Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friendly Goblins?  (Read 1842 times)

Retroblu

• Bay Watcher
  • Nanomachines Son.
    • View Profile
Friendly Goblins?
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:30:17 am »

Are goblins friendlier in this update? I've encountered several in a city living with humans, and encountered a random band of them but they aren't attacking. is this normal or a bug?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Goblins?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 09:31:40 am »

I think it likely depend on the alliance between said civilizations.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Retroblu

• Bay Watcher
  • Nanomachines Son.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 09:34:18 am »

Ahhhhhhh. Okie dokie. It just feels weird encountering them and not being attacked/mercilessly slaughtered.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:35:42 am »

I've had a few cases where a human town was ruled by a goblin. My instincts were to slaughter them on the spot, naturally.

Retroblu

• Bay Watcher
  • Nanomachines Son.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:44:28 am »

Well now my adventuring band consists of me, a dwarven maceman, a human piker, and a goblin hammerman. I might need to document this.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:27:19 am »

It seems as if in every dwarf fortress I spawn in with adventure mode, the dwarves have set up trade-agreements with the goblins.
I don't blame them though, they're probably desperate for clothes and armor that actually fit them, to bad goblins have the same problem.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 11:06:34 am »

Back just a few days before DF2014 came out, I was able to recruit a bunch of goblins once I became powerful/murderous enough.
Of course, I could auto-attack them, but it adds to your fame since, unlike other goblins, you get to report their deaths. That last bit applies only to DF2012's final release.