Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Not impressed  (Read 10281 times)

Williham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not impressed
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2014, 03:49:05 pm »

About the community; It's terrifying. A conversation about number of programmers affecting the programme's development turns into a conversation about half-sibling-half-sibling relations, relationships and interbreeding.
I'd say I'm surprised, but not that much, only when I think of the jumps needed. While reading it was all... logical. It was inevitable, considering you people.
Definitely best forums I know, when people can keep their cool.
It was inevitable.

I was sniped.

It was inevitable.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2014, 03:50:28 pm »

I think the simile has left DF land and gone into pregnancy and relationship discussion.

Anyway, I'm impressed with the update. I can finally take over the world without committing genocide!

Also, the community is terrific.

It is for the best.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2014, 03:50:48 pm »

About the community; It's terrifying. A conversation about number of programmers affecting the programme's development turns into a conversation about half-sibling-half-sibling relations, relationships and interbreeding.
I'd say I'm surprised, but not that much, only when I think of the jumps needed. While reading it was all... logical. It was inevitable, considering you people.
It was inevitable.

I was sniped.

It was inevitable.
It is sad, but not unexpected.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Williham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2014, 03:51:53 pm »

It was inevitable.

I was sniped.

It was inevitable.

Frankly, it is terrific.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2014, 03:52:29 pm »

It was inevitable.

I was sniped.

It was inevitable.

Frankly, it is terrific.
*spits*
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 05:31:01 pm »

So far it seems lacking with only a couple new features - jumping, climbing, sneaking, dialogue, progressive history, combat, trees. All of these aren't really major additions and some are minor re-works of existing functions.

Bold what I thought was the most hilarious.

I guess the idea of a world that progresses as you play is lost on you?
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2014, 05:38:10 pm »

So far it seems lacking with only a couple new features - jumping, climbing, sneaking, dialogue, progressive history, combat, trees. All of these aren't really major additions and some are minor re-works of existing functions.

We already had history. Threetoad probably only had to add a couple of codes to make it move.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:54:33 pm by Aninimouse »
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2014, 05:40:38 pm »

Yeah we had history, but did it move when a player played the game? beyond the cat bumping into your leg? Did towns rise and fall as you played? Did bandit groups up and leave from the camp where you thought they would be, only to find them in a town "far to the south?"
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 05:42:33 pm »

We already had history. Threetoad probably only had to add a couple of codes to make it move.
You're trolling, right? Cause that statement makes so little sense I'm hoping you can't possibly mean it. Please be trolling.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Irist GuruNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2014, 05:49:43 pm »

Threads about major changes not working right currently leaving them unimpressed due to bugs...

It was inevitable.  (This has reached meme proportions literally over night  8) )

I love the first few weeks after the test release...nowhere else will you experience the phantom baby armies, flying creatures exploding in gore all over the map and myriads of other wackiness.

The living world is amazing, already I already feel a sense of continuity when going from 1 fort to the next whereas before it felt completely isolated from previous settlements.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2014, 06:06:40 pm »

The entire two years of development was specifically for adding that "couple of codes". Yeah, you're objectively, factually, egregiously wrong.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2014, 06:29:49 pm »

Threads about major changes not working right currently leaving them unimpressed due to bugs...

It was inevitable.  (This has reached meme proportions literally over night  8) )

I love the first few weeks after the test release...nowhere else will you experience the phantom baby armies, flying creatures exploding in gore all over the map and myriads of other wackiness.

The living world is amazing, already I already feel a sense of continuity when going from 1 fort to the next whereas before it felt completely isolated from previous settlements.

the fact that it reached meme status was inevitable? I'll see myself out...
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2014, 06:35:49 pm »

the fact that it reached meme status was inevitable? I'll see myself out...

It is terrible. The horror...
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2014, 08:26:37 pm »

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2014, 10:37:41 pm »

There's always going to be someone who makes this thread after every release. It was inevitable.

As someone who doesn't really play Adventure Mode that much, I'm still thankful for the future fun the retiring, unretiring, and retiring adventurers in forts will bring. Ohmygosh the world is activated. I love it. Don't you love it?
And one day when I can actually play Adventure mode without starving to death and getting killed by Bogeymen, I will enjoy it a lot.

But until then.

It is terrifying. The horror.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5