Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 454134 times)

DracMonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2014, 11:43:56 am »

I think for the brewing bug, if you grow something brewable then you'll suddenly be able to brew anything you've got available.

Today's update mentions the brew bug, so I guess (hope) it'll be squashed in the next one.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2014, 05:04:12 pm »

Can I equip my entire fortress with only togas or robes, without them getting upset.

TheCritsyBear

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a masterful engraving of an avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2014, 06:23:09 pm »

I settled a forest and found that it was completely inhabited by fig trees, plum trees, and pecan trees. How does a dwarf go about picking these? It seems cutting them down causes them to forget they had fruit in the first place, and when I try to set a dwarf to gather 'p'lants on their fruit-y leaves, it doesn't highlight anything. I can't think of anything else. Has anyone else managed to get fruit from a tree?

Alternatively, if I figured out how eventually, would I need to make them little dwarf ladders, or will they remember they can climb trees?
I had to create a new account for my own reasons, I was once a Bay Watcher like you. Now I am but a lowly Escaped Lunatic.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2014, 06:26:07 pm »

Gathering from trees doesn't work yet sadly, but it should be one of the next things fixed after serious stability bugs.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

JoeJoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2014, 06:28:38 pm »

Can I equip my entire fortress with only togas or robes, without them getting upset.

Togas and robes both only count for covering the upper body. You'll also need something covering the lower body and shoes. Check this out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »

Yup.  They would need loincloths and chausses sandals at the least.  :)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2014, 06:38:41 pm »

Yup.  They would need loincloths and chausses sandals at the least.  :)

Unfortunately no sandles only shoes. Sooooo a roman/greek hipster.

JoeJoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2014, 06:43:20 pm »

You could mod your dwarves to be able to make capes, thongs and sandals. Then make everyone wear them for a sexy orgyfort.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2014, 07:01:14 pm »

You could mod your dwarves to be able to make capes, thongs and sandals. Then make everyone wear them for a sexy orgyfort.

Reading the descriptions of the women................OH GOD MY EYES!!!!OH GOD MY MIND!!!!! BLEACH NOW!!!

TheCritsyBear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2014, 12:05:24 pm »

Sorry for two posts in one page, but, how do you get berries off of bushes? I'm playing a human fortress and the only crop I can grow here are Bilberries and Cranberries... Both of which my humans uproot completely from the ground and don't understand how to eat.

EDIT NOTE: I tried the obvious "Process plants" function, but it simply returns a "Requires unrotten" bla bla bla.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 12:13:54 pm by TheCritsyBear »
I had to create a new account for my own reasons, I was once a Bay Watcher like you. Now I am but a lowly Escaped Lunatic.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2014, 12:15:40 pm »

Sorry for two posts in one page, but, how do you get berries off of bushes?

You can't, yet.  Toady hasn't fully implemented all the new plants.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

TheCritsyBear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2014, 12:17:25 pm »

Sorry for two posts in one page, but, how do you get berries off of bushes?

You can't, yet.  Toady hasn't fully implemented all the new plants.

Darn. Eggs cheese and the odd wolf-meat from now on, I suppose. ;\

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2014, 12:42:17 pm »

Is it normal to have hundreds of rejects when generating a world with the "SMALL REGION" template?  Even with no modified settings at all (except end year), I get hundreds of rejects.  I got 259 of them in my most recent world, with only slight bumps to titans and civilizations.  It's not breaking (as far as I can see), but it's worrying me.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2014, 12:56:47 pm »

Is it normal to have hundreds of rejects when generating a world with the "SMALL REGION" template?  Even with no modified settings at all (except end year), I get hundreds of rejects.  I got 259 of them in my most recent world, with only slight bumps to titans and civilizations.  It's not breaking (as far as I can see), but it's worrying me.

Yep, it's normal. I checked my vanilla version and the rejections are mainly because the game is having trouble creating enough mountain peaks it seems. (Or creating peaks at all, rather)
I think that's normal for small maps. Lowering the amount of mountain peaks you want should lower the number of rejections if it's bothering you.
Of course, it could be a problem with mountain generation in the new version, but I see nothing dangerous in it.

If it worries you enough, try generating maps in older versions after setting LOG_MAP_REJECTS in data/init/d_init.txt to YES. See if it produces similar results, it might actually be a new worldgen bug.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 268