Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't move any faster than a walk?  (Read 721 times)

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't move any faster than a walk?
« on: July 09, 2014, 07:49:08 am »

I can't seem to move any faster than walking pace. I've seen screenshots of people with their "Sprint, Run, Jog, Walk" ect, but when I open the menu all I can chose is "Walk."  >:(

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: Can't move any faster than a walk?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:03:32 am »

That menu works with arrow keys, did you try that?
If that's not it, a screenshot of your menu would help.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Brisen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:28:18 am »

Posted about this issue in another thread. The reason you can't go faster/slower than walk is because you are using a non-compatible tileset. As far as i know we will have to wait for the tilesets to get updated before they become fully compatible with the new menus.

Here is how the movement/sneak menu should look when using the standard ASCII tileset:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But im guessing you are seing something more similar to this:

I'm not manly enough to play without tilesets myself, so we will just have to wait until the mods/tilesets get up to date.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:32:03 am by Brisen »

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:41:50 am »

Posted about this issue in another thread. The reason you can't go faster/slower than walk is because you are using a non-compatible tileset. As far as i know we will have to wait for the tilesets to get updated before they become fully compatible with the new menus.

Here is how the movement/sneak menu should look when using the standard ASCII tileset:

I'm not manly enough to play without tilesets myself, so we will just have to wait until the mods/tilesets get up to date.

That looks more like a TrueType font problem, not a tileset problem.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 10:08:32 am »

Tile-sets aren't set up yet to be installed like they were in previous versions.
I used pheobus and it didn't work for switching speeds, until somebody posted this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140111.0
If you want a tile-set, and don't really care what tile-set it is, use the link provided on that thread for a pre-installed pheobus DF for 40.01.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Brisen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:15:21 am »

Tile-sets aren't set up yet to be installed like they were in previous versions.
I used pheobus and it didn't work for switching speeds, until somebody posted this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140111.0
If you want a tile-set, and don't really care what tile-set it is, use the link provided on that thread for a pre-installed pheobus DF for 40.01.

Thanks alot for sharing this!

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 10:35:10 am »

That looks more like a TrueType font problem, not a tileset problem.
I thought so too, but switching to TrueType in vanilla DF is fine, it displays that menu correctly. This is just a problem with old tilesets.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.