Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal Training in latest version  (Read 702 times)

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
Animal Training in latest version
« on: July 09, 2014, 06:31:51 am »

I have a problem in the latest version of DF (0.40.01). My Animal Trainer keeps saying that there is no animal to train even when my dogs are alive and well. Has anyone else had this problem?

HigginsObvious

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarven Engineer and Honorary Viking
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Training in latest version
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 02:43:53 am »

Having a similar problem, I suspect it's related to http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6560.

BenTGaidin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Training in latest version
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 05:47:46 pm »

Possible solution -- when I was having the same problem, and watched the trainer, I noticed that they would wander to a spot in the pasture where the dogs had been standing earlier. When I confined the dogs to a one-tile (per dog, to avoid fighting) pasture so that they wouldn't move around, the trainer was able to work with them. The one time it failed, the dog had been spooked and left its space. Seems to be a failure of pathing, as if they're going to where the animal was when they took the job, rather than where-ever it happens to be standing now, and then getting confused when it's not there.

So it seems like for now, one-tile pastures and caging is going to be how I'll handle training.