Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Setting Up DF  (Read 482 times)

pareod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Setting Up DF
« on: July 09, 2014, 10:58:23 am »

I'm trying to get into DF with the newest update, but I need help setting it up.  I downloaded the starter pack, because it said it had the major plugins and the stonsense graphics all packaged together.  I'm not sure how to check if I have everything, but pcgamer said that in order to enable the 3D graphics I need to open the console by pressing ctrl+shift+P.  I've tried this but nothing opens.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Setting Up DF
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:04:05 am »

I don't think the 2014 version does have stonesense yet.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 11:54:40 am »

I'm trying to get into DF with the newest update, but I need help setting it up.  I downloaded the starter pack, because it said it had the major plugins and the stonsense graphics all packaged together.  I'm not sure how to check if I have everything, but pcgamer said that in order to enable the 3D graphics I need to open the console by pressing ctrl+shift+P.  I've tried this but nothing opens.

If you want to play using the stonesense graphics, you have to download the older 34.11, and have DFhack and stonesense installed into the folder.  You can't use 40.01 if you want 3d, due to none of the utilities having updated.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 11:55:33 am »

If you want to use utilities, you'll have to downgrade or wait. The new version has only just been released, so all the modders need some time to update their utilities (most notably DFhack)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 12:15:08 pm »

but pcgamer said that in order to enable the 3D graphics I need to open the console by pressing ctrl+shift+P.  I've tried this but nothing opens.
I cringed when I read that article. Idiots, not knowing what they were writing about, just following the hype started by wired. It was totally f@cked up, no wonder people are looking for the new DF version with 3D graphics, wowwowwow!