Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 454238 times)

nightarix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2014, 11:37:27 pm »

oh another two questions
1) do roads do anything beyond ensuring a path to the trading post.
2) has anyone else had 2 wagons appear with the first liaison?

1) You don't need them to have a path to the trading post. If you press D (shift+d) and it says Depot Accessible, you're good to go. If not, then you just need to clear away enough walls/boulders/trees to have a 3-tile wide approach to it. Then again, roads might give more positive thoughts to dwarves, at least if they're made well.
2)I do recall having that before, in previous versions, so I guess it happens based on your wealth or the wealth of the mountainhomes.

1) eh was mostly wondering if smooth roads sped up dwarves/wagon. either way i'd rather have a certainty that the route they'll go is the one i want them to take, for the purpose of trap setup.
2) it'd be odd if that was the case, i don't think that fort had much wealth? considering i think it was only the first liaison.

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2014, 01:29:34 am »

In legends mode when viewing "The Age of Myth" page I found this:
In the midspring of 127, <goblin civ> secured tribute from <dwarven group>, to be delivered from <dwarven settlement>.
Any ideas what does that means?
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2014, 03:25:32 am »

In legends mode when viewing "The Age of Myth" page I found this:
In the midspring of 127, <goblin civ> secured tribute from <dwarven group>, to be delivered from <dwarven settlement>.
Any ideas what does that means?
loot

glorious loot
._.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2014, 08:50:11 am »

1) eh was mostly wondering if smooth roads sped up dwarves/wagon.

Only insofar as it allows them to go in a straight line instead of weaving around trees.  It doesn't change their actual speed.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Visus Draconis

• Bay Watcher
  • Prognosticationist
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2014, 09:15:50 am »

How do you gather fruits from trees? Do you have to wait until they fall off or something?
"Armok, I would like a set of ☼adamantine socks☼ for the winter holiday."

Syndrome-causing cloud of creeping mist appears at the edge of the map.

"I'll take that as a no."

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2014, 10:22:11 am »

How do you gather fruits from trees? Do you have to wait until they fall off or something?

Right now, you can't.  It's not implemented yet.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2014, 05:12:21 pm »

This isn't really a bug or an issue, but is it usually a good idea to resize the embark area?
Black lives matter.

JoeJoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2014, 05:42:08 pm »

Ultimately depends on your preferences. Smaller embarks will take longer to reach FPS death, but offer fewer features and less room for your megaprojects. Enemies will also spawn closer to your fort entrance. On larger embarks you of course have more room and resources. I personally usually embark on 3 * 3, and I used to do 2 * 2 a lot, but I don't think I'll do that for a while now.

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2014, 06:04:29 pm »

Is the military supposed to be even more useless now?

All my squads run away from enemies as soon as they see them.

I had a squad of marksdwarves shoot at a minotaur and only 2 or 3 of them were brave enough to do it. And they missed every single shot, definitely more than 50 bolts off target.

All the old bugs seem to still be there.

And tantrums are way more frequent.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2014, 06:07:51 pm »

Personality was reworked, as a result your military now needs to develop a discipline skill and dwarves lacking it will run from pretty much everything.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2014, 07:49:33 am »

Personality was reworked, as a result your military now needs to develop a discipline skill and dwarves lacking it will run from pretty much everything.
Amusingly this seems to happen to Goblins too, who are a bunch of cowardly cry babies now.
Not that I would face five Hammer lords in full steel with just a cooper stick.

--

Is it intentional that goblin kills are no longer notable with a few exceptions, or is it a bug?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2014, 07:55:49 am »

Amusingly this seems to happen to Goblins too, who are a bunch of cowardly cry babies now.
Not that I would face five Hammer lords in full steel with just a cooper stick.

--

Is it intentional that goblin kills are no longer notable with a few exceptions, or is it a bug?
That is supposed to be be goblin culture.  Rule of the strongest, with punishments dealt out by the individual.  Stability is only achieved by the strongest ruling, and the others usually go along more out of fear or promise of gain than mutual cooperation.

So yes, the lower tier of goblins are going to be used to getting hit, beaten on, killed, and not very confident or assertive.  Its unknown to me exactly who ranks higher than who, but only the distinguished could expect to be influential and thus capable.

That said, I do think everyone in this version is a bit too scared.  Im sure we will figure out a way to balance that out eventually.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2014, 09:54:42 am »

One of my dwarves apparently has a mind of his own and ignores everything I tell him. He is driven by some unknown force to run south and rub against the map edge. He's been there for half a year now. I don't know if he actually gets food or water, but he doesn't seem hungry, thirsty, or drowsy, though he is perpetually tired. I want to transport him to my fort... for science.

Any ideas how would I do so? I'm thinking of using a webbed cage, though I don't have any captive GCS yet.

(also hi, I'm new here c:)

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2014, 09:57:17 am »

But did Toady nerf the marksdwarves to make them miss a lot more at lower levels? Mine weren't hitting the minotaur though it was just sitting there and he only had to dodge once.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2014, 10:30:23 am »

One of my dwarves apparently has a mind of his own and ignores everything I tell him. He is driven by some unknown force to run south and rub against the map edge. He's been there for half a year now. I don't know if he actually gets food or water, but he doesn't seem hungry, thirsty, or drowsy, though he is perpetually tired. I want to transport him to my fort... for science.

Any ideas how would I do so? I'm thinking of using a webbed cage, though I don't have any captive GCS yet.

(also hi, I'm new here c:)

Unless he's hostile, traps won't work. Is his icon flashing, by any chance? (I mean, rapidly changed to, say, an exclamation mark?). My guess is he sees something that's horrifying him, making him run away in fear. Would explain the tiredness.
Any job cancellations?
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 268