Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG III  (Read 13922 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG III
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2014, 11:21:05 am »

"It isn't 'bullshit'. It's perfectly logical to try to destroy what you fear. If I was scared that you were out to murder me would you fault me on offing you when we're in private to make sure you can't?"

"Sure it's all etymological and whatnot, but ya can't just off people on suspicions. That's the surefire way ta have no friends. That and farmin' xanthoria on the surface. I mean, if ya had solid proof I was gonna murder ya, then sure. Go ahead. But with fears ya gotta be aware that some of 'em's just yer brain bein' stupid or seein' things that ain't there. That's the difference between normal people and dumbass lunatics like this crew. Their membranes is popped, and shit's flowin' freely between those earholes o' theirs, an' then they start thinkin' and believin' the steaming feces their broken little minds come up with after they've been burned, stabbed and crushed so hard they'll latch on to anythin' just so they can believe for a moment that shit makes sense and that there's some way they can make life not be so damn random and unfair to them anymore."

Spooner spits on the ground, then takes a bite of goat steak.

"Pisses me right off is what it does. Upstarts playin' gods 'cause the fates have it in for 'em. Like the universe's their own personal playground. Try actually helping someone, ya sacks of shit. Hope they have the courtesy to wind up dead 'fore they do any serious damage."

Be prepared for anybody around me to try anything - adrenaline's starting to pump again with the ranting. Cold sweat's coming on, anger's building.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2014, 11:23:09 am »

"Maybe you stop being an asshole and try to understand where they're coming from."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2014, 11:29:15 am »

"Maybe you stop being an asshole and try to understand where they're coming from."

"Where they're comin' from's all fine and good. Where they've gone from there's where the problem starts."

Spooner smiles a tad.

"But yeah, let's discuss. Where do ya think they're comin' from?"

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2014, 11:31:20 am »

A voice comes from just besides Ulten’s ear, from Gunnar, who is bent down besides him.
 ’Cease your bleating - the healer speaks well -’ He turns next to Anthony himself, who is examining him. ’- for one so young. My wounds will wait.’ His voice sounds oddly thin and slightly distorted,
 Meanwhile, the Mira has reached her blades. She does not pick them up, but instead turns around at the sound of discussion.
 ’I said come.’
 ’You have said many things,’ comes the reply. ’Wind, all of it. You only accepted me for my arm. But I am not your hound. You carry on alone.’
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2014, 11:33:21 am »

"Right then."
Anthony nods and goes to inspect the others for wounds.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2014, 11:36:43 am »

"Sure. Not like I'll be changin' minds, after all."

Prime self to dodge, just in case.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2014, 11:56:57 am »

((Long post incoming, don't update yet, please.)) ((Thank you.))

"All of you have a point. Let's talk a bit about me. As I said, I reassign wealth. That is, steal from the rich and give it to the poor, (of course, after a small cut for me). Most of the wealthy are, as Spooner would say, assholes. They accrued the wealth by taking it from those in need, whether by taxes or enterprise. I do understand that not all of them are bad, but in general, you have to be selfish to truly gain that wealth. The difference here is, the rich can easily live with what they have left, and also easily gain more, (quite possibly from the very people I give the money to, though they've had a meal by then).

However, if you take away magic from the world, nobody can do it anymore. While no evil mage will kill thousands, tens of thousands die from plagues that nobody can cure. That strikes me as hasty and wrong. You must think everything through to all of its effects, or you might screw yourself and many, many others over.
"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:14:42 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2014, 11:59:01 am »

((As a potentially plot altering point, I'm gonna wait a while for this update.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2014, 12:02:30 pm »

Ketsuki rose and shook her head.
"If you scorn magic, Kilaana is the right place, I suppose. Most of the nobles despise it as much as you. I imagine that's where you found most of your allies?"
She frowned thoughtfully.
"I question something, though, if I may. You met the Saint - have you any word of her? I was separated from her months ago, and everywhere I get conflicting answers."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2014, 12:10:48 pm »

The Mira stoops to pick up her blades.
 ’I have thought it through. The world is breaking up again. I won’t take that risk.’
 She straightens up, turning to the door.
 ‘And I saw the saint many years ago, down in  the swamps near Kilaana. She has most likely moved.’
 She starts to walk, and pauses halfway to the threshold.
 ’As for you Gunnar - they won’t accept you either.’
 She starts into motion once more. She pauses a moment, with her hand on the door, before she pushes it open.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2014, 12:28:16 pm »

After the mira had gone out the door, Ketsuki remained in thought for a while.
"I wonder if I should have killed her." She said thoughtfully, and then turned to Gunnar.

She went over and picked up the weapons she had taken from Gunnar, and the mysterious pipe-weapon, inspecting them all.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2014, 12:59:04 pm »

"Well, I guess it's back to our regular lives, then."

Spooner turns to Ketsuki.

"What was that about a saint?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2014, 01:12:37 pm »

"Not a saint, drow. The Saint. Sarrina Thulani, healer, scholar. " She opened her mouth, about to say more, then shut it again.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2014, 01:21:04 pm »

"Not a saint, drow. The Saint. Sarrina Thulani, healer, scholar. " She opened her mouth, about to say more, then shut it again.

"Name's Spooner, not Drow. Pleased to meet ya. Why ya wanna find her?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2014, 01:25:29 pm »

"Because I am hers. Her protector, her swordswoman. She needs me."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36