Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 454577 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #480 on: September 06, 2014, 01:49:29 pm »

Does constructing a floor over a hole to the outside prevent the area below it from being sunny (i.e. preventing cave adaptation?)
Once an area is 'light' it will never become dark, no matter what you do to it.  roofs, bridges, floors, glass ceilings, nothing with destroy the light.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 06, 2014, 03:27:53 pm »

Great - and I forgot, can constructed walls/floors be smoothed/engraved?
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 06, 2014, 03:46:41 pm »

Nope.  Well, there is / was a bug that let you do that, but I don't know if it still works.  It's not an intentional feature [yet] anyway.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 06, 2014, 05:50:22 pm »

OK, third question - my two legendary miners have just started flashing blue.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 06, 2014, 05:56:59 pm »

OK, third question - my two legendary miners have just started flashing blue.

Once a dwarf becomes legendary in a skill they start flashing blue.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 06, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »

Or they could be thirsty.  Are they flashing between a dwarf and a blue down arrow, or just flashing a different color?

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 06, 2014, 09:07:06 pm »

Do walls and floors (non-constructed) NEED to magma safe material too, so if my floor is andesite will it eventually melt through, or is it only for buildings and items that magma safe is needed.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 06, 2014, 09:13:44 pm »

Natural floor/walls wont melt.  Neither will constructed walls/floor tiles.  Anything made with (b)(C) is magic and will never get targeted, destroyed, or melt.  Stuff on them will burn and die, but not the tiles themselves.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 06, 2014, 09:55:38 pm »

Natural floor/walls wont melt.  Neither will constructed walls/floor tiles.  Anything made with (b)(C) is magic and will never get targeted, destroyed, or melt.  Stuff on them will burn and die, but not the tiles themselves.

Hah, and this entire time i've been making buffer constructions around natural walls and floors thinking they would melt. So much time and resources wasted.

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 07, 2014, 12:05:18 am »

Is there a way to turn blackberry/raspberry/whatever- berry plants into something usable?

They keep taking up space in my food stockpiles from farming and gathering, and I can't figure out how to turn them into useable components.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 07, 2014, 06:48:57 am »

Is there a way to turn blackberry/raspberry/whatever- berry plants into something usable?

They keep taking up space in my food stockpiles from farming and gathering, and I can't figure out how to turn them into useable components.
Try utilizing minecarts and/or drawbridges. They might be usable as projectiles.

(To more properly answer the question: No, I don't think you can process them without modding.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:55:03 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 07, 2014, 12:09:43 pm »

Not yet, no.  It's still one of the big unfinished things for .40.x.  I'm hoping Toady gets to it sooner than later, but so far as I know there's no hints of a timetable on it yet.

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 07, 2014, 10:20:28 pm »

Okay thanks. Time to dig down into the magma sea and make a magma dump...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 08, 2014, 07:40:56 pm »

I wanted to ask if the dwarves (and fortress animals) growing in age but not in size bug has been fixed by Toady in the latest version.

If not, would someone be kind enough to direct me to the df hack fix for the bug? I think someone made a fix back when this was still breaking news.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 08, 2014, 07:55:18 pm »

I wanted to ask if the dwarves (and fortress animals) growing in age but not in size bug has been fixed by Toady in the latest version.

If not, would someone be kind enough to direct me to the df hack fix for the bug? I think someone made a fix back when this was still breaking news.
Fixed by Toady, in .40.0x
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 268