pm »

Anthony frowns.
"I refuse to kill an innocent creature in it's own home. Especially since something seems to be wrong."
Anthony approaches the drakes cave.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2014, 02:13:25 pm »

"If you have a way of causing that cave-in or anything similar, go ahead. I don't have anything particularly effective. Unless... Say, could any of us strike it down if they got close enough to it without alerting it? I know I couldn't, but I have a plan..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »

"Don't approach the cursed thing; let's be on our way, and leave the beast alone."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2014, 02:51:39 pm »

Yozod grabs Anthony before he can get too close to the cave.
"Innocent? For a drake to grow that large, it's eaten a bit too much to be innocent. Those goats we ate last night probably died without ever hurting anyone though, so what difference does innocence really make? Now don't go waking that thing up, unless you've got the guts and the gusto to kill it when it tries to eat you."

Turning to Chance:
"The only spells I know are for sailing and sinking ships. But give me something sharp or something heavy, and I could probably kill it before it before it knew I was there. Let me hear this plan of yours, and I'll decide if it's worth risking my life for."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2014, 02:55:04 pm »

Anthony frowns.
"Even so, it's better to help those that may be guilty but lack proof of guilt that to condemn the innocent to die."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2014, 02:57:08 pm »

"I know runes of cutting, if you insist on the risk and the delay. But poor weather for us is worse for hunting: the snow would cover any tracks and any scent."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2014, 03:00:26 pm »

"Quite simply, I know a rune that can hide things from sight and other senses. I haven't tried it on a person, though. With the rune, it might be possible to sneak up on it and get a few shots in, hopefully leaving it incapable of acting. Of course, we could just leave it be and not take the risk, ad others have said."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2014, 03:07:05 pm »

"It is true we could be gettin' a lotta money if we killed the giant drake somehow, then skinned it out here in the cold, which'd prolly take half a day, at least, and then butchered it, which'd be even more time, and then had, say, some way o' bringin' back what in all likelihood's gonna be a damn ton o' supplies, like a cart, for instance, then yeah, we could totally do this. But a cart we ain't got, and I sure as snow won't be carryin' that hide, or any of that meat. And that's if things go perfectly, which they ain't never gonna do. So let's be real here, huh?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2014, 03:16:42 pm »

"Thinking further, we could really just be on our way, then cast that rune on ourselves if it comes hunting."

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 28, 2014, 03:17:03 pm »

"We don't need to carry the entire thing. I'll wrap up a few of the better bones in the hide, and drag it with me like a sack. After the weather clears of course, because even unburdened, travelling through mountains in this snow is practically suicide. I say we kill the drake, wait out the storm in the cave, and then start travelling again when things clear up. Even if we can't butcher it, it's a lot safer waiting here if that thing's dead."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2014, 10:05:42 am »

(( Decision? If you really can't agree the party could split, and I'd do the smaller lot via PMs. ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2014, 10:09:13 am »

Anthony attempts to sneak down to get a better look into the cave.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2014, 01:43:44 pm »

Kyle pulls himself up to the drake’s cave (4+3) However, he slips, sliding back down to the ground in a hail of pebbles and clatters. From the cave itself the sound of a tail whipping through air can be heard, followed by a slow scraping.
 Gunnar takes the opportunity to interject, glancing at the party’s weapons.
 ’If that thing gets in the air, it isn’t likely to end well.’ His gaze falls on the end of the cleft, some 300 metres away.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36